In Room H2O Products Now in Large Shareable Bottles?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the Value Resorts have soap dispensers in the showers year ago? There must be a reason why they did away with them. I wonder why they are bringing them back now?

I'm not a fan of them. Something about them just screams "cheap motel" to me. But then, like PPs I hoard the little bottles to take home and I use my own products at Disney.

Was at ASMo Tuesday night: individual soaps, shampoo and - are u sitting down - conditioner (not the combo shampoo condiitoner). The tiny size bottles like we've seen for years at values. But, as the housekeeper pointed out, not the mouse ear bottle tops. But same brand as before.

At BWI since yesterday: individual soaps, shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Larger size (2 ounces) of latter three than last year (at BC). "Disney Resorts H2O+ Beauty" brand.

Can you currently get more of the small bottles if you run out? If not, I think this is AWESOME. I have long hair, so one of those baby bottles of conditioner just doesn't cut it. In the past, I've had to buy the larger bottles in the souvenir shop (we go carry-on only on flights).

Yes the values at least did used to have wall mounted dispensers. And I think many of the pool showers have them as well.
I don't think this is a huge deal. But I wonder if it will last given the previous switch. If you are worried about pink eye from the dispensers then how do you not worry about all the things that never get disinfected: remotes...light switches...door handles?
Mostly, I'd like to see them standardize the toiletry offerings across property and it would be nice if they upgraded the product from H2O but very doubtful that would happen.

I don't see how this is going to be a cost-saver.

They look much smaller than the large Dasani bottles that I carry with me, just in case, when I'm having a shower.

Is this change going to happen just at value and moderates or will it be deluxe too? I have a hard time with this concept at the GF. Maybe at the value resorts I could see it, although with all the work Disney is doing lately to "upgrade" the Pop Century, I'm having trouble with it fitting there also. Like someone else pointed out, to me this also screams cheap motel. Wow.

I will also miss the individual bottles. They are my favorite souvenirs. I hoard them. LOL. Lately, though, even when we spent a few nights CL at the CR spring break, I've noticed housekeeping not giving them away so freely. Even when we have used everything in the little bottles up (easy to do when the entire family is sharing) and they are in the trash, I have to call housekeeping after they were in our room to request more shampoo. So I guess this change will at least spare me the annoyance of needing to call housekeeping every day to request more shampoo and conditioner.

That's if we even use it. I know I'm not likely to use a communal bottle. I won't do it at the gym, and I am going to say I probably won't do it at Disney either. I dislike traveling with all those little bottles, but I guess it's in my future. Either that or Amazon Prime Now is my new best friend.

Can you currently get more of the small bottles if you run out? If not, I think this is AWESOME. I have long hair, so one of those baby bottles of conditioner just doesn't cut it. In the past, I've had to buy the larger bottles in the souvenir shop (we go carry-on only on flights).

The housekeepers have always been happy to give me more of whatever I wanted when I saw one of them in the hall with their cart. I think all you have to do is ask nicely.

I love it! With myself, two teen girls, and occasionally my mother in my traveling party, the little bottles they leave aren't enough to get through one round of showers and I hate pestering Mousekeeping for more from practically the moment we check in. I'd far rather have a dispenser-type arrangement and plenty of shampoo for all of us than the cute little bottles that just end up as that much plastic trash at the end of the day.

My only hesitation is how well they'll drain/dry. I could see this becoming a "yucky" spot in the bathroom depending on how the dispensers are designed and how well they're cleaned.

"I hoard them."

That's why.

I think that has relatively little to do with it. As more people at least pay lip service to "green" values, I think this shift is likely on the cusp of catching on industry-wide, even in places where the bath products are absolutely not worth hoarding. It really is a win-win for companies and guests - companies save on packaging and waste disposal costs, guests get a setup that allows them access to the amount of product they need rather than a pre-determined amount that tends to be the same regardless of whether there is one bald man or four long-haired women staying in the room.

I like it far better than the other "green" packaging idea we've seen in some hotels, where the toiletries are packaged in Capri Sun-like pouches that claim to use less plastic and be more biodegradable than traditional bottles, but have the disadvantage of not standing upright very well and leaking all over once they're opened.

I recently stayed at a high end hotel in Boston that had that set up. I liked it because I could use as much as I wanted (I have thick hair that sucks up shampoo) and the bottles were in a convenient spot with pumps instead of shake or squeeze openings.
I was thinking while reading all the PP comments about how it was for cheap hotels that I always thought it was just the opposite. That it was something spa or boutique hotels did. Not cheap hotels. I believe these dispensers are a trendy thing now. Part of the whole refill, reuse, reduce waste and all that.

I was thinking while reading all the PP comments about how it was for cheap hotels that I always thought it was just the opposite. That it was something spa or boutique hotels did. Not cheap hotels. I believe these dispensers are a trendy thing now. Part of the whole refill, reuse, reduce waste and all that.

I agree with your point. Besides, as I noted on my previous post, if the wall-mounted bottles hold 10x the capacity of the small bottles, and one guest out of 5 leaves their room with Dasani bottles full of shower gel, shampoo and contitioners, this is going to cost Disney a lot more.

One thing am I concerned about: partner hotels around Disneyland Paris started doing that a few years ago. They market on their web site that they have free “L'Occitane” product, which is an upscale brand in Europe, I believe on par with H2O. Trouble is, they use wall dispensers BUT they dilute the products with water.

If you never bought L'Occitane products, you would never know. My wife and I love their products and already bought several, from which it was obvious the hotel was trying to make money. I really do love H2O products while I'm on WDW vacation, and I hope that the management is not going that way with their wall dispensers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter