Impromtu MK Day, with New AP, Best DH ever!!!

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
DH and I have been planning on getting our AP's as we just moved back from GA. The plan was to wait till next week, so we could go for New Years. But Saturday morning, he said, lets go over to DTD and get our Passes..pixiedust::yay::yay: What!!! I was up and ready in no time...

But he had a few big surprises for me.. pixiedust::thumbsup2:yay:pixiedust: but more on that in a bit :goodvibes

So here's a one day trip report.

So up and out of the house, we did stop for an early lunch at Bubbaloos BBQ, it on Conroy and Kirkman - its really good BBQ, - I had the sliced pork sandwich basket, with sweet potato tots, and coleslaw, DH had Brisket basket, Fries and beans, Everything was melt in your good, this is one of our fav's for the weekend.

Then we headed for DTD, WOW is all I can say - We were there the weekend before Thanksgiving, and it was under construction but nothing like this. Entering from Hotel blvd. There is no longer any parking lot from Market place all the way to Planet Hollywood, We did park in the new Garage, and its really nice, and I will say that I drive a big SUV, and we could park with ease, the spaces seemed good size. Please be careful when in the garage there are people everywhere, and pedestrian as well as drivers, need to pay attention to what they are doing instead of the phone. We were lucky enough to find a spot on the ground floor and close to the walk way to DTD, there were a few cast members around, to direct. Also be prepared to park across the street and it looks like quite a walk, so if you have health issues, or special needs you might want to find out the best parking options for you.

DTD was packed, and we could not believe all the different walkways that had opened up, and so much had changed in a few short weeks. We did get to peak over the wall near Raglan Road, its a big hole and lots and lots of equipment and materials in different stages. We made our way down to Guest service, were directed where to go, and Thanks to Paige our wonderful cast member and DH who surprised me with the Premium passes, no black outs, park hopper, water parks and Disney Quest... I was over the moon, really really excited pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust::thumbsup2 We had our passes in hand :dance3:

Afterwards we made a quick bathroom stop, before we shopped around a bit. Which I will have to say, what is it with people not washing their hands... :scared: Yuck :crazy2: , I mean really it takes a few minutes.

So I said to DH where to first, his reply was well do you want to? and which one? I looked at him like what in the world are you talking about, then he gave me that sly smile and it hit me, he was asking which park and did I want to go.... I start laughing and then the tears started... I am a big ole baby,
So MK here we come, We made a mad dash back to the car, and headed for MK.. We made it in just a few minutes, show our new pass and under the gate, We decided on the Hero's side, and Simba was our row.( make sure to take a picture with your phone or right it down were you parked) We really did not have to wait for a tram maybe a minute, so that it could come to a stop, load, and off to Transportation station, we just missed the steam boat, so we went decided to go the monorail route, and we were there, made it to MK, through security.. Please have your bags ready to be checked, un-zip and open them up, it makes things go so much faster, and don't forget to say thanks to the cast member for doing their job to keep everyone safe. Then we used our AP's for the First Time :dance3: YES!! we were in and that's when I felt it, The Christmas sprit, all the times we had been there during the holidays, memories of our all our trips came flooding in. Seeing Main Street all decorated and all the guest in there Christmas attire.. pixiedust:

The wait times were outrageous, we decided on walking around and a bit, and checking out the stores, decorations, and a few pictures. We decided on grabbing a bite to eat we were at Pesco Bills, we just went with 2 burgers w/ fries and large cokes, no issue finding a table, The burger bar was loaded with lots of choices, I went with the mushroom and onions, DH went for his normal ketchup and onion. Burgers and Fries were hot and tasted good, Everything taste better at Mickeys house.

We hit small world wait time was 35 minutes and we waited 29.

Here are some of the wait times we saw -
Peter Pan was 90 minutes
Haunted Mansion 100 minutes
Both Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain were at 100 minutes.
Mickeys philharmonic was 60 minutes
Pooh 90 minutes

Then DH was like what's over here, Ohhhh I totally forget he had not been to the new part of fantasyland - We spent some time checking out and getting pictures. We waited, 10 minutes for Under the sea, Then over to tomorrow land, to see our buddy Buzz lightyear, and yes for the first time ever, I beat DH... :yay::yay: not by much but I did... woo hoo bragging rights pixiedust:

We then just walk around, holding hands and talking. The Castle was breathtaking..

We did some shopping and then it started to snow on main street... Priceless...pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

From My Family to Yours
Merry Christmas to all and to all a healthy and happy New Year.pixiedust:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter