In a eastern fantasy turned western. Completed 10-17-19 Straight on till morning

438075Look close hidden Mickey

We were the first ones to arrive and check in. I like being on time. DH went to grab one of the coolers he thought they were included! Anyways I’m glad we were first because there were 2 groups going and we got to be the first. The Fury was a very nice and well maintained catamaran. The crew super friendly only 1 spoke English fluently the others had a tad. They take your families picture when boarding, under water at the snorkel site, and then on the beach. My tip is if you do this excursion get your photo taken all 3 times! The catamaran is 2 levels we sat below for now to be shaded. The guy steering was using his feet DH thought that was funny. We went about 10 minutes from the port to the snorkel site. There were 35 people on the boat and it looked like the girls were the youngest ones. It was mostly adults only or tweens. DH and I brought our own gear myself I have snorkeled/dived some pretty amazing sites Belize being one of them. I knew just based on where we were that this was not going to be an amazing coral experience. In fact it was most sea fans and few pieces of brain coral. The girls thought it was cool that the catamaran let down stairs into the water but they just jumped in real quick to cool off and asked if there were fish in here. They stayed on the steps with DH and on the upper deck and were content. I liked that several of the crew got in the water to make sure everyone was safe. I then came back and he went in. In total I think we were here only 30 minutes. Once everyone was back on board they opened up the bar. Beverages were included they had margaritas, soda, water (they made a big deal saying that it was safe to drink), and draft beer of Dos Equis. DH was super happy about the beer.

I was just so happy to be back in the ocean after 10 years that there could have been nothing and I would have thought it was great. After a quick sail to the beach the catamaran beached itself and we walked out the stairs right into the ocean and onto the beach operate by The Fury this impressed the 7 year olds. One thing I was worried about with doing an excursion was feeling herded and crowded. The beach area was huge and there were not that many people on the boat and I did not feel herded. We had about 2 hours here. They had lots of beach chairs but there were no umbrellas and no shade on the beach. DH went up to the bar for a bit where drinks were included still and they had food he said it was 11$ for a hamburger or hotdog. We did not eat anything but the snacks I got from the ship. DH hung out for a bit in hammock and then came back to us on the beach. The 2 best things about it here were they had life jackets for kids in 3 different sizes (included) and they had life guards in kayaks out past the slides ensuring safety. Also I witnessed the life guards being extremely kind to an elderly woman who was disoriented and had lost her family. They got her a chair under the 1 umbrella they had and found her family.
Also included were float mats to relax on. Also to note the water got deep here quickly.
We all really enjoyed our time here. They called us back to the ship make sure you watch your time and are on the beach when they call your catamaran (there were a total of 4 catamarans that all got to this private beach at different times) otherwise you might not hear it. Oh and DH said they had nice bathrooms on the beach by the bar the girls and I used the one on the boat and it was also nice and clean. On the way back, up on the top deck they had dancing to the chicken dance, cotton eyed joe, and the Macarena. Two of the crew members took our towels and folded them into Princess Leia’s buns it was adorable and they wore them on their heads all the way back to the ship! As we were on our way back they waked around with the pictures they took they were 12$ for all the pictures they took of your family. Since we just had 1 that's all we got should have stopped and had one take on the beach too. The photo was a nice quality 5x7 print in a nice folder. I thought this was a great excursion and finally DH was having fun! We did not dock until 5 all aboard was not until 6:30 but we had dinner. We stopped in Ron Johns Surf shop just to say we did. We facetimed my dad real quick and told him we had a great time he was relieved! We then got right back aboard the ship because it was pirate night!

We had until 12:45 when our excursion Fury Catamaran Sail Snorkel and Beach Party (CZ12) started.

We've been on that excursion a couple of times and really enjoy it. The snorkeling isn't great, but the big inflatables on the beach are really fun for the kids (and dad). We would have done it on this cruise as well, except we didn't want the afternoon start time. We have tried to do similar excursions at other ports, but none were as good as Fury Catamaran for their boat, plus beach time, plus a good crew. Once people can go to the top deck, it really gives everyone good room to spread out and relax. Plus, you can be in the sun or the shade, and the breeze on the top deck keeps it from getting too hot.

We've been on that excursion a couple of times and really enjoy it. The snorkeling isn't great, but the big inflatables on the beach are really fun for the kids (and dad). We would have done it on this cruise as well, except we didn't want the afternoon start time. We have tried to do similar excursions at other ports, but none were as good as Fury Catamaran for their boat, plus beach time, plus a good crew. Once people can go to the top deck, it really gives everyone good room to spread out and relax. Plus, you can be in the sun or the shade, and the breeze on the top deck keeps it from getting too hot.
Beggars couldn't be choosers at this point and even though I thought the afternoon would be rough it really worked out this time. The crew was amazing and so was the beach!

Pirate Night
Just a reminder we are newbies so this is written from that prospective. So we got back on board and rushed to get ready for pirate night we did a quick rinse. I also noticed a letter from DCL about being careful on the verandah tonight because of the fireworks. I was so happy the buffs matched the girls red Minnie and Mickey pirate dresses I purchased before at Disneystore.com. Dh and I just had t-shirts that it. During my research this was the night I was most worried about in the dining room. We had talked the night before about if we were going to try and reschedule our PALO reservation and we decided against it. I think we made the right decisions being newbies we got to experience every night and if we are ever on the Fantasy again I know which night we will go stay tuned to find out.
Pirate night was in Enchanted Garden we also found out tonight we would also be here tomorrow as well. So instead of Animators being or 3t times restaurant Enchanted Garden would be because of the switch. We were all super happy about this!
So pretty
We were starving but I’m pretty sure the corn bread would have been good regardless. Raymond had to do a refill for us. The girls did not get a starter tonight.
DH Got the crab cake and I got the samosa. When I first saw the samosa I was a little worried but oh man it was packed full of flavor and steaming hot.

For dinner DH had the cilantro marinated Caribbean grouper on Suartana's recommendation.
He said it was the best fish dish he has had in a long time apologies for the one bite taken out of it. It was cooked perfectly.
I ordered the famous Jack’s Sea treasure pasta and I ordered the girls one and told Suartana to just bring an extra plate and I would split it. We all loved this, my only fault in this dish was it needed MORE scallops they were so good! The girls also ate all my shrimp.

When it came time to order dessert I had to laugh Suartana knew my love for chocolate and he begged me not to order the chocolate rum cake he goes you think it’s going to be good but don’t do it. He said the Macadamia Cheesecake or Bananas in Paradise were very good. I’m not a fan of cooked or fake Banana tasting things so DH and I both went with the cheesecake. I knew I would not be able to eat 2 deserts tonight. The girls both got dishes of ice cream. That cheesecake was AMAZING get and thank me later it was creamy, sweet, and a tad crunchy all wonderful things in a dessert. Order it thank me later! Not sure what all the hate is for this night we all loved it!

Photo Credit Raymond!
We then headed up to do the Mickey’s Pirates in the Caribbean party. We had a great time at this. The girls LOVED it and are still talking about how Captain Hook took over the ship and tied up all the officers and Mickey saved them all. We then danced with all the characters. This was one of my fondest memories of the trip. I thought it was really windy and a tad chilly on deck. We decided to go back to the room and chill for a bit the girls looked exhausted and we were turning the clocks forward again.
Getting ready for the 11:00 buffet in cabanas Deinz told us at dinner they were going to have tacos, fruit, desserts, and crepes. We ran into Carles outside our room he was just finishing and I’m so glad we did! He asked if we were going to go back up to the show I said I was not sure as the girls were tired. He goes oh mommy you get them ready for bed and you will have an excellent view from you verandah and no crowd. I said really its ok if we go out he said yes so we decided to take him up on it. DH got girls ready for bed while I went and had a little date with Captain Jack (DH knew). I got back showered myself the girls had wanted to watch Peter Pan and DH was the only one now watching. The 2 of us watched the fireworks from our verandah they were shot off the port size. We had an AMAZING view and could hear all the music it was truly magical but I will admit I was a little scared it was dark and we were going what I thought was fast over the ocean. This was truly a wonderful experience but I felt so bad the girls were sleeping and missed this. All and all it was a really great day!
PS this cruising thing I think might be addictive I had to step away from the computer almost booked another one for this summer!

Last edited:
Love reading your report! We are booked for our first cruise for this Spring and it’s making me excited. Thank you also for reports of meals and desserts that you enjoyed.

Love reading your report! We are booked for our first cruise for this Spring and it’s making me excited. Thank you also for reports of meals and desserts that you enjoyed.
Oh good I hope it helps! You will have a wonderful time the Fantasy is awesome!

Day 6 at sea the trifecta characters, food, and relaxation
Sorry for the delay life has been super busy and we have been wishing we are on vacation again! I’d love to do Alaska this coming summer but can’t really justify the cost. I’m thinking the best strategy for Alaska is to book opening day. Okay back to the report

We were tired! I woke up new time at 8:15 to everyone snoring around me! Given that we are new cruisers I was the last to book. The only activities I was able to grab were a PALO dinner (see previous days what happened there), the character breakfast, spa, and princess M&G for this morning only time available 9:15am. This time was not so bad before but with the itinerary switch and time change this kind of stunk. Also I will say before the cruise I was really worried and hung up on the fact that we did not get some activities but it all worked out for the best! We did frozen in EPCOT before the cruise and DH kind of wished we had done one of the tasting but we did not try to get anything else once onboard. I ran up to the cove and got our coffees and treats. When I got back to the room everyone was still sleeping! I enjoyed my coffee art. I also got Minnie during the week.
I woke everyone up at 9 and hurried everyone to get dressed and teeth brushed.
The ship was empty I mean a ghost ship we were the only ones for the M&G. I loved that all the princesses on the ship were the same all week and they remembered the girls names! We then went up to deck 5 and were first to meet Hook and Smee as we missed them on pirate night. We had NO WAIT for either of these.
I noticed the Vista Café here they have the same treats as the Cove and looked like coffee too never tried it. If it was the same from deck 6 would be a shorter walk. After this M&G we were really close to a meltdown of the hangry kind. DH had seen Enchanted Garden was offering breakfast and wanted to try it. They were offering a buffet and. The flow was nice and it was standard breakfast offerings. The food was good and hot and it was not crazy busy or very loud. The girls then wanted to go to the club! We wanted them to decide what they wanted to do and not force them but they were excited. We dropped them off and went for a walk around deck 4, I sat on the balcony and read (I was going to do Bingo but could not justify the cost), and DH hung out at the cove pool. I went up and joined him and we walked up all the way up to the front of the ship. This was fun but really windy!!! We then went and grabbed lunch and because the girls were not with us I felt not guilt not getting fruit and got a big plate of fries. We brought it up to Currents sat at the bar and ate. While we were eating the horn went off and played do you want to build a snowman and when you wish upon a star. Even DH was impressed by this it was awesome! We picked up the girls around 12:30 and they had so much fun! They participated in anyone can cook and made chocolate chip cookies. They both wanted burgers for lunch and we fed them and then went to the atrium for the character dance party. This was fun but loud and a bit crazy! I don’t know how they do it but those characters can move! This is a great activity for ages 2-8. My girls at 7 thought this was awesome.

Dancer Finale
We then got in line 15 minutes before Fancy Nancy came out this was on the top of our families list and we did not want to wait long in line. We were first and Nancy sure was fancy 2 happy little girls. We then used the same strategy for Buzz and were second for him. My DH read somewhere to say Buzz Andy is coming and he dropped to the ground. Yup my husband the big kid everyone laughed so hard! The girls no had to go back to the club as we had a couples massage coming up. They were happy to do so. Minnie was in there dancing when we dropped them off. DH and I hung out on the verandah for a bit and then headed up to the spa.

The locker rooms were nice as are the robes. They have lockers that you pick a digital combo for. We then waited in the relaxation room which was nice and DH had to fill out the questionnaire mine was done from my pedicure. I had to check the app every day for a month to get this appointment and it was going to end about 30 minutes before dinner so not ideal but I did not want to do one at 8pm which was the other option. Our therapists were nice and talked DH into the hot stones and I thought why not (this was an upcharge). Our last couples massage was our honeymoon 10 years ago and I’ve never had a hot stone and let me just say one word AMAZING. Also on a side not the room was very nice as was the view. At the end they brought in water and then asked about us soaking and salts and I said politely we were not interested and that stopped and they were very nice and said have a wonderful rest of the cruise. This was a very nice and special for DH and I. We went back to the room and freshened up super-fast and headed to pick up the girls for dinner. They had a great time at the club (Mickey and Minnie made an appearance), said they were hungry, and that there friend Jessica invited them to a pj party with Pluto and that they were going to leave dinner early ok. We washed hands in these fun things and headed to Enchanted Garden.

Last edited:
We did an Alaskan cruise when my dd was 6 yrs old. She spent 30 seconds looking at the glaciers and wanted to go back to the kids club, lol!! It really is a great cruise. The earlier in the season(late May/earlier June) is the cheapest. We went second week of June and had terrific weather. You're correct about booking on opening day, plus you'll be able to get the dinner time and better choice of stateroom when you book right away. Caribbean and Bahama cruises you can wait on, but Alaska is such a short season. Hope your girls enjoyed the pj party. My dd has been to several of them and always has fun. Sometimes the Fantasy will have them twice on a cruise. Looking forward to reading more.

Spoiler alert I think this was my favorite dinner tonight! We let Suartana know the girls would be leaving at 6:45 to go to the club. He came out with salads for them as starts DH also ordered a salad with crumbly blue cheese and Italian dressing and said it was awesome. I got the garlic and parsley shrimp on jambalaya rice. The girls told me the shrimp was excellent and I ate the rice which was yummy and great spices.:rotfl2:
Finally on the kids menu was steak and shrimp the girls were very happy! Nothing was calling to DH Suartana suggested the turkey but he ordered Grilled Fillet of Turbot it was served with mashed potatoes and he ate it all.
I got the grilled New York Strip and it was cooked for perfection and delicious!!!
The potatoes were also really good. The girls had ice cream again and Raymond brought them over an origami folded rose for each of them so very sweet. Then I walked them over to the entrance where Jessica took them up to the kids club. DH and I got to have desert alone. I order 2 the strawberry tower (I was warned) Crème Brule cheesecake. DH got the white chocolate bread pudding.
Looks pretty but the strawberry tower was the weirdest thing I’ve ever had. The texture was weird I did not get a strawberry taste until the center there was a clump of strawberry jelly substance. I felt bad I ate less than half and Suratana laughed. Now the crème brulee cheesecake yummy!!! I ate it all.
Bread pudding DH said perfection.
DH and I headed and got some photos of just us. Oh back track to earlier in the day I stopped by shutters to see if I could upgrade my 20 digital pre-purchased package and get the discount still they said no. I decided to just keep what we had and paid for 2 extra pictures and I was happy with this. He also let me drop off the form I filled out for a place holder!!!!!!!!!!! FYI on Saturday morning when I checked they had run through the payment and sent me email confirmation.

We picked up the girls and they had the best time at the pj party even though they said they weren’t in pjs. The got the cutest pillow cases that they colored. I’ve washed them 2x and they have held up nicely. We quick changed and ran up to the aqua duck DH was lagging behind for some reason. The girls rode once and went up to go again I chatted with life guard and DH showed up and we were going to ride and he said it was being shut down. What! Are the girls ok he said yes and they were the last ones down! I felt bad for DH but all he really cared about was the girls having fun. We saw lightening in the distance. We went back to the room and all got ready for bed. The girls watched a movie and DH and I watch the lightening and ships in the distance so cool! We even passed the Dream!

We did an Alaskan cruise when my dd was 6 yrs old. She spent 30 seconds looking at the glaciers and wanted to go back to the kids club, lol!! It really is a great cruise. The earlier in the season(late May/earlier June) is the cheapest. We went second week of June and had terrific weather. You're correct about booking on opening day, plus you'll be able to get the dinner time and better choice of stateroom when you book right away. Caribbean and Bahama cruises you can wait on, but Alaska is such a short season. Hope your girls enjoyed the pj party. My dd has been to several of them and always has fun. Sometimes the Fantasy will have them twice on a cruise. Looking forward to reading more.
I wish we could go in June but it will have to be the last 2 weeks in August the prices drop then too. I see there is a week in August this year that the price is lower than the rest and there is a lot of cabins available but I think we will wait till August 2021 and the girls will be turning 9. They snuggled their pillow cases every night from the party they loved it! I think they just had it the one time. I'm glad it was at 7:15 and not super late!

Your girls will probably appreciate Alaskan more at 9 yrs old. Dh and I both thought our dd was too young at 6 to really appreciate it. We went with extended family to celebrate my ILs 50th wedding anniversary. I'd love to go back now that our dd is older, she was too young to do a lot of the excursions, many are for 8 yrs and older if I remember correctly. I haven't read any reports of anyone who liked that strawberry tower. Makes me wonder why they keep items on the menu when no one likes them. I also want to try it to see how bad it is,lol!. Having some kind of jelly stuff in the middle seems so weird!

I feel like I am the only person who liked the strawberry tower. I got two on my fantasy sailing. I am allergic to chocolate though so my desert options are already limited lol. Also, our server was kind enough to tell me his little secret. he brought me coffee first and said to wait a few minutes for the desert to warm up a little bit as it is a desert in a mold, it comes out of the refrigerator. I waited about 5 - 7 minutes and the texture was perfect. It was like eating a ultra soft marshmellow! Just something to try.

Also night 6 Carles peacock was much appreciated!

Another thing I noticed in our room as I began to pick and pack up on this night was a DCL cooler! I asked DH and he goes funny story he went to get a bucket of beer for tonight and tomorrow (it’s cheaper) and they were all out of buckets and put it in the cooler. He goes I’ll run up and put it in our room and bring it back down the CM said don’t worry about it it’s some pixie dust for you. He was super happy! This came in handy on Castaway day we packed water and beer in it and it stayed cold.
Last Day Castaway Cay
DH was finally feeling better and was up before the sun. He went up to the adults only area on deck 12 and these are his pictures

DH favorite drink gin and passion fruit juice. Some people complain about the view on the port side of the ship but I thought it was just as beautiful. I stopped at the cove for coffee and said goodbye to Jesse as I knew tomorrow morning I would not have time to stop. We ate a quick breakfast on our balcony enjoying the beauty and headed off the ship at 8:30. We walked off no wait! I’m not going to lie I was really worried that we were not going to be able to dock because I wanted to go here so bad to see what all the hype is about. I could not imagine why people think this place is so amazing I have been to some pretty amazing places around the world and let me tell you it lives up to its reputation! We hopped on the tram I highly recommend this it is a long walk. We had filled out the 2 postcards that were in the desk drawer in our cabin but the post office was closed I told the girls it was still early and crossed my fingers.

We got off the second tram stop. We grabbed beach chairs on the peninsula in between pelican plunge and the snorkel trail by heads up. Random not sure why we did this but it worked out I guess. First thing on our list was Pelican plunge we all swam out they made the girls wear a life jacket as they were under the age I can’t remember but I think under age 9 has to wear one. One of the many things I loved about the island was the theming everywhere. We had to wait maybe 10 minutes to ride down. We talked to some really nice folks from FL who raved about DCL and asked how our first time was. I must say 99% of the other passengers were so awesome very friendly and just genuinely nice. I would say better than our park experiences.
Seriously so beautiful it was worth it to get off the ship early we did 2 runs down the slides before it got busy. This was on our must do things.

DH took the girls to swim right here and it was not busy. I went and grabbed a snorkel life vest only as I had my own equipment and headed out. I left the camera with DH and was so bummed I swam with a turtle! It was amazing I watched it for a while and even saw it surface. I wonder how much Disney pays them? Another noteworthy fish here was a barracuda. I really enjoyed this time swimming and snorkeling. The trail is long but there were neat things to see but no big coral formations or really colorful fish. I then returned my vest and headed over to the family DH had dragged a chair into the water and this was lovely.

This part of the beach never felt crowded to me. Although interesting I thought the water temperature was cooler over by pelican plunge. We decided to take a bit of a walk and check out the island. We stopped and got rum punches they were awesome but it killed the theme a bit to serve it in a coffee cup. We checked out spring a leak and the girls both thought it was lame. By now it was 11:20 and we walked to check out cookies too we were all starving! I said to the girls we would get a seat in the pavilion and wait for them to open. A CM heard this and said on no we need to feed those princesses now! She walked up over and we got our food. I felt bad about being first. I thought the buffet was nice. DH got some of the salads, ribs, Mahi Mahi, and the lemon chicken for us to share. DD1 got a hot dog and DD2 got a burger. The girls love corn on the cob and we have access at home to some really good fresh corn and this was not good at all. The Mahi Mahi and chicken were very good the ribs DH said were ok. Also the other notables were those chocolate chip cookies and pineapple muffins OH MY WORD get these both!!! The girls were like mommy these should have been the cookies by the pool. We also indulged in some ice cream. I loved sitting under the pavilion and looking at all the details and signs. We really enjoyed lunch and had no complaints.

Cookies too was getting really busy and we were done and the girls were ready for the water slides again. We went and did them and once again the wait was not bad so I would say go first thing and at peak lunch time. The girls then wanted to dig in the sand some more. It was much busier now on this part of the beach. One thing we did was get shutters pictures done of us in the water and they are my favorite of the entire trip. We decided to head back to the ship. Brilliant Disney to have towel returns by the tram. We also did some souvenir shopping at She Shells Seashells too. FYI you get charged tax here and they do not honor the Disney visa discount but hey I wanted my Olaf castaway magnets. We took the tram back and the post office was open!!!!!!!! We mailed our 2 postcards (1.38 US must have cash)still waiting for them they can take anywhere from 3-6 months. We walked back on the ship around 2:30 and met Captain Marco also coming back on. The other crew saluted him and we had a lovely conversation with him and the girls got their picture with him. He was awesome and we really appreciated him taking the time out to do this and for keeping us safe this voyage. Thank you Captain Marco! We all ran up and rode the aqua duck with walk on for an hour. Oh I also may have gotten a big ole plate of fries! Last ones :(. DH goes this was the best day ever! Great time to enjoy the pool deck.

A couple of thoughts on Castaway from a first timer. I'm glad I did not plan anything here (plus parasailing was cancelled due to winds). I thought by not getting floats or tubes the girls would be upset but they didn't even notice. They loved digging in the sand and I'm glad I had brought with us buckets, toys, and goggles. At first I was upset about not doing any characters on the island but then I look at our pictures of us in the water and then on the point by heads up and am glad we did those instead. We loved it here it was so beautiful and just the perfect beach day.

After our time at the pool we went back to the room and cleaned up, brought the kids bands back to the club they gave me a receipt of return, and I finished packing 😭. We all sat on the verandah and watched up sail away. If you are on the port side the CMs that stay on the island wave to you with the Mickey glove hand on very cute.

That's it for now I need to get little girls to bed and do a million of those other night time activities when I'd rather be reminiscing! I will wrap it up hopefully tomorrow.

We have one of the drink coolers also. We use it all the time in the summer. Glad you all enjoyed CC. Yea, the cookies by the pool aren't very good. Did you all get room service cookies? They are really big and really good. I don't know why they have such bad ones on the pool deck/Cabanas. I've been to CC 5 times and have never seen a turtle, what a great experience for you. I would have FREAKED out big time if I saw the barracuda! I've seen it on YouTube videos and hope I never see it in real life. I've enjoyed your trip report, sad to see it's coming to an end.

We have one of the drink coolers also. We use it all the time in the summer. Glad you all enjoyed CC. Yea, the cookies by the pool aren't very good. Did you all get room service cookies? They are really big and really good. I don't know why they have such bad ones on the pool deck/Cabanas. I've been to CC 5 times and have never seen a turtle, what a great experience for you. I would have FREAKED out big time if I saw the barracuda! I've seen it on YouTube videos and hope I never see it in real life. I've enjoyed your trip report, sad to see it's coming to an end.
Thank you! We never did get the room services cookies it was one of a few things on our list that we did not get to. We were so full in the evening time and were rarely in our room during the day. The turtle made my entire trip it was awesome the barracuda did not bother me to much but I did call it good after that. Once I'm done with the report I'm going to start working on photo albums for the girls for Christmas I'm trying to stretch it out!

After watching us sail away from paradise we went and selected our pictures from the pre-paid package. I liked the kiosks they were easy to use but I was not impressed with shutters. Here is a tip on formal night if you are not interested in all the borders they put go with the white backdrop or in front of Cinderella’s mural. I was also annoyed at the times you can pick up you thumb drive either 10:30pm or 7:00am. I did not need to go to guest services at all and had settled everything on our last sea day I highly suggest doing this as the line was really long all evening. We headed to our last dinner at Royal Court for the prince and princess themed. Nothing was calling to me tonight. I did not get an app unless you count my pool deck French fries and I got the lighter note strip steak thinking I could repeat my last night’s dinner. Big mistake it was terrible. Raymond noticed I barely ate and asked if he could bring me something else. DH everything was calling to him lol. He got oysters Rockefeller and said they were wonderful. For a main course he got lobster and the venison both he said were terribly over cooked. He said he didn’t even thing it was venison. The lobster was bad as he didn’t even finish it.

The girls were happy they got chicken noodle soup said it was good I’m pretty sure it was from a can but whatever pasta, green apples, and veggies. Dinner followed by the last MICKEY bars for dessert. They were a little upset because they wanted to go to the club when they came around for dine and play but I had given back their bands.
For dessert I got 2 the chocolate lava cake Suartana brought without giving me a choice. Oh so yummy I dream of this right up there with the soufflé.
I ate every bite of this. I also got the raspberry crème Brule and it was not very fresh like it had been sitting in the fridge for a couple of days to bad because it had potential. Overall this was our least favorite meal but your bound to get a bad one every vacation. Given the option I would skip this dinner for PALO.
DH apple pie said it was ok not as good as mine. He’s a keeper

Raymond did 1 last magic trick and told us he wants to see the girls again when they are bigger. Suartana even gave us hugs goodbye. I had the girls draw pictures and write thank you on their tip envelops they were touched by this. I had pre-paid gratuities and I added 25.00 dollars to Raymond and Suartana and 15 to the head. We had also left our envelop for Carles same thing with 25.00 in cash.

After dinner we went for a walk the girls wanted to go to the stores again. DH stopped at Bon Voyage while we were there. FYI watch out for Vilda he will talk you into an up charged drink my husband loved him. A could told him they did a mixology with hum and he was awesome and funny. A

Here is another piece of advice DO NOT got to the stores the last night! The girls wanted these dolls that were in a nursery blanket they are cute and they had a gift card we are the prod owners of a Bolt and Marie. They also saw a shirt with Grumpy on it and wanted to get it for daddy with the rest of their money so sweet. It was a bargain to 24.00. The womens shirts were so expensive and I opted for a pair of really cute crystal mickey and Minnie earrings they were cheaper than the shirt I liked. As we were checking out DD2 goes mommy look it’s my fairy godmother what is she doing working in the store. Disney magic she goes oh princess we help wherever we are needed!

We walked around as a family for a bit around the pool which was empty. I also grabbed some bags of chips for snacks on the way home. When we got back to the room they had left all our airline information in a nice envelope. Our printed tickets were in here and our luggage fees had been charged to the room. All the disembarking information was in here. We put our suitcases in the hallway. This service is AMAZING and I highly recommend it. Our flight was leaving at 12:10pm and I knew I wanted to be the first off the ship especially with Dorian.
On a side note I had brought a bunch of ziplock sandwich bags and put all out chocolates in these and brought them home. We are still enjoying these special treats. We watched a movie and the girls fell asleep. I was restless tonight and there were some serious vibrations. So much that DH phone fell off the night stand. I got up close to 4am and looked out and we were still moving pretty quickly.

Disembarkation
I got up really early and was at Cabanas at 6:25 with 1 other woman. This was the only cranky CM I encountered he said you are earlier you need to wait. Sure no problem I understand. I got 2 plates. Saddest breakfast ever that bacon was so crispy!
I ran down and got in line just before 7 for our photos annoying they were late. I went back to the room and Carles had stopped by and said goodbye very nice. In case anyone care about the soap dispensers Carles filled them every. Single. Day. Wow I think that is a lot of work. We walked off at 7:35 I dropped the comment card in the box on the way off. We breezed through customs no wait. All he asked was awe you girls just had a birthday was it fun on the cruise. We were on a bus and driving by 7:50 and arrived at the airport at 8:30. The airport was a zoo and it took us an hour and half to make it through security no lie there was a guy who had about 100 rolls of change that they were inspecting! We made it and no delays! They were offering people 800$ visa gift card to switch flights but we wanted to just get home and 5 short hours later we were sad it was over.
Reflections

This was a wonderful first big family vacation. I think the age of our family we are in the DCL sweet spot. I hate to compare this to our honeymoon cruise on Royal Caribbean since that was 10 years ago but DCL blew them out of the water in terms of service, food, and cabin layout/cleanliness. I thought the Fantasy was truly a beautiful ship. Going into this we had a list of must dos for our family and knew we could not do everything. We got to do almost everything we had on our list except for playing trivia and PALO (out of our control) and we met all the characters we wanted to. Our biggest highlights were Castaway, meeting Peter Pan, Olaf, Tinkerbelle, and Belle, hot stone massages, and Pluto’s pj party. It was a really good week even with the few hiccups. For us paying the Disney premium was worth it and we were amazed to talk with so many other people who are way more traveled than we are who have tried lots of different lines and come back to DCL. We plan on using our placeholder in 2021 and are currently trying to decide what to do this summer! Thanks for reading and I hope this helps others! Happy sailing straight on until morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter