In room babysitting?

DisGirl819

<font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali
Has anyone ever used this? Our kids are too young for the kids club (or whatever its called) but I was thinking that a nice dinner out for the two of us would be nice. Anyone have any info on how the sitters are chosen/hired (background checks etc) and how much it costs?

Our kids will be 18 months and three when we go. Will they put the kids to sleep if we leave at dinner time? Is there a website I can go to for more information?

Has anyone ever used this? Our kids are too young for the kids club (or whatever its called) but I was thinking that a nice dinner out for the two of us would be nice. Anyone have any info on how the sitters are chosen/hired (background checks etc) and how much it costs?

Our kids will be 18 months and three when we go. Will they put the kids to sleep if we leave at dinner time? Is there a website I can go to for more information?

Good question! DW and I were just talking about how it would be nice if we could do the World Showcase in Epcot and have some adult beverages one night during our trip in May. I'll be interested to hear others opinions.

Both Fairy Godmothers and Kids Nite Out are highly recommended here. I've never used either one, but many people have and I've never heard a complaint. They both do extensive background checks.

BTW, soon someone will come along and tell you what an awful parent you are for even considering this. Ignore them :goodvibes

You are awful parent for leaving the kids in the room while you are at WDW. Don't you think they want to experience everything too??

j/k :rotfl2:

We used Kids Nite Out back in 12/08 and it worked out well. Of course the DDs (3 and 5 @ the time) pretty much crashed and slept the entire time we were out after a big day @ Epcot. :confused3

-Kevin

We used Kids Nite Out in December 2009. We LOVED them. In fact, we loved them so much, we booked them for a second night later in the trip, spur of the moment (called them that morning).

We had a 2yo, 3yo and 6yo. So the two littlest ones could not do the disney child care clubs. So the sitter came to our room at the WL- we actually had connecting rooms, so the kids had room to run around some (and bunkbeds in one room). She was on time, brought a suitcase of coloring books, barbies, books, and other toys and games. My niece was in love with her sitter. Since it was during dinner time, we let her order room service for the kids (and herself and bill it back to our room). WE told her to leave a tip too (left her some cash for that).

We all (11 adults!) headed out to dinner at Shula's (amazing) and then drank around the world at Epcot. We were gone from about 4pm-10pm.

We could not have been more pleased.

Later in the trip, we had an ADR for Le Cellier and just decided it would be easier to do it without the kids. We called that am and were able to book another sitter last minute. They loved it. I highly recommend them.

we did not let her leave the room with the kids, although I think that is an option depending on what you want. Since it was one adult with 3 kids, we were not comfortable with that. She put the kids to bed, fed them and all that for us.

Thank you for the replies so far! We get a date night once a month if we're lucky. DH is army so we're not close to free family babysitters and it costs us about $60 just for the sitter! Hopefully the kids will just be asleep anyway. I'd love to go out with just DH in WDW again.

:thumbsup2 We use Kid's Nite Out. Link HERE

We've been using them for four years now without any incidents. I don't plan a trip to WDW now without one night childless. It is OUR vacation too afterall. :banana: We used them TWICE during our stay this past December. We liked our sitter so much the first night, we booked the same sitter for later in our trip. We do let them take the kids out of the room to get dinner and play in the arcade. They are NOT allowed to take them to the pool or give them baths (no water activity). The kids have always been asleep when we get back to the room. This beats putting them in a Disney Kid Club and having to carry a sleeping child back to the room. ;) Plus, we have three children. So, KNO is cheaper for us too.

:tinker: Jennifer

We used Fairy Godmothers and were very happy with our choice. The women who answered the phone was a bit gruff but the sitter was fabulous. See seemed quite disappointed when they were going to be in bed when we left. She had toys etc for them to play with. The baby was in the habit of being fed back to sleep, so I said if he woke up just to entertain him, he did wake just before we got home, I found Vivienne cuddling him singing him songs.

We paid about $90 including the tip, she came to us at Windsor Hills.

We had a lovely evening at Californian Grill well worth it.

We certainly wouldn't hesitate to use either this service or Kids Nite Out again and are currently thinking about where we would like to go on our upcoming trip.

Kirsten

Is Fairy Godmothers something different than Kids Night Out? I was assuming they were the same thing...

This really isn't a theme parks planning issue, so I've moved this thread to the Disney for Families board. :)

We used Fairy Godmothers several times. Loved their service. Agree that the woman on the phone can be a bit gruff.

They don't have a website as they are a small family owned company. Kids Nite Out does, though.

We used Fairy Godmothers and were very happy with our choice. The women who answered the phone was a bit gruff but the sitter was fabulous. See seemed quite disappointed when they were going to be in bed when we left. She had toys etc for them to play with. The baby was in the habit of being fed back to sleep, so I said if he woke up just to entertain him, he did wake just before we got home, I found Vivienne cuddling him singing him songs.

We paid about $90 including the tip, she came to us at Windsor Hills.

Kirsten

Does anyone out there know if Kids Nite Out will come to a condo resort like Windsor Hills? We used them for a night during our last trip (and they were great!) but we stayed at POR. In fact, we didn't even leave the resort for the date night; carriage ride and dinner at Boatwright's. But we're staying at Windsor Hills next time, and we're even thinking about going offsite for our date (but still no more than 10 miles away.) Assuming they will come to a condo, do they have any restrictions on how far away the parents can be? I didn't see this addressed on their website.

Does anyone out there know if Kids Nite Out will come to a condo resort like Windsor Hills? We used them for a night during our last trip (and they were great!) but we stayed at POR. In fact, we didn't even leave the resort for the date night; carriage ride and dinner at Boatwright's. But we're staying at Windsor Hills next time, and we're even thinking about going offsite for our date (but still no more than 10 miles away.) Assuming they will come to a condo, do they have any restrictions on how far away the parents can be? I didn't see this addressed on their website.

Never mind. DW said that exploring World Showcase without the kids (who quickly got bored with it last time) would make for a nicer date night, so we'll be on Disney property. KNO said they do sitting at Windsor Hills, so we went ahead and booked. We're good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter