In room gifts process

jlynch924

Mousin' Around
It seems to me that the process for buying the in-room gifts (decorations, rainforest passes, etc) by either faxing, calling or mailing in the form is a bit antiquated. Is there a good reason DCL doesn’t just make it possible to purchase online?

It seems to me that the process for buying the in-room gifts (decorations, rainforest passes, etc) by either faxing, calling or mailing in the form is a bit antiquated. Is there a good reason DCL doesn’t just make it possible to purchase online?
I doubt that anyone here can tell you DCLs reasoning for why they do anything.

Always curious about this myself. Interestingly enough Disney Cruise Line is not the only cruise line who still does this! Other cruise lines also still require you to call in or fax to order. In a totally made up guess maybe to ensure you pick the right room, guest, sail date etc. They have you confirm all that a few times. They don't want grumpy people who ordered and it's delivered to the room one week later to the wrong family? Also one reason we did experience was we bought a gift for someone on a cruise, that we were not on. We didn't have their personal information, just the sail date and their last name. No cabin number, ship name etc. The cruise line looked it all up for us while we were on the phone, didn't give US the details (for privacy), but they found the information and made sure our gift arrived. Maybe they still do it all the old fashioned way for these situations..... It would be nice to at least have the option to order stuff for your own room online though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!