In Search of My Body - Not the One I Ate... Vol. 6: Goddesses just want to have fun

My running blows right now, by the way. I have to switch shoes, for sure. But of course, the real issue is that I haven't been doing ANY distance for ages. So it is time to up the miles in a big way.

I'm thinking tomorrow will be a running day for me - if the weather is good. I want to do a trail run....much easier on my old joints, well, as long as I don't trip over a root or something ;)

Nancy--did you get the training wheels off or do I need to throw a wrench at you???

:duck: YIKES! And here everyone thought *I* was bad with the whole whistle thing. :laughing: I'm doing pretty well today so far. But this is my worst time of day. I get those pre-dinner munchies, and the urge to have a nice glass of wine while I cook.

Totally! Get the pink. This is what I was thinking, till I saw you don't like pink?!?!?! Get purple. That works. (My favorite color)

I love purple too!

Nancy, does the house feel different without Seth? Good different, bad different, just different?

Just different. Mostly at meal time. It's odd cooking for one less - and he is a huge fan of leftovers. Would rather eat a plate of spaghetti for breakfast than anything else. Now I aim for no leftovers. It's tricky! OH - but I most definitely have less laundry :thumbsup2

I bought apples from an apple farm Monday and thought of you. I REALLY wanted to get a Boston Cream Donut from Tim Hortons, but since that's the gift that keeps on giving, I went with the Golden Crisp apples instead. (At least I think that's the name?)

The gift that keeps on giving :rotfl: Good choice on the apples. Love some fresh, crisp native apples. They're so much better than fruit that's had to travel 1/2 way across the world to get to my grocery store.

Ronda - sounds like you're having a great trip!

Dawn - I meant to ask you. Did you go to WW last Friday? :hug: for the whole Treynor thing- it's so hard to let them just do their thing, isn't it?

Kat - Glad you & your hair have made your peace :hippie: have a great trip! You too Cathie!

I'm too busy exercising to post on this thread. :lmao:;)

Paula :lovestruc - Nancy :lovestruc - thank you both. I finished my fifth consectutive day today and therefore we can put the straight jacket up for sale on Ebay. :rotfl::surfweb:

Will catch up. Kat have fun. Cathie I'll be back on before you leave.

And Erika:lovestruc - so happy to see you. I have many questions for the girl with too many husbands but I'll spare you for now.

Nancy - It is weird cooking for one less. Treyner ate anything but was not a huge leftover fan. Way less laundry here as well!

As far as Treyner - I am actually calmer than I thought. I have zero control and thus zero guilt I need to have so I just need to support and sit back.

He is headed to Vegas this weekend with a group of freshman players who are not headed to Texas with the team. It is about 7 hours away and a kid from the team has grandparents who live off the strip and are opening their house to them.

Gambling is 21 and they are not legal for bars. They plan on walking the strip and trying to get in and swim at the pool at Hard Rock.

I advised him to get his homework done before he left and then shut up.

Yes he can get in a whole lot of trouble anywhere but at Vegas - the odds are better. I though remember the fun of those weekend getaways at college and he needs to live life and I just need to pray they drive safely and get home safely. The rest for me is na na na na na na - and plugging my ears. He makes great choices most days and having faith the adult he is now will continue to do so is a true test! :worship:

WW - last week - I lost 3 pounds! :banana:

Thanks Nancy. :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Okay, I'm now going to bombard you all with the final part of our just over a week trip. NYC. I'm so sorry but you're going to get pictured out!!!!

Here we go.

So we leave WDW - land in Pittsburgh late flght (too late to change locations to be closer to NYC) and Jean drives through the night. It's a miracle we got all the directions bang on - but they were bang on. I was pleased to see fast - crazy driving in NJ. We drive a lot in the States and you guys are angels in comparison to us.

So here we go:

From the car -

101_2475.jpg

And some of these can do without my rambling -

101_2476.jpg

101_2480.jpg

101_2496.jpg

101_2499.jpg

101_2527.jpg

101_2541.jpg

101_2566.jpg

We walked over the Brooklyn Bridge one day. Even phoned Liz from there!:laughing:

101_2601.jpg

101_2639.jpg

101_2613.jpg

Lisa - the pictures are great!!!! So glad you are back exercising. So glad!

Kat - safe travels and have fun!!!

Ronda - can't wait to hear about the trip

Sorry - quick post tonight as I need to get some work done and spent way too much time at the gym chatting after my spin class and my time on the treadmill. I have a 2" stack of paper about stained glass studio qualifications to get through before I can go to sleep (don't you wish you were me? :rotfl:)

Have a great night everyone and I'll check in tomorrow.

Hey everybody! I've been a bad subscriber. I'm working at home tonight on my work computer, but I refuse to work at home tomorrow or Friday night. :)

I zipped my size 14 dress pants today. They were obscenely tight, but they zipped.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

Lisa - your pictures are stunning. Love them. Camera? Really. I need to know.

Dawn - :yay: on the loss. Did you get to the Y yesterday?

Amiee - :woohoo: for zipped pants! Gotta love the progress!

Paula - Stained glass? Interesting. <sigh.> I so miss spin classes. I so miss my old gym...:sad1:

I'm off for a trail run this morning, then work, then Nate's x-c race (scrimmage)...busy, busy, busy :laughing:

Good morning goddesses! We are headed home today. It will be a long day in the car, but we'll snuggle into our own sheets tonight. I love adventure, but nothing's sweeter than coming home.

Yesterday was shopping, the NM History Museum and driving around looking at homes and architechture. We recently got a GPS navigation system. It was really helpful while wandering around. You can see the dead ends and there are plenty in these canyons. Very cool.

Hope are are well. I am going to start packing the car.

Ronda

Morning everyone.

I did not get to the Y yesterday - no excuses.

Taking Carsyn to a follow up Doc appt. Her implant is not working currently and they are not sure why. I will go with her tonight when we get back. She loves going and loves working out. I wish I had her drive. I do better with following good food choices if I want to - she struggles there more so we balance each other if we don't end up making each other furious!

I am off the rest of the day until evening maybe. Need to work and not play on the computer! :confused:

**Thanks for the congrats on the loss but I am still up from my lowest in the past few years and so I am not happy yet. Need to be under 339 and then I will break out the happy dance.

BTW: Zipping up tight pants means not getting a crane for help! Success!!!!! Good for you!!!

Good morning my friends!

It has just occured to me that in less than 24 hours I will be leaving my house to pick up the beyonce and his parents for the airport!!!!!!!:eek:

I'm so EXCITED!

A million things to do today at work to get ready to leave, and have school this evening, so I will try and post tonight or tomorrow morning as I'm getting ready, but if I don't, I'll see you all on the 22nd! (of course I'll be posting from my blackberry during the trip but may not be able to respond too terribly much at that point.

Still kind of holding out hope that maybe this trip will produce a proposal? I don't know. Hm. Not getting my hopes up necessarily but just kind of wondering kwim? We talked about it a few weeks back and he asks me why I want it to be at WDW so bad and I told him because it would be the most special place ever and you know what he told me? "Oh, I can think of a few places that would be just as special, if not more special than Disneyworld." :scared1: What is wrong with this boy? I must have hit him in the head too many times :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Okay jk jk jk I love him I wouldn't hit.....but made me wonder. Does he really believe that or was that his way of throwing me off track....or letting me down easily. Oh who knows. Either way, I plan on having a fabulous time!!!:dance3:

:cool1:

Great job on the loss Dawn!!!!!

Kat - have fun.

Paula - isn't your birthday this week??? Hmmmm???? What day exactly sister?

Clever girl... yes, my birthday is on Saturday. The family is taking me to an Irish pub in Saratoga for dinner and then I may head out with some folks from the gym for drinks after that (not sure about that yet). They are celebrating Jesse's birthday that night (his was on Tuesday) and I have been invited to join in on the night of drinking and debauchery. Not sure I can keep up with a bunch of twenty somethings anymore. I am getting old you know. Besides - what will I wear? :rotfl:

Loving reading about everyone's progress.
Dawn - way to go on the loss!
Safe travels Ronda.
Cathie - hope you are feeling better and have a great time at WDW.
Nancy - the glass work on this project is amazing. We are only in the approval phase right now, but I'll keep you posted on what is going on.

OK - back to my scheduling meetings. Only a few more days of these...

Forgot to mention - 45 minute spinning class was excellent last night. Great music (lots of Mettalica and other heavy rock). Put a mile of walking in on the treadmill afterwards much to the surprise of Jesse and one of the other trainers who was in the spin class. They both asked WTH are you doing on this after spin. I just reminded them of the 1/2 marathon coming up and kept walking. Jesse smiled and said 'that's my girl'. Gotta love it when you make your trainer proud.

Forgot to mention - 45 minute spinning class was excellent last night. Great music (lots of Mettalica and other heavy rock). Put a mile of walking in on the treadmill afterwards much to the surprise of Jesse and one of the other trainers who was in the spin class. They both asked WTH are you doing on this after spin. I just reminded them of the 1/2 marathon coming up and kept walking. Jesse smiled and said 'that's my girl'. Gotta love it when you make your trainer proud.

PAULA!!!! OMG!!!! You are a whole different person.

Of course you should celebrate with the 20 somethings!!! Even if for just a bit.

Hey, Hey! I am in a good mood since I have been trip planning all morning! I have been up and on the computer, just haven't checked in here yet.

So, phew...this morning I booked air fare (not as easy as it sounds since J and Riley are flying one airline out of one airport and the girls and I are out of a different airport. Had to find flights that leave MCO at approx. the same time so we can all go to the airport together for the trip back, etc.); then I dealt with the rental car (a must for us) and had to change DVC a bit. I booked that last month, but we are flying in a day earlier than what I originally booked, so had to make that change.

Ok, so that is the big stuff. :lmao: Now just have to deal with ADRs and the Halloween Party and we will be all set!

Right now we are at SSR, though we are waitlisted for BLT and AKV-Kidani. I think Kidani will end up coming through (it is almost as big as OKW). But if not, we love SSR and will be plenty happy there. :goodvibes

I have done heavy cardio for 4 consecutive days, so I am take a rest day today and planning a long run for tomorrow. Of course, sadly, my long runs are back down to the 6-7 mile range. *sigh*

Ronda--can't wait for more about the trip! Pics??? Pretty please?

LISA--LOVE those pics! OMG, beautiful. Great eye, you have. Glad you got to see and do so much.

Nancy--sounds like all is well and I don't need to throw anything, so that's good! :rotfl2:

Dawn--thanks for clearing up the info. about Treyner. Hope it all works out as it should.

Paula--I knew your birthday was this week sometime (since it is just a week before Liz's). Sounds like fun plans. And OMG, when did you turn into um, Me? or Nancy? :rotfl: SO proud of you!

We are almost done with this volume of the thread! Hard to believe! I will open the next volume later today, so be on the lookout for that! :cool2:

Paula--I knew your birthday was this week sometime (since it is just a week before Liz's). Sounds like fun plans. And OMG, when did you turn into um, Me? or Nancy? :rotfl: SO proud of you!

Aw shucks... you made me blush with that compliment.

PAULA!!!! OMG!!!! You are a whole different person.

Of course you should celebrate with the 20 somethings!!! Even if for just a bit.

I know - my family is beginning to wonder what is going on with me. It is kind of funny. Don't worry though, I am still me. Just with a bit of exercise freak thrown in for good measure.

I am thinking of going on Saturday night. I haven't been out in a loooong time and my giraffe print shoes have been begging me to be worn so it may be the right exuse. Just need to figure out what the rest of the outfit will be.

um Liz - fashion guru - this is your cue to chime in here!!!!

Just checking in from work. We had a huge launch today and it is successful.

I hope everybody is doing well. I walked to the library for lunch, so I'm counting it as part of my exercise. I am so excited that I can 'see' a difference in size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!