• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Memory Of The Columbine Victims

Wow, it feels like that was just yesterday. I can’t believe it’s been 25 years. So sad. :sad1:

I absolutely remember that day as I was on business travel in the Puget Sound area. Having my breakfast in a Holiday Inn Express when that came on. It was shocking but who knew it'd become a "thing."

Rachel Scott's family (her father, for the most part) developed a school program called "Rachel's Challenge". It is designed to address the alienation some students feel, and while it is a bit on the religious side (she was very religious) when we had the program come to our school, it didn't cause any issues. It's been a few years since we've had them come speak, but we still have some of the program stuff in our curriculum.

Sad to see that we had a young man in Maryland who was planning a school shooting in one of our high schools and also an elementary school in Montgomery County on the anniversary of Columbine. Thank goodness someone found some of his written plans and contacted police.

Sad to see that we had a young man in Maryland who was planning a school shooting in one of our high schools and also an elementary school in Montgomery County on the anniversary of Columbine. Thank goodness someone found some of his written plans and contacted police.
I saw that last night. Is he claiming that he was just writing a story or something?

I absolutely remember that day as I was on business travel in the Puget Sound area. Having my breakfast in a Holiday Inn Express when that came on. It was shocking but who knew it'd become a "thing."
I was in Disney World, at a bus stop at OKW.

The interesting thing to me is that everyone looks back on columbine as the beginning of the mass school shootings. But I remember that day so clearly, I remember my employer coming in and saying ugh, there’s been another school shooting. They were already fairly common back then. The thing that made that particular school shooting stand out was the much larger number of casualties. That alone caused it to be viewed much differently. I do remember being completely shocked that so many had been killed.

The interesting thing to me is that everyone looks back on columbine as the beginning of the mass school shootings. But I remember that day so clearly, I remember my employer coming in and saying ugh, there’s been another school shooting. They were already fairly common back then. The thing that made that particular school shooting stand out was the much larger number of casualties. That alone caused it to be viewed much differently. I do remember being completely shocked that so many had been killed.
Yes, true but it was the "BIG" one that made national news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter