In Room H2O products

Mzisk

Earning My Ears
i noticed last time I was at Disney they switched the h2o amenities from orange to that nasty sea scent. The scent is awful and also “manly”. Does anyone know if they have other scents available? I’m paying enough, I don’t want to also have to buy and carry soap shampoo and conditioner. Something about it also bothers my sons skin after the pool. The orange one never did and was quite pleasant.

Last week they had the Sea Marine installed in pumps and glued to the wall. I love this scent so was thrilled when they started using it instead of the orange. I'm not sure if they have it available for free, but there were other scents in the resort gift shop. I would think they might be able to give you a different scent, especially if it irritates your sons skin.

We were at SSR and Pop on our last visit a week ago- sea marine for both.
In August/ September it was the sea marine at BCV and POR.

You may have to bring your own, I’m not aware of anywhere that provides any other scent for free.

Which resort?

I've only see Sea Marine and Sea Salt products at All Star Movies and Caribbean Beach at least since November 2017ish.

Anyway, not everyone hates it. I'm a woman, I like the Sea Marine and Sea Salt scents. I like them so much that I buy them direct from the manufacturer. They have another scent, Sea Greens, that I absolutely love. The other women at work have commented how beautiful my hair looks since I switched to H20+ products. Just saying. Oh, and my skin looks so much nicer too.

I didn't mind the shampoo or conditioner, I think it was the sea salt but I hated the minty body wash. My husband loved it so much though that he ordered a bottle when we got home.

I’m pretty sure you’ll find the orange scent in the gift shop. I’d imagine you would have to just buy some, though. I would be surprised if Disney could accommodate skin allergies, although I’ve never asked. I always bring allergen free (scent-free, non-irritating) toiletries for my DD. Her skin is very reactive...she even gets scalp eczema if I use other shampoos in her hair.

For shorter trips I just use the Disney toiletries. I don’t love them, though, (especially the conditioner...I find it does the opposite of what it’s supposed to, lol. It dries out my hair and creates tangles) and bring my own for longer trips.

i noticed last time I was at Disney they switched the h2o amenities from orange to that nasty sea scent. The scent is awful and also “manly”. Does anyone know if they have other scents available? I’m paying enough, I don’t want to also have to buy and carry soap shampoo and conditioner. Something about it also bothers my sons skin after the pool. The orange one never did and was quite pleasant.

The Sea Marine is everywhere in the the resorts now. They are in the dispensers on the wall in the shower. I cannot use the sea marine scent either because I am allergic to the sea algae etc ingredients, that may be the case with your son as well. But the sea salt cake of soap is fine and hardly has anything at all in it. I use the sea salt soap, but not the sea marine body wash and shampoo/conditioners.

Your best bet is to bring things for him that you know is safe for him to use.

I miss the grapefruit bergamot. I definitely understand why men would prefer something like the Sea products (and not just men, not trying to insult anyone who likes it. It's a clean scent, and I like more floral or citrusy scents.) Anyway, the last time we were at WDW, the gift shop had full sizes of the grapefruit, and I bought some.

For shorter trips I just use the Disney toiletries. I don’t love them, though, (especially the conditioner...I find it does the opposite of what it’s supposed to, lol. It dries out my hair and creates tangles) and bring my own for longer trips.

I have found the same to be true. Useless conditioner. I always bring my own. And I prefer bar soap, Dial, over body wash. Never got used to the whole body wash thing.

I miss the grapefruit bergamot. I definitely understand why men would prefer something like the Sea products (and not just men, not trying to insult anyone who likes it. It's a clean scent, and I like more floral or citrusy scents.) Anyway, the last time we were at WDW, the gift shop had full sizes of the grapefruit, and I bought some.

I miss it too! They do sell it at ShopDisney online.

My family always brings our own shampoos and soaps. We have fine hair or curly hair that require specific hair products as well as skin sensitivities to scent. These days it’s easy enough to buy travel size bottles of your brand directly or fill your own from a bigger bottle. You can even buy small bars of soap.

I, too, love the Sea scent. However, like some have mentioned, always bring my own soap and hair products. I don’t rely on a hotel to provide toiletries that I would like. We even bring extra wash cloths in case we need them (and don’t want to wait for housekeeping to bring them up). My own blowdryer comes along as well. Oh well, so much for packing light!

Last week at CBR it was only the Sea greens (which, wow... the positive effects that conditioner had on my hair... for once I actually loved a hotel product) - but there were several travel size sets in the gift shop of other scents. Maybe a few larger bottles as well?

For those that love the H2O+ Sea Salt Body Wash in the resorts...they have reformulated it again. It is creamy, lighter scent and cooling. Bought some from their website and love it! Also, have the body butter. https://www.h2oplus.com/pages/refresh-sea-salt
I does look like the price has gone up and the size is smaller. If I remember correctly, the old body wash packaging was 12 oz with an $18 msrp. Now it's 8 oz with a $22 msrp. Ouch.

I does look like the price has gone up and the size is smaller. If I remember correctly, the old body wash packaging was 12 oz with an $18 msrp. Now it's 8 oz with a $22 msrp. Ouch.
Yikes!
They still sell the 12.2 oz sea salt body wash on Amazon for 18.00.

Yikes!
They still sell the 12.2 oz sea salt body wash on Amazon for 18.00.
FWIW...the new reformulated version is creamy, not thin and clear like the old version. Does not require as much to lather. I asked if the new one would be added to the resorts and told not at this time. If you want a nicer, cleaner product, the price is reasonable...imo. Beware of bath products on Amazon.

Heard a nice new term for this on Good Morning America this morning - shrink-flation. They mentioned smaller put-ups with the same price. The unit price was $1.50/ounce. Now it's $2.75/ounce. Wow.

The marketing says it's now "cleaner".

Anyway, "clean" is my least favorite buzzword. Hmm. Does is mean organic? Well, no. Does it mean less dirty? Not so much. Morally uncontaminated? Well I didn't know that body wash could commit sins.

According to the cosmetics industry, "clean" means it's "safe, non-toxic, and has transparent labeling of ingredients." Whelp, I didn't think that was really an issue before....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts