Impact on disneyland Hotel

Good question. I don't think it would be underground, but perhaps the central area that may be on the first floor level will contain branching walkways to the other buildings at that level.

If you look at the concept art carefully, I think that the area under that wavy canopy is all a second level that my guess is will be considered hotel area. You can see there is a 'ground level' tunnel passing underneath. I wouldn't be surprised if everything 'hotel' starts on the second level. DTD shops, restaurants, security etc will be on the ground level under that. So while DTD guests in theory could find their way up to the second level and walk around, you wouldn't necessarily be any more "exposed" going to the as yet unspecified pool than you are at DLH or GCH (both of which have public walkways around the pool).

If you look at the concept art carefully, I think that the area under that wavy canopy is all a second level that my guess is will be considered hotel area. You can see there is a 'ground level' tunnel passing underneath. I wouldn't be surprised if everything 'hotel' starts on the second level. DTD shops, restaurants, security etc will be on the ground level under that. So while DTD guests in theory could find their way up to the second level and walk around, you wouldn't necessarily be any more "exposed" going to the as yet unspecified pool than you are at DLH or GCH (both of which have public walkways around the pool).

I was just going to post the same thing.

That's what my original post said. I think I muddied the water by saying 'first floor level'. I had my British usage hat on. The 'first floor' in Britain is what we think of as the 'second floor'.

That's what my original post said. I think I muddied the water by saying 'first floor level'. I had my British usage hat on. The 'first floor' in Britain is what we think of as the 'second floor'.
I'm sorry; I completely missed that! I mean, I read it, but I didn't put together what you were saying. My brain kept thinking it was all the same level but peering at it closely, I can now understand what you meant.

We went to England last year and I was surprised to find that our first-floor flat in York was not at ground level :)

Any updates on this? The only thing I’ve been able to find is a video from fresh baked almost 2 weeks ago that showed demo on the DTD buildings hadn’t started yet. I’m wondering if a timeline has been released or if there is any info on the use of the monorail will be affected? We are 3 weeks out from our trip and are heavily relying on the monorail as a feet saver!

Any updates on this? The only thing I’ve been able to find is a video from fresh baked almost 2 weeks ago that showed demo on the DTD buildings hadn’t started yet. I’m wondering if a timeline has been released or if there is any info on the use of the monorail will be affected? We are 3 weeks out from our trip and are heavily relying on the monorail as a feet saver!
Just be aware, if the Monorail is running, as in not down due to construction, it is not reliable transportation! If it's really hot outside, and it usually is in August and Sept in Anaheim, they will not run the Monorail.... it does not have A/C....... we were there in Sept, it was 90+ everyday, and we never rode it once!

We walked through the area on Monday evening - met friends who were staying at DLH and then walked to the parks. So far, the only noticeable change is all the windows are covered so you can't look in the empty buildings. The security tents are still in the same place as they have been.

Just be aware, if the Monorail is running, as in not down due to construction, it is not reliable transportation! If it's really hot outside, and it usually is in August and Sept in Anaheim, they will not run the Monorail.... it does not have A/C....... we were there in Sept, it was 90+ everyday, and we never rode it once!
If it is in the 90s, they will still usually run it, however, they do not load to capacity. It gets very warm in there.

Just left DLR Tuesday. The only checkpoint near DLH wasn’t too bad. However, they weren’t staffiit as much as I think they should. Barring mechanical issues, the monorail is still running and there is nothing blocking the walk from DLH through Downtown Disney.

Anaheim has a new mayor who has decided to back out on the deal on the hotel which amounted to $276 million for Disney. This after Disney has already removed the tenants from ESPN, Rain Forest and Earl of Sandwiches. Disney has stopped all work for now. At least until Anaheim figures out what this will cost them.

What was horrible about it?

I am hoping it is dead too. I hated the location, it will cause huge back ups. I hated the style, so boring. I hated that it will cause disruption to Disneyland Hotel including blocking park views. We pay big bucks for disneyland hotel. I hope they put back the restaurants and shops. Also I hated we had to stop disneyruns cause of this hotel. So far nothing good about it.

Last edited:
The location was weird, having DLH and PPH guests walk thru another hotel to get to DTD. It just did not make sense.
This! It was ridiculously located. And now we know they had plans for the other location all along and then changed to this one- & now they want it so bad they’re willing to throw away the entire project if they can’t put it in the new location? The mind boggles...

Personally I can see why the city pulled the plug for reconsideration- as far as I can guess the economic assessment was not done accounting for the closure of that stuff in DtD...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter