Imagineering Field Guide Book

aGoofyMom

DIS Veteran
I can't wait to hear the thoughts on this book - I am guessing this is the one mentioned in the email portion. I have already read the Magic Kingdom Imagineering Field Guide Book (last spring) & am trying to get through both the Epcot and Animal Kingdom books prior to my trip. I will have to retrieve my Magic Kingdom one from my nephew as well.
:thumbsup2

For me, I enjoyed reading it. You might have guessed that since I have the Epcot & AK versions as well. I think they skipped MGM because they didn't know what to name the book!

Anyone else out there read any of them yet?

i've read all 3...very informative, and i can't wait for our trip to see some of the things that i may not have ever really noticed before :thumbsup2

I just finished reading the MK one, I loved it so much I am planning to pick up Epcot and DAK for the plane ride down. So much cool info packing in that tiny book!

I've read all three books and enjoyed them. Last year we took DH's adult daughter to WDW. It was her first trip since she was small. She and her friend decided to concentrate on Epcot (we were going during F&W), so we bought her the Epcot guide. This year for Christmas we're giving her the MK and AK field guides (she'll be returning during F&W in 2009).

I plan on getting at least one copy of the Studios field guide (probably two, one for me and one for her).

I love how they point out things that you've seen 1000 times but never really noticed. Now if the Imagineers would only create books for Disneyland and DCA I'd be a happy camper.

I have the Epcot and AK Guides and will probably pick up the MK Guide off Amazon or Ebay. I am fascinated by the amount of detail provided in the books and the sometimes intricate backstories that the Imagineers come up with when creating attractions or just the overall theme of an area or park. It's amazing what lots of imagination and money can do! :goodvibes

Overstock has all three books for less than Amazon plus $ 2.95 shipping.

I've already read the AK one and I'm waiting for the MK and Epcot to come next week :goodvibes

They're awesome! I highly recommend them:thumbsup2

After reading this thread, I just ran out to the bookstore and bought the Epcot and AK guides. We're leaving for WDW in six days (!!!) and I wanted to pack up a little gift basket for my 22-year-old son, who is coming with me. These will be PERFECT to throw in the basket and I think he'll really enjoy them!

Teresa

The AK one is really interesting to me - I guess I just needed that extra level of explanation for that park. I think it is going to change the way I see it. I will know soon enough! ;) And since I steer our family around - everyone else will benefit. Actually we didn't have time for it last trip so DD hasn't seen it yet. As long as she sees tigers she is happy.
:tigger: :simba: (ok any big cats will do)

I have all three as well and think that they are great. What I really like about them is that you don't have to be anywhere near the parks to enjoy them. You don't need to be standing in front of the attraction to understand what the author is explaining.

I believe that the author is skipping the Studios and the next book will be Disneyland.

I have all three as well and think that they are great. What I really like about them is that you don't have to be anywhere near the parks to enjoy them. You don't need to be standing in front of the attraction to understand what the author is explaining.

I believe that the author is skipping the Studios and the next book will be Disneyland.

I really hope there is one for Disney Studios!! That is our favorite park and was bummed out that it was skipped and Animal Kingdom was released.

I really hope there is one for Disney Studios!! That is our favorite park and was bummed out that it was skipped and Animal Kingdom was released.

I'm guessing that Disney decided to wait until the name change to release the book. I'm sure they wouldn't want to have a book released for a few months only to become outdated by their own doing.

I bought all three of these about six weeks ago, and have packed them in my carryon bag to read on the plane. I haven't opened them yet, even though I've been dying to, since I bought them as a surprise for my dad also. I thought we could swap them around and take turms reading them while waiting at the airport and then while traveling down there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter