In room childcare

lynnzrae

Mouseketeer
we are planning a trip for 2019 and my twins will be two and not potty trained so kids club isn’t an option if we want to an adult only night. I don’t know that I am comfortable leaving to kiddos with a stranger in my hotel room even if it is through Disney. Does anyone have any helpful advice or experiences?

Only you can decide that. We did it when our oldest was about 7 and our twins were about 4. (or maybe 8 and 5, I forget). We found her through either Sittercity or Care.com. We were cautious at first. We had her come to our offsite rental house and we sat and talked to her for a solid hour (plus the interview we did with her before even getting there) just to make sure she wasn't an ax murdered or a nut job. We felt comfortable with her and went out for a date. The kids LOVED her. Long story short, 7 years later she's a family friend and the kids still hang out with her whenever we go to WDW, even though my oldest is now 14 and the twins are almost 11. I don't even think she "babysits" anymore, she's now married, works several jobs, etc...but the kids have grown to love her and she loves them, so she's a part of every trip. She's a CM, so the kids love hearing stories and gossip from her.

Not at all saying every story works out like that, we got supremely lucky. But if you think you may be OK with the concept of having a babysitter, I'd recommend Sittercity or Care. I do recall that when we were searching, we saw a lot of late teen, early 20's young ladies who were CMs that listed on those sites as babysitters. Or if you can use the service WDW offers, then I'd be cautious but still be willing to give it a try.

I don’t think they are run by WDW, but recommended by them. I’d feel comfortable using them.

We will be there in December of this year, and we're planning to have one adult night out. I think we're going to use the Disney recommended company Kids Nite Out. It's pricey, but what isn't at WDW? We have 2 kids, so we're looking at $21/hour with a 4-hour minimum, plus gratuity for the sitter.

I just want to say that I've used Care.com before... not at WDW. But I have used it when we lived in Boston and Buffalo, NY. Anyway, I've always been able to find great options on that website. I've been able to interview online and... if you pay a little more, you can do a background check on the individual. You can also see references for the individuals online and personally, I always check references independently.

(We always have the grandparents with us at WDW for babysitting thats the only reason I haven't done while down there)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter