Impromptu Disneyland Trip - looking for tips

disland7

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
We will be in the park July 22-24.
  • We are staying at the Springhill Suites Convention Center, is it better to walk to the parks (.6 mil) or walk to Toy story lot (.4 mil) and ride the busses?
  • Is it possible to see PTN and then go over to see Fantasmic?
  • Is it really crowded still at the 9:30 Fantasmic showing (requiring a dining package?)
  • Any opinions on the skyline lounge? I realize fireworks are not guaranteed. We loved the WOC dessert party and I am wondering if we will have as much fun here.
  • I've been to Disneyland in April, Sept, Oct, and Nov, but never in the summer. Any advice about that?
Thanks all...

We are staying at the Springhill Suites Convention Center, is it better to walk to the parks (.6 mil) or walk to Toy story lot (.4 mil) and ride the busses?

Try both, see which you like better. If you are tired and the .2 mile difference helps use the bus. My DD used Uber (kids these days) it did not cost much and no walking. Use the drop off spot on Harbor for Uber rides.

Is it possible to see PTN and then go over to see Fantasmic?

Yes it is, but you have to you have to have the line up the stars and have a pixie dust in your favor. PTN has to start from Paradise Garden Side- Your viewing spot is from next to Little Mermaid-Then Escape from DCA and not have much of a line to get into DL. There is a great post on here about all the logistics.

Is it really crowded still at the 9:30 Fantasmic showing (requiring a dining package?)

It has not been really crowded meaning you will not get a center view without a FP or dining pakage. Great viewing spots from the NOS side have been available for the 2nd show almost up to show time.

Any opinions on the skyline lounge? I realize fireworks are not guaranteed. We loved the WOC dessert party and I am wondering if we will have as much fun here.

I have not done it, but I have watch a couple youtube vids on it and it looks great. IF you can afford it!

I've been to Disneyland in April, Sept, Oct, and Nov, but never in the summer. Any advice about that?

Walk in the shade, hydrate, and take a hotel break or do indoor attractions if it is hot. It has been mostly slow this summer with all the AP block outs and Pixar Fest not bringing in big crowds.

Have an amazing trip!

Re: being there in August -- Be sure to get to the park early to take advantage of the cooler temperatures and lower crowds. Consider taking a mid-day break at the hotel or pool, then return around 6. If you're using MaxPass, continue to claim FPs from your hotel in the afternoon. And it's counter-intuitive, but consider going on a Sunday, especially if you don't have EE, are headed to DL, and can get there at opening.

If you are watching PTN at 8:50 then heading over for the 10:30 Fantasmic I think it is totally do-able. We were able to get into DL for fireworks at 9:30 after the parade. We had to walk quickly, but we made it.

If you are watching PTN at 8:50 then heading over for the 10:30 Fantasmic I think it is totally do-able. We were able to get into DL for fireworks at 9:30 after the parade. We had to walk quickly, but we made it.
Thank you. That’s what I think we will try to do. My DS10 doesn’t love staying up late and with the time change I’m not sure he’ll want to but I’m going to try.

The biggest difference at summer is the extended park hours (commando touring very hard to do when hours are 8am to midnight) and the heat. We’re a dry heat in CA and if you’re not used to it it can kick your rear. Make sure you always have water and/or Gatorade type drinks available (and the fam drinks it!). Take that midday break recommended above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter