In Search of My Body - Not the One I Ate, VOL 7! Princesses? Nope, just us Goddesses!

ah crap. Goals for tomorrow. I *almost* forgot.

water
track
no wine/alcohol of any kind (waaaay over did it tonight:rolleyes1)
core workout after my run

:laughing: I had to go back and find my goals from last night to make sure I didn't miss anything (I didn't.) Mission accomplished for today.

Tomorrow:

water (this will remain a goal until it becomes a habit)
track
no alcohol
30 minutes on the TM

Sunday is typcially my day off, but I want to do an easy 30 minutes for shoe reasons.

Goals for today:
Calories: 1160
Water: 64 oz+
Exercise: 30 min on elliptical, 10 on treadmill, 25 crunches straight up, 20 on each side

Goals for tomorrow:
Calories: Under 1200
Water: 64 oz+
Exercise: Hockey!

We ate crab legs from the freezer for dinner... so good. I got them on sale a month or two ago when they were $2.77/lb. :)

Good Morning Everyone!

note to self: when ones goal is to drink 64oz of water per day (not including the water consumed during a workout), one should start much earlier in the day or risk finding themselves with a whole lotta water to finish after dinner :headache:

:rotfl2: duly noted!

Happy Saturday Night!!!

I did run the treadmill this morning about 1.5 miles. I know that is nothing to what you ladies can do. But I WILL get there..

You RAN 1.5miles?! Thats great! I can't run on a treadmill (or on the pavement either!) so good for you!

GOD - 48 hours of straight NFL. Lord help me. Faith is singing and it's a friggin' Saturday. Pray for me. :lmao:

I feel your pain, DH watched 2 games yesterday and has plans to watch 2 games tonight! :confused3

I am so rubbish at posting my goals the night before!

Yesterdays goals - done!

Todays goals:

Water
Tracking

At the minute I have no set plans for exercise - Im working all day so I will hopefully get on the cross trainer tonight whilst DH is watching NFL!

Have a great day everyone :)

I made it! A quick report on the half marathon. We woke at 2:30 and left for the start area at 3:30. Sue and I waited in the warm car until 4:30 and then ventured out. I was in the last corral, G. Thought I was sprung, but it was not to be. Getting us started took a while. My group began 30 minutes after the speed demons.

I ran down Main Street and saw Sue along the way. She hopped several monorails to follow me around. She saw me again at mile 12. I hear there are pictures of this, too.

I ended up with a 3:12. I walked the last several miles. I developed some deep blisters on the balls of both feet - heels a little, too. Painful to push off. I did some math. Realizing I would make it - I walked it in.

At the start it was sleeting. Sleeting! It turned to a light rain for the rest of the race. I'd read that keeping rain off of your face makes a big difference and believe it did. I was wearing a billed hat and other than seeing the rings in the water didn't notice it was raining. After I finished and got the medal - photos to follow - I found Sue. I had also read that a good thing to do after an effort like this is an ice bath. It's just what it sounds like. That's what the earlier pic was.

We then took warm showers and naps.

Today we're headed to AK to cheer any marathoners we see. I'll get my pic taken with the medal and ride EE. It's new since I was here last.

I'm on vacation!

Ronda

At the start it was sleeting. Sleeting! It turned to a light rain for the rest of the race.

Sleeting? SLEETING? :scared1: yikes. I think you should get a special medal for that! ::yes:: I can't wait to see the pictures!

Hope your feet are feeling better! Enjoy the rest of your vacation - you have so earned it!

I made it! A quick report on the half marathon. We woke at 2:30 and left for the start area at 3:30. Sue and I waited in the warm car until 4:30 and then ventured out. I was in the last corral, G. Thought I was sprung, but it was not to be. Getting us started took a while. My group began 30 minutes after the speed demons.

I ran down Main Street and saw Sue along the way. She hopped several monorails to follow me around. She saw me again at mile 12. I hear there are pictures of this, too.

I ended up with a 3:12. I walked the last several miles. I developed some deep blisters on the balls of both feet - heels a little, too. Painful to push off. I did some math. Realizing I would make it - I walked it in.

At the start it was sleeting. Sleeting! It turned to a light rain for the rest of the race. I'd read that keeping rain off of your face makes a big difference and believe it did. I was wearing a billed hat and other than seeing the rings in the water didn't notice it was raining. After I finished and got the medal - photos to follow - I found Sue. I had also read that a good thing to do after an effort like this is an ice bath. It's just what it sounds like. That's what the earlier pic was.

Today we're headed to AK to cheer any marathoners we see. I'll get my pic taken with the medal and ride EE. It's new since I was here last.

I'm on vacation!

Ronda

Ugg Sleet in florida.. That is wrong, just wrong..
Enjoy your vacation!!!

Ronda - sleet!?! Yikes you made good time walking any way. I can't say that I would have finished with sleet.

I'm on vacation!

Ronda

Well done Ronda! :cheer2:
Yikes, you DO deserve an extra medal for running in sleet!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, can't wait for pictures!

I'm on vacation!

Ronda

You ARE on vacation! ENJOY! Sorry the weather was so miserable! But you, my friend, have done a HALF! :cool1:

Jo--listen, I didn't wake up one day and go run 6 miles. OMG, getting to the point I'm at now was a process. Please, please, please don't ever feel bad about 1.5 miles. I remember the time I posted about my very first TWO miles. And I also remember my first ever post about doing FOUR miles. I am SO not a natural-born runner. If I have time, I'll go back and find the posts. They are good for me to read as well.

And here's another thing...I NEVER take a run for granted. Yes, it's true, that my short runs now are around 4 miles. But every time I finish 4 miles--even if it is my shortest run of the week--I think, "Holy crap. I just ran 4 miles. FOUR. ME!!" So celebrate every milestone. Keep focused and stay on your schedule. You'll be doing your first 5k in no time!

Goals--

Yesterday, I made all goals except water. I stopped tracking and lost count so I'm not sure how much I drank. And my run was craptastic, but I did it. Jeff and I had date night last night, and I MEASURED and tracked my alcohol. OMG, I have been drinking way too much wine -- a serving size is 5 ozs!

Today's Goals:

--Water
--Track
--Run

I already worked out today. 60 minutes on the elliptical followed by a flat and fast 5k. So now it is just water and tracking for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow's Goals (in case I am not on again today):

--Water
--Track
--Weights
--Run
--Tweak training schedule! I am off schedule so I need to set aside half an hour and really make my workout schedule.

Not sure about everyone, but I am loving posting daily goals. It seems to keep me so much more focused and not be overwhelming. It also doesn't let me procrastinate. Like before, if my goals was to run 4x/week, I could get away with saying, "Well, I can push that off till tomorrow...." Now if it is a daily goal, it gets done.

FYI--almost time for Volume 8!

Daily goals are awesome. I tend to stick with it. Weighed in this morning. I lost 2 lbs this week. Who would have thought that exercising works.

After I finished and got the medal - photos to follow - I found Sue.

:love: I really pictured all this Ronda. It must so lovely and invigorating to see Sue along the way!

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Congratulations to you.

Nancy - she wanted the Eagles so Romo pissed her off.

Kelly - is he okay? :lmao: Early Patriots losing. Doesn't he love them? I'll pray for him. :rotfl:

Jo - I enjoy any kind of heavy interval workout. You know how some women hate sweating - well I LOVE sweating. I used to do my own intervals - cardio and weights. A lot of kickboxing in that (Read legs flying not skilled at all:lmao:). Lately I've been doing Jillian's Boost Metabolism intervals but I rework it out for me. I work it out to a half hour workout where sometimes I do it for an hour - sometimes half.

I've also been doing intervals on the bike b/c Paula loves her bike.

Me - I'm smiling at these daily goals. Shaking my head and smiling - oh the irony for me. Oh the irony. Because just as you all decided on that (which is great and wonderful) I've decided right after the last BL - at the same time - that I'm letting it all go. I know - I know I was never really doing anything anyway in terms of really watching. But really letting it go.

Letting it go doesn't mean that I won't exercise. I need that and love that. And we woudn't want to see my mental health without it. Nor am I leaving trying to eat consciously. It came to me when I spoke to Kelly about her tapes. I started to wonder why I wasn't doing my classical stretch or pilates anymore and I loved them. I enjoyed them. I realized I left them with the scale. I left them because it became clear to me that the scale moved when I replaced them with more cardio. So I left what I loved to see the scale move. I never choose what to eat or not to eat - you know that. But I've also left my flaxseed intake because I realized the scale moved without it.

Listen - I'm not Paula. Paula is able to separate her weight from all that is gloriously Paula. Me - I've been thinking I wasn't good enough - or being told through my weight that was sometimes over and sometimes normal and misread - since I was at least five years old. I'm flippin' forty two. That's insane. And focusing on this goal - this scale - this weight is just adding to my ridiculous mentality and quite frankly I"m sick of it.

So pray for me. :lmao: I'm scared but it's time for me to be the year where right now is okay. Right now is fine. And this is the only way for me to do this.

Okay, thanks for listening to my ramble.

So I'll be here to merely annoy and entertain. :lovestruc

Fantastic EE!!

I just made a spinach, salmon, and red onion omelette... was going to add half an ounce of goat cheese but realized too late that they were out of regular EggBeaters and I had bought Southwestern. It turned out edible but not great. The spices weren't really right for salmon. I added homemade hashbrowns -- 1 diced potato and half a diced onion, cooked in a nonstick pan with a bit of cooking spray, salt and pepper. Total calories for "3 egg" (3/4 cup EggBeaters) omelette and hashbrowns = 250.

I stepped on the scale this morning myself... down 5.6 lbs from last Sunday. I am going to make Mondays my weigh-in day, though, so tomorrow will be the "official" weight.

Not sure about everyone, but I am loving posting daily goals. It seems to keep me so much more focused and not be overwhelming. It also doesn't let me procrastinate. Like before, if my goals was to run 4x/week, I could get away with saying, "Well, I can push that off till tomorrow...." Now if it is a daily goal, it gets done.

Posting daily goals works for me too Erika! If its there on screen and I have to answer to you guys it pushes me to get them done!

Daily goals are awesome. I tend to stick with it. Weighed in this morning. I lost 2 lbs this week. Who would have thought that exercising works.

Awesome Amiee! :cool1:

Kelly - is he okay? :lmao: Early Patriots losing. Doesn't he love them? I'll pray for him. :rotfl:

Judging from the amount of swearing coming from the other room Im guessing they are still losing! :rotfl2:
Im staying out of his way, its safer!

Lisa - :hug: for you, just because.

I stepped on the scale this morning myself... down 5.6 lbs from last Sunday. I am going to make Mondays my weigh-in day, though, so tomorrow will be the "official" weight.

Fantastic Kat! :cool1:
Oh, add me to the list of people who love when you post your food - I get so many ideas from you!

CSI:NY - 1st episode of the new series last night. Did not see that coming!

Todays goals:
Tracking - done. Tracked everything including the Jelly Beans Ive just eaten!
Water - I haven't drank as much as I wanted to, but its only 8pm so I can get a few more glasses down!

Tomorrows goals:

Tracking
Water - Must do better!
Pilates - Im going to do the Pilates for Dummies DVD and build up to the lower back pain pilates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!