I'm Too Excited to Sleep! A very fun trip with lots of Star Wars! Finished on 8/17

Feberin

DIS Veteran
I've never done one of these before and couldn't find a guide or any rules so please let me know if I'm not doing it right.

We just got back from our trip yesterday so I thought I would start this while everything is fresh in my mind. I have almost no pictures of food so you'll have to use your imagination but I was always starving when we sat down to eat probably from pushing a double stroller around the parks.
The planning for the trip started around February. So not too far in advance of the actual trip. We had been talking about for over a year doing a trip to Sesame Place this year followed by having some fun in Philadelphia then heading up to NYC for a few days. However when we started pricing it out it got expensive very quickly and I jokingly said "wow at these prices we could go to Disney World". We laughed but I decided to price out a trip. We could get discounted tickets through my husband's work and they were running a deal on hotels. Slowly it became a reality and I started researching like crazy to make sure we would have an amazing vacation.

About us:

My husband and I
14223828512_9dd6339862_n.jpg

-My husband went to Disney once before our trip together when he was 13.
-I've been twice once when I was 9 and once at 14.
-We've been married for five years and live in Baltimore, MD.
-We're both big Star Wars fans.
-We love to eat and my husband especially loves to try new things

Patrick age 4
14246338003_c58fa93171_n.jpg

-He loves Toy Story especially Buzz Lightyear.
-We got him a Buzz costume at a yard sale for $5.
-He's also into Star Wars, Cars and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
-Until right before the trip when we really started introducing him to Disney movies he hadn't seen too many since he only recently developed the attention span for a movie.
-Hates having his picture taken hence the scowling pictures at Disney

Mary age 23 months
14039512578_cb96f099f3_n.jpg

-She is behind with her speech development and before the trip hadn't shown much interest in anything Disney.
-She really doesn't watch TV or movies and will ignore them if they are on in the background.
-She loves Star Wars and Winnie the Pooh board books.
-Is scared to death of Santa and the Easter bunny so we were nervous about how she'd handle costume characters.

The Planning

I mentioned in my first post that we started planning after realizing our other plan for a vacation would be nearly as expensive and not nearly as fun for the children. When we started planning we were hoping to keep things as cheap as possible. We first planned to stay off site since both of our last trips to Disney had involved staying off site. But when we started comparing prices it was a small difference then I noticed one of the hotels that would have been cheap enough to make staying off site a good idea had a rat problem complete with pictures of rats that people had posted. That kind of helped be our final push to stay on site. Since we were pretty cheap we decided to stay at All-Star Sports
Although I didn't do a pre-trip report I did make a post about my plans asking for advice. Here it is with some notes about what changes we made closer to the date.
We're going to Disney in late-May with our four-year-old son and nearly two-year-old daughter. I hope this is the right place to post our plans but I'd love some feedback.

We're driving from Maryland leaving on Saturday morning and staying somewhere overnight on Saturday night. We're waiting to book a hotel to see how far we get on our journey since this will be our longest trip with the kids. We're hoping to arrive on Sunday before dinnertime. We were thinking we'll stop and buy some food before going to All Star Sports. Then check in and unpack. We're going to probably go somewhere in Downtown Disney hopefully for dinner. Probably quick service and also stop by the toy store there where you can get Mr. Potato Head parts since my son is obcessed with Mr. Potato Head and it'll give him something to play with whenever we're in the room. We're bringing our own Potato Head assuming the parts are interchangeable and you don't need to buy a special Disney one. If we get in later then expected or are too tired then we'll just do the food court.

On Monday we're going to Hollywood Studios in the morning and doing Toy Story Mania. We may do a couple other rides there too but that's the only must ride for my son. We're going to take the boat over to Epcot since the kids both love boats. Then we're going to walk around and get lunch somewhere in the World Showcase. Possibly just do snacks. We're planning on skipping naps today since the kids should be well rested my daughter does fine with a couple days without a nap and my son almost never naps. We have Fast Past+ reservations at The Seas with Nemo (3-4), Turtle Talk with Crush (5-6) and Soarin' for my son and I. My husband has one for Test Track (6-7). We're hoping to back by 8 pm for bedtime.

On Tuesday we're going to Animal Kingdom in the morning. My son HATES petting zoos so we're not doing a ton of stuff. We have Fast Pass+ for the Safari (9-10), Outpost (10-11) and River Rapids (11-12). We're planning on packing a lunch and by 1 pm be heading back to the hotel. In the evening we have 6:15 reservations for Hollywood and Vine for the Star Wars Disney Character meal. We are not doing the Fantasmic dinner package since my son scares easily and I've been told it's kind of scary for little ones. Instead we'd like to go over to Magic Kingdom and do the Mickey's Electric parade.

On Wednesday we're doing Magic Kingdom. We have Fast Pass+ for Peter Pan (10-11), Jungle Cruise (11-12) and Splash Mountain (my son and husband 12:20-1:20). I also have a Haunted Mansion one to possibly do with my daughter. She doesn't scare easily unlike my son. We're planning on going back to the hotel around 2ish for naps. No plans for the rest of the day so we'll plan it by ear. I managed to snag a Anna and Elsa FP+ that replaced my Haunted Mansion one.

Thursday we're in the Magic Kingdom again with Fast Pass+ for Buzz Lightgear Spin (10-11), Space Mountain (using child swap for my husband and I to do it) and Enchanted Tales with Belle (12:30-1:30). Once again a packed lunch and back to the hotel for naps with rest of the plans up in the air. However we're hoping to make this an early night.

Friday we're going to Hollywood Studios for Star Wars weekend! We're all really big Star Wars fans. We're planning on using the morning to just wait for one or two autographs and take in the fun. We really want to watch the motorcade parade. We have Fast Pass+ for Toy Story Mania (11:40-12:40), Star Tours (just my son and husband will probably go 12:40-1:40) and Indiana Jones (3:30-3:50). We also have lunch reservations at the Sci-Fi Dine-In at 1:50. We're going to head back to the hotel for possibly a late nap or just a break from the parks after we see Indiana Jones. We're thinking of going to Mickey's Electrical Parade either again or if it didn't work out on Tuesday night.

Besides the dinner reservations we're pretty flexible. We're doing breakfast in the room every morning and I already bought oatmeal and yogurt pouches for the kids. My husband and I will probably do a granola bar or something. We're hoping to save money by packing lunch (either lunchmeat or PB&J) most days. Unless we have a reservation we'll just do quick service for dinner.

Day One
I woke my husband up at 2:30 am on Saturday. We were planning on leaving for Disney at 6 am. But I softly whispered his name and he was immediately responding. So I suggested we leave in the middle of the night. Why toss and turn in bed when I could be driving down to Disney? Well he didn't like that idea and told me to go to sleep. At 3 am I again was able to rouse him by softly whispering his name and told him that I was getting up and finishing the last few packing items. That we were going to leave by 4 am. I promised that he could sleep in the car but I wanted to be driving.
We loaded the kids into the already packed van. Mary was asleep before we left the driveway. Then we were off! We had high hopes of making it to Jacksonville, FL. Everyone pretty much told us if we were lucky we'd be able to do 10 or 11 hours. Kids need frequent breaks to handle a long car ride. Patrick was awake and as excited as us. He was however very disappointed when he found out we weren't actually going into Disney World that day. Guess we should have explained our countdown better to make it clear we were counting down until we started driving to Disney.
Our first stop was at 7:30 am at a McDonalds South of Richmond, VA. An awesome start to our trip. After a restroom break I climbed into the way back of our van and fed our still rear facing toddler breakfast in her car seat.
We made plans to stop at South of the Border to let the kids stretch their legs. We had to stop for gas before we reached South of the Border but then were back on the road after only putting enough gas in to make it until it was cheaper. We stopped at South of the Border and the kids had fun moving around.
14224009532_5326019186_n.jpg
We climbed back into the van with me in the way back again. We fed the kids a packed lunch of PB&J, squeeze pouches and veggie straws. We stopped to fill the tank and I swapped up front to drive. We picked up subs for us with plans of stopping in a little while to let the kids run around. And this was when we really made great time. After stopping so Patrick could use the bathroom a short period of time later both kids fell asleep for a few hours. So we never really took a dedicated lunch break. As we crossed into GA we decided that we should probably see if we could extend our stay at Disney since it seemed doable to make it there. Unfortunately there weren’t any rooms available so we ended up booking a hotel in Orlando, FL. Now we kind of had to keep going way past our goal of Jacksonville.
14203194816_1e106c844a_n.jpg

We stopped at the Florida Welcome Center. There we got a chance to move around a bit out of the car and have some (free!) orange juice. The kids were excited and so were we since it was only 4:00 and we were already in Florida!
The kids were starting to get ready to finish our trip although they were still doing well just a little whiny. We gave them snacks to eat in the car, which for our kids is a treat since normally they don't eat in the car. We also handed out Color Wonder coloring books and markers. Things didn't really get rough until the last half an hour when we hit some traffic around Orlando. We ended up deciding to order a pizza for carry out and eat it at the hotel.
We picked up the pizza and then went to our hotel. After we were checked in we got the kids pizza but they were more interested in the playground our hotel offered. The pizza was horrible and I barely ate any of it. But I wasn't that hungry anyways. The kids were bouncing off the walls from having been in the car for so long so we took them to the playground to run it off then to bed.
We went to sleep at the same time as the kids exhausted from driving. We were utterly amazed to be in Orlando and so close to Disney World! We couldn't wait until the next day when we wouldn't have to worry about driving much at all and could enjoy being in Orlando. The next day was also Mother's Day.

Can't wait to hear more! Your children are the same age of our first trip with our children in 1991. They are now 27 (DD) and 24 (DS).

I feel like you deserve a trophy for driving down there in one day! Looking forward to reading more about your trip :)

We live in Hagerstown, MD and will be going to DW in Sept. 2015. Me 39, DH 45, DD6, DD5 and DD22 months. It will be our first trip with the girls, can't wait. I have to get my Disney fix, so I'm along for the ride.

Excited to hear more! We are making the drive in September, but only from SC...so not that bad! My husband is from Baltimore, and both He & I are huge Star Wars fans.

Day Two

When I last left off we had just driven down from Baltimore to Orlando. That night we went to sleep at the same time as the kids exhausted from driving. In the morning we tried to take a shower but it didn't work. My husband complained to hotel and they let us use the suite across the hall so we headed over there. It was very nice with a kitchenette and two rooms. If only we'd noticed the shower issue earlier perhaps we could have gotten to sleep in the suite instead of our cramped room! After everyone was bathed and dressed we loaded the van and got our complimentary breakfast. It was meh. The eggs tasted pretty nasty but the pancakes met my son's approval. My husband liked the sausage. I had a bagel with cream cheese. It wasn't bad but not great either.
I had heard about the Disney Character warehouse where apparently you could get deals like $5 Disney shirts. So we headed over to the Orlando outlets. It was a pretty disappointing selection though we did find a gift for my friend's daughter who has a birthday coming up soon. We found out there was a second location of the store so we headed over there and found even less plus we got stuck in traffic.
14239690325_7a60c3f934_n.jpg
It was now time for lunch so we went to Steak N' Shake for the first delicious meal of our vacation. There aren't any near us so this was my choice for a mother's day meal. Afterwards we did grocery shopping (spending $100) for the week since we're going to be packing lunches and eating breakfast in our room. We also loaded up on snacks and special treats like squeeze pouches of applesauce for the kids. My husband got lunchmeat for sandwiches but I found some pre-made chicken salad in the deli that I purchased for my own sandwiches.
14053045518_7defbda6dd_n.jpg
Before we entered Disney my husband decided that we should put our Magic Bands on our wrists. We each had one even though Mary didn't have hers linked to a ticket and all it could have done was act as a room key. Patrick was disappointed that his was red and not pink but he'd selected his color back when it was first possible to customize the magic band. He stopped complaining about it after the first day and pointed out whenever he saw somebody else with a red band.
Once we finished shopping we headed to our Disney resort. Patrick literally squealed when we entered Disney property. He had been upset all day that driving to Disney didn't mean we were actually at Disney that first night.
We arrived at the All Star Sports. Check in was a breeze and we got a free upgrade to a preferred location room, which was an awesome surprise. After we unpacked we headed to Downtown Disney. The bus took forever to get there but we had fun walking around the toy store.
14236393471_2578e4ae43_n.jpg
Just arriving at the toy store was fun. The Buzz Lightyear out front started getting Patrick really excited. It was one of the few times during the trip that he wanted us to take his picture. Patrick is obcessed with Mr. Potato Head so we did the fill a box with parts. He decided while there that he wanted a second potato head so he could have a Mrs. Potato Head. We agreed since this was his souvenir from the trip. Although there were some parts I was a little disappointed that it was more character parts where you needed the hat, arms, bottoms for it then just random parts to encourage creativity. We bought this souvenir the first day instead of later in the trip because this was our one day in Downtown Disney.

14053107207_70e9197687_n.jpg
My husband decided that his souvenir would be to build a light saber. The children "helped" him but he definitely made the decisions and was really excited about his new toy. I tried with no luck to find my daughter a non-breakable mug. My son has one that he got as a gift from my SIL when she visited Universal and I thought it would be nice if Mary had one from Disney. But apparently they don't sell plastic mugs.
We also stopped by the Christmas store and got each of us an ornament.
My husband had wanted to try one of the table service restaurants in Downtown Disney despite our lack of a reservations Naturally they all had long lines and I was glad he didn't want to wait in them. So we headed back to the hotel and got delicious food from the food court and took it back to our room. My husband got the creole shrimp, I got the salmon and the kids split an adult create your own pasta (spaghetti and meatballs). It was only $30 for all four of us to eat dinner and the food was so delicious! Afterwards the kids had their milk and got ready for bed. My husband and I took turns getting them ready and prepping for the next day. We made our sandwiches and packed up the last items in the park bag. The kids took awhile to wind down. We had to make several threats and retreat into a little bathroom alcove with a curtain so that they would finally go to sleep. My husband got a beer at the food court to help him wind down. We were all excited about the big day we had planned for tomorrow!

14216539936_6f2e1e5c2d_n.jpg

My husband and daughter on the bus ride back to our resort​

Day Three: Three Parks in ONE day!
14053246037_5c4f32bc6f_n.jpg
The kids were excited from the moment our alarm went off. In fact our daughter climbed into the stroller while still in her pajamas as if she were saying "come on let's get moving guys"! And Patrick was super excited all morning about going into the parks and meeting characters.
14053245707_33bc1a32c6_n.jpg
Our first day at Disney World was very ambitious and we switched around plans making it more ambitious as the day continued. We started by going to rope drop at Hollywood Studios. When the gates opened shortly before the official opening time of 9 am we made a beeline for Toy Story Mania and got on it before the park's official opening time. It was a great ride and Patrick's reaction was a "I want to do that again"! But the line was already getting long so instead we hurried over to meet Buzz and Woody. Patrick was in heaven meeting his favorite Disney characters. When we finished with our two goals there it was only 9:15 and the wait time for Toy Story Mania was 50 minutes with the line for Buzz and Woody being out the door of their line area.
My husband has been talking about taking Patrick on Star Tours since we first began planning the trip. So that was next on the agenda. Mary and I had a snack while they went on the ride. It wasn't the hit my husband had been hoping for and Patrick was terrified. He made it abundantly clear that he wasn't going on it again.
14216677596_4b02501c64_n.jpg
Afterwards we headed over to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. The kids had a blast on it. They both love playgrounds and I think Mary was happy to have her first long out of the stroller time for the day. This is one of the few attractions that I remember from when I visited as a child so I was happy that my kids were able to do it and bonus at 10 am it was pretty much empty!
After we finished there we headed to the boat to go to Epcot. We watched one boat depart so we knew that we had twentyish minutes. We decided to eat our sandwiches and my husband and I were able to finish before the boat arrived. The kids finished eating on the boat and nobody mentioned it being against rules or anything so I think that was all right. The boat ride was nice and peaceful with the kids being able to sit in the stroller.
14239826485_d065e497e2_n.jpg
We entered Epcot through the World Showcase entrance. Having just eaten Mary fell asleep in the stroller, which allowed the three of us to explore the World Showcase while she slept. The picture is us in Morocco in front of the fountain. We checked out some shops in the United Kingdom and I got a Dr. Who fridge magnet. It was getting hot so we stopped in Italy for some gelato. It was delicious but very messy for Patrick. Mary woke up while we were finishing up. Then we found a "companion bathroom" to change her diaper and clean Patrick up. He needed new pants without chocolate ice cream all over them. I managed to scrub his pants as best I could and the bib since we'd need that for Mary later. Luckily it was hot enough that the wet bib dried quickly hanging from the stroller.
14053189719_318916051c_n.jpg
We decided to do Maelstrom in Norway. It was a fun ride and I think Mary enjoyed it but not Patrick. I guess he found it too scary and didn't like that he got slightly splashed. After that ride he was very hesitant about going on the Grand Fiesta Tour but we forced him. He didn't mind that one but didn't love it either.
14216676446_0acc95c1f7_n.jpg
We took a picture in front of Spaceship Earth after leaving the World Showcase. Patrick did not want his picture taken. And none of them turned out great. Just incase you're wondering we didn't get the Memory Maker because it was so expensive and we have a nice camera. So all the pictures I'm posting are ones taken with our camera.
After finishing the showcase we headed to the Seas Pavilion. Both kids loved seeing all the fish but were very wiggly during Turtle Talk with Crush. I had to take Mary out early from that attraction. Everyone enjoyed the Seas with Nemo and Friends but it wasn't a favorite. We did use our first FP+ for it although the line wasn't really that long. After we headed out into the heat again we decided to go to Club Cool. Although we were going to be nice and allow Patrick some soda he pronounced it disgusting and refused to drink it. I had fun trying the various sodas from around the world. Some were quite tasty others not so much. I didn't make notes and can now not remember but I tended to prefer the fruity ones.

14239962665_c3164841e6_n.jpg
When we left Club Cool we saw that there was only a 5 minute wait for the character spot. Earlier in the day Patrick had asked to meet Mickey so we hurried inside with our autograph books (pictured above) that we had made for the kids. They were super easy to make just hole punched index cards and used scrapbook paper that we covered with lamination. We strung lanyards through them and this made it super easy for the kids to carry them and us to carry them as well. Much easier then having regular books.
14260009603_15edf6f727_n.jpg
14239825215_fee4d7662f_n.jpg
First we met Mickey. Patrick greeted him with a big hug and we were able to get a family picture. Mary felt kind of mixed about him and while she happily brought up her autograph book afterwards she was a little scared for him.
14216675706_e01fcd971b_n.jpg
Next we met Goofy. He had fun with the autograph books hanging them from his nose. Mary did not like him and I have a picture of her running away from him.
14236531141_f0e7a36673_n.jpg
The last character we saw was Minnie. For some reason Mary wasn't as frightened of Minnie as the other characters. She gave her a delicate high five and we got a nice family picture with her.
After finishing there we headed over to Soarin' since I had a Fastpass+. We dragged the kids in so we could get a parent swap card for my husband to do the ride. I enjoyed Soarin' it was a lot of fun. We had planned on Patrick riding with me but he refused and we decided not to push him. When it was my turn to wait with the children we headed over to Living the Land because I was exhausted and wanted to sit. Patrick found a new favorite ride. We road it again and again until my husband was finished and then rode it as a family.

14216675146_51459f7908_n.jpg
I selected dinner for the night with my choice being Mexico. We got the kids quesadillas from a small stand. They were cheese and mushroom very tasty! We went into a quick service area and I got a cheese empanada kids meal while my husband got tacos. My husband found a wonderful table right on the water and we got to have a beautiful view of the World Showcase. After we finished eating my husband did Test Track while I took the kids to the bathroom and applied bug spray. We were bad about remembering bug spray other nights and never had any issues.
We decided to be daring that first night and do the Mickey's Electrical Parade. We had planned on this for Tuesday but weren't sure if we'd have time after our dinning reservation and didn't want to have to rush dinner. Also travel logistics from Epcot to Magic Kingdom were better then Hollywood Studios to Magic Kingdom. All day Patrick had been begging to ride on the monorail as he saw it zooming overhead. The trip over was pleasant and Mary fell asleep yet again in the stroller. My only minor complaint is when it stopped we had to go all the way down and then up again to board the next monorail. A lot of extra walking and pushing with a very loaded stroller.
When we arrived in Magic Kingdom there was still time for the parade so we managed to squeeze in a Buzz Lightyear Spin ride since Patrick had been begging to ride Toy Story Mania again and this was similar enough to appease him.
When the ride let out it was close to parade time and there weren't many spaces. A cast member made the wonderful suggestion of going to Frontiertown to get a spot. We found a spot for the parade only in the second row of people near the end. While we waited I produced all sorts of cheap glow items that we'd purchased ahead of time. Since we were near the end it was nearly 9:30 before we started seeing the parade. It was excellent to watch and the children loved it. I was amazed that the bus wasn't crowded but I guess everyone else was waiting for fireworks. We saw some fireworks from the bus. What a way to kick off our trip. We arrived back at the hotel and got the kids to bed. Then got some things ready for the next day.
We also started adjusting our FP+ given Patrick's reaction to Star Tours and Maelstrom. We took off Splash Mountain and replaced it with Buzz Lightyear Spin. We also changed our later Star Tours pass to Disney Jr.

Day Four
14274145843_313049b7f9_n.jpg
For our second day we slept in a little later. We reached Animal Kingdom right at 9:30 with a Fastpass+ for the safari. We headed right there and it was a nice start to the day. The only downside was that we were forced to squeeze together in a limited seating row for handicap people. I had Patrick on my lap for the duration of the ride, which was a bit much and got uncomfortable quickly. My husband held Mary and controlled the camera. We got to see lots of animals and he got some pretty nice pictures. The kids enjoyed it but there weren't requests to ride it again. I think I would have enjoyed it more if we weren’t so squeezed together on the ride and had been able to stretch out a little bit. We got some nice pictures of the animals but I'm skipping them. We also tried to get a picture of all of us on the ride but only got my husband and I.
14067316048_bb6d48ce26_n.jpg
My son does not like petting zoos at all after he had a bad experience where a goat knocked him over. We also didn’t want to do any trails. We were still tired from the previous day and our daughter isn’t great at walking on her own so somebody would have to wear her in the heat. We tried to get pictures taken in front of the tree but the kids were just not interested. We had a Fastpass+ for Expedition Everest but it was shut down temporarily. We also had FP+ for the Character Outpost but we’d seen Mickey and Minnie the day before and were going to see them tonight at a character dinner. So instead we headed to Dinoland.
14253606704_818ba25255_n.jpg
14250663521_8f41982377_n.jpg
On our way there we ran into a cast member saying that Daisy was doing a meet and greet with a special friend. We guessed on our way over that it was Donald and were pleased to be correct. Both kids are big Daisy and Donald fans perhaps more than Mickey and Minnie. The line wasn’t long and we quickly joined it. Both kids were very excited to see Daisy and Donald but they waited in line fairly well. We let Mary walk around a bit instead of having to hang out in a carrier or stroller. When we reached the front the kids both got autographs and we got family pictures with them. They took a break after us.
After that surprise we headed to Dinoland. We had planned on the kids doing Triceratops spin but Patrick refused so we headed to the boneyard playground. I found the playground to be pretty hot and there was a small area that worked well for little ones but the rest of it seemed geared for larger children. Naturally Mary wanted to do the stuff for bigger kids so I had to climb with her. It wouldn’t have been too bad but it was hot. Patrick took off on his own and did fine without us helping him. My husband found out that Expedition Everest was up and running so after a little while we headed over there.
We did child swap with me waiting first. While I waited I think I offered the kids snacks but they turned them down. We found a shady spot to hang out and both kids drank water since they were hot from the playground. In very little time my husband was finished and telling me that I had to ride it. We’re both big rollercoaster enthusiast one of our first dates was to visit Six Flags New Jersey and ride Kingda Ka, which was the largest in the world at that time. I found Expedition Everest to be very enjoyable although I expected the backward drop since it says that it goes backwards on the sign that the kids and I were sitting near. One thing I love about Disney is that they fill rides to capacity. When I showed up as a single rider they put me next to somebody else so many other parks that I’ve visited won’t do that and send rides out with many empty seats.
When I came back to the kids they were finishing up a snack and begging for more food. We’d planned on heading back for lunch so we decided we might as well go now. I know there is more to do at Animal Kingdom but I felt like we did what we really wanted to do and I’m not sure how the rest of the stuff would have gone since the kids did poorly in most shows we attended at Disney. We took the bus back to our room to find it hadn’t been cleaned…again!
One bad surprise we got the night before upon our return was that nobody had cleaned our room and now it still hadn’t been cleaned. I went to Stadium Hall to ask what to do about the trash. It was piling up and I knew after lunch we would be overflowing the tiny trash cans. They put another request for our room to be cleaned. On the way back I ran into a nice housekeeper who offered to take the trash. We had a lunch of sandwiches, chips and grapes. After lunch we put Mary down for a nap. She was exhausted and quickly fell asleep. Patrick didn’t want to nap and we debated forcing him to lay in bed quietly but I figured that would end badly so we gave him the ipad and headphones hoping he’d drift off to sleep. My husband and I both nodded off as well. A little while later we had a knock at our doo r and it was our housekeeper ready clean it. However with the baby asleep it was a bad time so she left us clean towels and soaps.
Since Patrick was still awake I urged my husband to wake up and got him to take Patrick swimming since he had wanted to take him since we first arrived and he saw the pool. Patrick just learned to swim on his own and my husband hadn’t gotten to see him swim yet. While they were swimming I got the bag packed for going to dinner that night and then took a shower. When I finished I got dressed and was just finishing up when my husband and son returned from the pool. Patrick had impressed people with his swimming abilities and my husband was very happy to have seen him swim. Mary woke up around this time and my husband took a shower with swapping in both kids so they could get washed as well. Then I dressed them. Mary wore her “Why be a Princess when you can be a Jedi” shirt that I had made for her using an iron on at home.
We were all ready so we headed to Hollywood Studios only to find a long line for the bus. So we decided to take the car since we couldn't miss our reservations, which were over an hour away but I was nervous about missing them. This was the only time we didn’t use Disney transportation. I’m not sure if we actually saved time since heading all the way back to our car then driving there and parking the car and boarding a tram to actually get to Hollywood Studios took time. We also made a couple wrong turns driving there so the bus might have been quicker. But we arrived with plenty of time to spare.
14067353980_6e90c13285_n.jpg
14067314778_dbfa94040b_n.jpg
We looked at some shops before heading to the Hollywood & Vine for Stars Wars dinner. I cannot rave enough about this meal. It was very expensive but my Dad contributed for it as part of the kids’ birthday presents. When we first arrived we got to see Ewok Chip and Dale. We got an adorable picture of Mary hugging one of them. However I totally pushed her into them and a minute later she was running away. But the picture is cute. We then got a family picture with all of us. None of these turned out including the photopass ones that the Disney photographer took with their own camera.
14253969185_997947d6b5_n.jpg

14274144103_a3d40c2b04_n.jpg

14067317849_2073470c4a_n.jpg

Once seated we arrived around the time that the characters were coming around So we got to seep Princess Leia Minnie, Stormtrooper Donald and Darth Goofy very quickly after arriving. The characters were great and the kids had so much fun seeing them and getting their autographs. Mary loved the autograph part of character meet and greets although she was less crazy about the pictures and being with them. After most of the characters passed us (I think we narrowly missed Jedi Mickey the first time) we ordered drinks and started getting food from the buffet.
The food was so delicious! Especially the lobster and shrimp mac and cheese. Huge chunks of lobster! Everything was well themed as well. I got the kids fruit, Mos Eisely Barbecue Meatballs and Princess Leia Penne from the adult section of the buffet. Mary mainly ate the fruit so later I went back and got her Wicket the Ewok’s Macaroni and Cheese from the kids’ section. My first plate included salad, Greedo’s Green Beans with Garlic and Tomato, Lando’s Lobster and Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese and Skywalker Ranch Chicken. My second plate included more lobster mac and cheese and Kamino Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon. I would have eaten a third plate with just lobster mac and cheese on it but I was getting full and wanted to save room for dessert. My husband worked his way around the buffet enjoying three plates and eating almost everything. There was nothing that we didn’t like there and while the price tag is very steep for this meal it felt worth it given the quality of the food. Service was also excellent and our glasses were never empty plus they loaned me a pen since we forgot one for autographs.
14251788962_16811de581_n.jpg
While we were eating Jedi Mickey came around to our table. It was a scramble to clean up the kids enough that they wouldn’t get food on his Jedi robes or anything but we managed it. We had brought light up light sabers from home and both kids used these for some of our later pictures. Sorry if this is too many pictures but we had a lot of fun with the characters. I am so happy we did this since it let our Star Wars weekend day not be focused on finding Disney Star Wars characters. Everything was amazing they even had placemats that you could turn into light sabers by rolling the up. However we didn’t make any since the kids were happy with the ones from home.

14067352580_811e8bf409_n.jpg

14251788042_367f0c4b83_n.jpg

And dessert was amazing! I seriously wish I could have just sat for days eating my way through all the food they offered. Unfortunately after two plates I was stuffed and after two plates of dessert there wasn't room for anymore food. My favorite dessert items were marshmallows with sprinkles on them and some parfait things that I’m not sure exactly what they were but they were amazing! My husband really liked the mini key lime pie. Patrick and Mary both loved the strawberries and cookies. The Yoda cupcakes were also especially delicious. However all good things must draw to a close so eventually we waddled out of the restaurant with very full bellies.
14253603904_7ef979548c_n.jpg
We hadn’t gotten the Fatasmic dinner package since we were worried it would scare the children. Patrick desperately wanted to ride Toy Story Mania. He was smart enough to realize we were in the same park as it and despite our explanations that it was a very long wait he insisted that he would wait for it. The wait was 50 minutes when we got in line but I think we waited over an hour for it. Both kids did pretty well during the wait. Mary was on my husband’s back in the Ergo and whenever Patrick started getting antsy we would remind him that he wanted to wait for this ride. He did keep telling us that he needed to poop and we would say that we should go take care of it. But he didn’t want to leave the line and assured us that he could in fact wait. When we finally got up to the front of the line I rode with him and he impressed me by actually waiting until afterwards when we made a beeline to the bathroom without any issue.
We headed back to our car and then headed back to the hotel. The kids were pretty tired and went out easily. It wasn’t long until we were all asleep after I managed to do a little prep work for the next day and wash some of the kids’ cups/water bottles in the hotel sink.

The fast pace we had been keeping started catching up to us on the third day. We had hoped to make it to Magic Kingdom in time for rope drop but when the alarm went off my husband begged for us to sleep a little longer and both kids slept through it. When I finally got everyone up we had breakfast in the room again. I hadn’t been as productive the night before and was somewhat busy getting things together. We knew it was supposed to rain so as a last minute addition we tossed flip flops into the bag planning to switch to them to keep our shoes dry. There was a long line of people waiting for the bus and we were the last ones to board but we weren’t able to all fit past the yellow line. So we had to get off the bus however in a few seconds we saw another Magic Kingdom bus pulling up where we were the first to board and got seats. Great timing!
We ended up getting there at 10 am just in time for our Fastpass+ for Peter Pan. So we headed there as soon as we entered the park. I was nervous about Patrick on the Peter Pan ride since it is a dark ride and he'd been scared of several other rides partly because they were dark. He also had told me countless times that he did not want to go on it and when I forced him to watch Peter Pan before we left for the trip he told me that it was scary. While boarding he told me that he didn't want to ride it and I only managed to convince him by promising him that he could sit next to me and we'd hold hands. So I was shocked when we got off the ride and he asked "can we do that one again"!
14268526442_600dbfc1ee_n.jpg
14270605315_9136ac30ae_n.jpg

If only there hadn't been a 50 minute wait! Instead we headed over to It's a Small World. At home my husband didn't want to do this ride since it would be too obnoxious and he’d never get the song out of his head but agreed since it had a low wait and we were right there. Both kids loved that ride and afterwards Patrick was once again begging to do it again. But we were trying to work our way through Fantasyland before our Fastpass+ for Jungle Cruise at 11:20-12:20. We did the carousel, the teacups and Winnie the Pooh. The kids loved each one and after each one Patrick begged to do them again. But we pushed one because I had hoped to reach Dumbo and Barnstormer but it was getting close to the time for Jungle Cruise and we needed to make a bathroom break first. I also had to do most of the pushing of our double stroller since my husband's wrist was hurting him and I didn't want to have to run to Jungle Cruise.
We reached Jungle Cruise with a little time to spare and got on the ride. It was fun enough but definitely not a ride that we'd do a second time. Patrick did halfheartedly ask to ride it again but I think it was more the boat aspect then the actual ride itself. Neither child seemed super interested but they sat nicely.
After Jungle Cruise we ate lunch in the stroller parking since we were once again short on time plus it was kind of shady. Our lunch was once again packed sandwiches from home. After lunch my husband and Patrick had Fastpass+ for Buzz Lightgear spin. They headed over to do that ride while Mary and I hung out and ate some hummus and pretzel chips. The Fastpass+ had been for Splash Mountain but after seeing how Maelstrom went we decided to change it to something Patrick would actually enjoy doing not have to be dragged onto the ride. So we made the switch one of the nights back at the hotel.
Once they got back my husband noticed that Space Mountain only had a 15 minute wait. We had Fastpass+ for it for tomorrow but we were right there and the wait was low so we decided to do it. We also got ready for rain since the clouds looked ominous so we got the stroller all decked out with its rain cover. Right after he got in line and went inside the clouds opened up and it poured. I managed to get some cover underneath the People Mover but it wasn't enough and the wind blew the rain in and the ground puddled so my feet were getting soaked. I saw other people climbing on benches so I pushed the stroller over to a bench underneath the People Mover. This helped a little bit but the kids were getting restless inside their dry rain cover covered stroller and kicking at the cover. I was worried they'd break it so I pushed through sheets of rain over to a large covered area near Monsters Inc Laugh Factory. Where I could get Patrick out of the stroller and start to get a little more dry. I was soaked even with a poncho on and my shoes were drenched. I took them off and put flip flops on instead. Patrick started complaining because he had a few droplets of water on his shirt. My patience was wearing thin and the kids were bored. The rain finally stopped and my husband called saying he was finished and had it rained while he was in there?
I wanted to use the bathroom so we found one that was in the most amazing area. It's a closed dinning place (I forget the name) and there was a huge space with tables all inside that are just available to anyone who may want to hang out there. I left my husband with the kids there and rode Space Mountain. We used child swap so I wasn't in line for long at all. It was an excellent ride and even better then I remembered it. Afterwards I found my husband and the kids in the same space with the kids finishing up a snack. We now separated.
14084049677_14380caace_n.jpg
I had a Fastpass+ for Anna and Elsa. Mary doesn't really care about any of the movies or Disney characters yet. However I figure it seems like the Princess stage is almost inevitable so I wanted to have her picture taken with Anna and Elsa in case she decided she wanted a princess obsession perhaps those would be the ones to obsess over since she met them. Also I was interested in meeting them. With our Fastpass+ we had a 20 minute wait to see them. They were really great and immediately got down on her level. She might not have been their biggest fan but I handed her the autograph book and she was thrilled to have them sign it. I seriously think we should set her loose with that autograph book to find random people to sign it since it's one of her favorite things to do and she looks through it later happily looking at the autographs. She also really enjoyed all the attention.
14267287581_e791354758_n.jpg
14267287251_23e0ebdc20_n.jpg
Mary also met Princess Aurora since they share a location. She once again happily got an autograph and smiled for a picture. We also have a cute picture of her looking back over waving at Anna and Elsa while with Princess Aurora. Afterwards I called my husband and found out they were about to get onto the Tomorrowland Speedway. So Mary and I went into the Grandstand and watched the cars going around until they were finished. Once again Patrick was begging to go on it again.
14270603945_62a1244a3e_n.jpg
We decided to get a snack since we still had awhile until dinner and were feeling hot. I wanted a dole whip but we were in Tomorrowland so instead we got smoothies. They were nice and refreshing. I got an adorable picture of my husband and daughter while we were enjoying them. We decided to do the Buzz's ride again since there was a short wait. Afterwards we headed to the monorail to take it to Epcot for dinner.
We arrived at Epcot with some extra time before our reservations so we decided to do the Sum of all Thrills. Mary was asleep in the Ergo so my husband went first while I watched Patrick play around with stuff at Innovations. Mary awoke before my husband was finished and then she played in the little Kids Only house. When my husband finished I literally ran onto the ride since we were short on time. I sent a hasty text to my husband saying to go on to dinner and that I would meet him. He didn't understand it. When I finished it was 15 minutes before our reservations at the Restaurant Marrakesh. We needed to hurry. We thought we'd take the boat across the World Showcase but it once again looked ready to storm and the boat was stopped. I don't think I've ever pushed a double stroller as quickly as we hurried around Canada, England and France. When we finally were in Morocco, my husband ran ahead to let them know we were coming. They luckily weren't bothered that we were a few minutes late and seated us right in front of the dance floor.
The Restaurant Marrakesh was one of my favorite dining experiences with the children. Shortly after we sat down musicians came out. The kids joined in with the clapping and were enjoying the music. Then the belly dancer came out. Patrick was too nervous to dance with her but he loved watching. We also got bread and placed our order during this time. After the belly dancer and musicians finished the kids enjoyed their bread. My husband ordered the Royal Feast and they brought out his appetizer and salad. His Beef Brewat Roll was delicious, which surprised me since I wasn't sure if I would like it. I'm not a huge beef eater and the idea of beef with sugar just seemed like it would be weird. But it was delicious.
14247491496_03f8be34dd_n.jpg
The giant slices of bread kept the kids happily munching while we waited for our food. They also brought out carrots and apple sauce that went with the kid's meal while waiting for the main food to arrive. Why don't more restaurants do this? My kids ate way more carrots than normal because they were snacking on them while waiting for the rest of their meal. It’s such a simple thing but a perfect way to keep the kids happy while still delaying their meal so everyone can eat together.
When our meals arrived the kids were still quiet and in good moods. Dinner was delicious. I got the chicken kabobs and they were delicious. I loved the chicken on them and the couscous was also delicious. The olive salad was a little too hot for me so I asked if I could have another slice of bread and was brought two slices. In the end I mostly used to bread to soak up the juice from the kabobs so that I could enjoy every bit of their wonderful taste.
My husband’s meal was also delicious. I tried some of his lamb typically not liking lamb too much. But it was really tasty. The lemon chicken, which had been one meal I considered, was tasty but the chicken kabobs were better. My husband had a very full plate and enjoyed everything on it. He shared his food with Mary. She was a little to enamored with the bread but once it was finished including my extra pieces she dug into the food eating couscous by the fistful.
My only complaint is the kid’s meals. Patrick got the Moroccan Pasta, which was spaghetti and meatballs. The other options were chicken nuggets and a hamburger. Why not do any Moroccan food on the kids' meals? One we picked this restaurant was reading that it was that it was one of the most authentic restaurants in the World Showcase. Shouldn't the kids get some chance to expand their palates?
14083960008_1e8c9fb376_n.jpg
14270182294_99f44e64c0_n.jpg
14084003350_8f9c9f5e9f_n.jpg
After our dinner entrees were finished my husband got dessert. It was a small plate of Moroccan pastries. They were very tasty and everyone tried them. However there wasn't much so I ordered a plate of my own. So delicious and Patrick got a chance to try a little Moroccan food that night. While I was eating my dessert the musicians and belly dancer returned. This time Patrick joined in and I even got Mary cleaned up and sent her out to the dance floor. Afterwards we got a family photo with the belly dancer. It was a wonderful meal and although we had been there for over an hour the kids were very well behaved and not at all impatient to leave.
After dinner we headed straight back to the hotel. My husband put the kids to bed while I rushed out to do laundry since he only had shorts for half the week. Once laundry was done it was an exhausting list to complete before going to bed ourselves. We had to fold the laundry, wash cups, fix sandwiches and repack the park bag. When we finally finished we dropped into bed deciding that maybe early magic hours wouldn't happen after all. So we adjusted the alarm and fell sound asleep. We both were sore since we'd had to wear flip flops due to the rain soaking our shoes. I don't know how anyone does Disney in flip-flops every day. Ouch!

Really enjoying your trip report! I'm going with DH and twin daughters (9) this August. Hope the rest of your trip is a blast!

I'm glad you are enjoying it. We had so much fun!

Forgot to mention - I grew up in Baltimore! Still have family there and visit a couple of times a year. I live outside of NYC now. Baltimore is a great town. Looking forward to reading more of your TR. We're going in August. Super excited!

Sorry for disappearing for a while. Life got kind of busy

Forgot to mention - I grew up in Baltimore! Still have family there and visit a couple of times a year. I live outside of NYC now. Baltimore is a great town. Looking forward to reading more of your TR. We're going in August. Super excited!

Glad you're enjoying it! I like living in Baltimore there is a lot of fun things to do in the area however I've never lived anywhere else.

Really enjoying your. Sounds like a great time so far.

We had such a wonderful trip. I'm going to try to work on finishing my report.

14719752954_55e3b74e8d_n.jpg
On Thursday morning we were exhausted so instead of enjoying a morning early Magic Hour like planned we reached the park around 10 am. Since it was supposed to rain heavily that day we left our camera back at the hotel so we didn't have to worry about it getting wet. We did have Bryan's work iphone for some pictures. We started the day by getting a picture taken in front of the castle by a Disney photographer. Unfortunately Patrick is scowling in all of the pictures. We still purchased one picture just so we’d have it. We then headed to the back of Fantasyland where we hadn't yet gotten a chance to visit. We wanted to do Barnstormer but Mary was still too short (by an inch) and Patrick refused to ride it.
14699149106_bb172c2902_n.jpg
So we moved on and did Dumbo instead with first playing in the Dumbo play area just because it's fun. Patrick was nervous about riding Dumbo and the first time he didn't want to go up high and kept it low. But at the end it brought us up high and he loved it. So we rode it again at his request.
Afterwards we headed over to the Tomorrowland Speedway because Patrick wanted to drive again. The line wasn't too long and we soon were in our cars. Bryan rode with Mary while I rode with Patrick. My wonderful husband warned me that our son can't drive. He was very right! Patrick liked to let go of the wheel or turn the opposite direction so the car would suddenly hit the end of the track and whip back. But he laughed the whole time and it was fun. Until the car in front of us stopped working and it started drizzling. We ended up having to use our car to push the other car back into the loading/unloading area. Then we hopped off and quickly hurried to the grandstand as the rain started coming down harder and harder. When it stopped we celebrated missing it and decided to get lunch.
14742020893_0ef90c5c72_n.jpg

14535502609_8d6715222f_n.jpg
We went to Friar's Nook. Bryan and I both got the Bacon Cheeseburger Mac and cheese, which was delicious while the kids split a regular mac and cheese with bread crumbs. It was seriously delicious and I actually would love to have some more right now. It's a simple enough idea so I probably should just make it at home. It poured while we were eating so we actually sat on the ground under cover. We stayed pretty dry except for Mary spilling her water all over herself.
After lunch we headed over to use our FastPass+ for Enchanted Tales with Belle. I had heard about this being a really cute and fun experience however my kids weren't into it. Patrick didn't want to participate and Mary was too young and wiggly. We made it through the show but both kids were antsy and not really into watching it. At the very end though both kids went up to meet Belle so they could get bookmarks. We didn't get any good pictures from the photopass photographer. My husband took some on his phone while I went up with the kids.
14535484270_db84597233_n.jpg

14535705387_0dfc56b339_n.jpg
After Enchanted Tales we headed over to the area with Peter Pan since we had an upcoming Fastpass+. I think we rode It's a Smallworld first then it started drizzling again so we ducked into Mickey's Philomagic. Both kids loved that show. There is something so amazing about watching your children bat at stuff during a 3D show. Even Mary sat perfectly still watching despite the fact that I don't think she really saw it well since the 3D glasses were just so big on her.
When we got out it was pouring again and that made leaving difficult. We ducked into the gift shop and looked around until the rain stopped. Then we headed over to Peter Pan and used our FP+s. Patrick was in heaven getting to ride it again. When we got off he asked to ride it again but Bryan didn't want to since his feet were hurting. So I let him take a break while I took both kids and waited in what was supposed to be a 50 minute line. It was well under that though and we were on the ride after only 20 minutes. Then the ride stopped working and we sat for around 10 minutes near the end where they have taken the pirate ship. It wasn't too bad since we were in a relatively well lit area and I think Mary was tired because she didn't fuss too much.
14535496239_3ec4df3a43_n.jpg
Bryan met us at the exit and we headed over to Buzz Lightyear Spin and used our FP+. I rode with Mary while Patrick rode with Bryan. We had a fun time on that ride as always and Patrick especially enjoyed shooting at Mary and me. I have such a sweet little boy. Afterwards it was raining again so we spent a little extra time in the gift shop and I purchased two photos of the ride since I wanted some pictures from this day despite not having our camera. We had the pictures sent back to our hotel since it was so wet outside.
The only time we got wet at all came next. We hurried through some light rain to Monsters INC. We went inside and had to wait for the next show. Mary was on my back and I was really hoping she'd fall asleep but no luck. When we arrived inside for the show she sat for a little while before the kids both started getting wiggly. I liked the show but it would have been more fun if I wasn't worried about holding onto a wiggly toddler. After we finished the rain had stopped.
14535486888_55d996e15d_n.jpg

14722137425_7fa5d662f8_n.jpg
We decided to go on one last ride the People Mover then we'd head back to the hotel.
The people mover was a lot of fun. I didn't realize it lasted so long and the part through Space Mountain was pretty neat. If we had more time then I would have ridden it again. Bryan was ready to leave after that ride so we headed back to our hotel. Since we had eaten lunch out that day we ate our sandwiches for dinner in the hotel. We'd left them there so we didn't have to worry about the lunchbox. We also had chips and blueberries with them. Naturally Bryan was still hungry after dinner but we put the kids to bed first then later he ran out to the hotel food court and picked up two create your own pastas. I had fettuccini Alfredo with chicken while he had spaghetti with marinara sauce and meatballs. We both got extra breadsticks and a salad. I wasn't able to finish mine but it was tasty although I would have liked more sauce with my pasta.
After we finished eating we headed to bed since we knew tomorrow would be a long day. Our last day of our trip, start of Star Wars weekend and we were planning on watching fireworks!

14762989528_4d8dc13087.jpg
The last day of our trip was also the start of Star Wars weekend. I wanted to get up really early and be waiting for a bus by 6:45 am. However Bryan is not a morning person and it took forever to get him up. We finally reached the bus stop a little after 7 am seeing a bus pull away. A new bus for Hollywood Studios didn't arrive until close to 7:30. We arrived at the park a little before 8 am. We'd really hoped to see rope drop but they were already open when we arrived. I suppose the benefit was that we didn't have a long line to go through the gates. Once we got in we headed to near Star Tours because that's where the meet and greets for the Rebel Alliance were supposed to be located. We found a long line and jumped into it.

14926609416_f01daa4938.jpg
It was for Chewbacca we found out so we stayed. Bryan bought Mary a Jedi Mickey but I returned it in favor of a stuffed Ewok while we waited for Chewbacca to arrive. We ended up waiting about an hour including the time we waited before Chewbacca appeared. Not too bad for such a big character.
The kids were scared when we reached the front of the line. I guess a Wookie is pretty intimidating when you're a preschooler. We managed to get a picture that the kids only look slightly afraid and he signed their autograph books.
I made a plan for the rest of the day while waiting in line but it had some more time to wander and find more Star Wars characters.
14763056477_6688e9afa1.jpg
We ended up not seeing any other Star Wars characters but while passing through Pixar saw a green army man. Patrick put on his Buzz costume to get his picture taken with the Green Army man and both kids got autographs.
14762987868_df661e6e49.jpg

14762987128_b0afdd48d0.jpg
Afterwards we decided to wait for Buzz and Woody so we could get a picture of Patrick in his Buzz costume with the real Buzz and Woody. We had lots of fun taking pictures with all the fun photo props in line to meet Buzz and Woody. Buzz loved meeting Buzz! It was definitely a highlight of our trip.
Afterwards we had to hurry over to the Indiana Jones Show since our FP+ for it were pretty late in the day and we were now planning to park hop to Magic Kingdom later. We managed to get in right before the show started. Mary was only wiggly during the explanations but enjoyed the explosions and action. Patrick was scared whenever there was fire. He hid his face for a lot of it. But he didn't cry and stayed on our laps. We knew that this would be the last time we'd get to see the show so it was a must-do on our list.
Once the show was finished it was just about 11 am so we headed over to get spots for the parade. We found a decent spot with room for the stroller. We were a few people back from the front but everyone was sitting when we first arrived so it seemed like a good spot. It also was right next to a walkway so we could head from there to Toy Story Mania for FP+s. We ate some lunch and also had a snack of popcorn while waiting for the parade. We were in a sunny spot so it was pretty hot but the weather overall that day was cool so it was bearable and the kids had their stroller for shade. When the parade started though everyone stood up and people crowded in pushing their way to get in front of us so we were much further back. It was a little frustrating since we had just spent quite a bit of time claiming our spot to loose it so quickly to people who just showed up as the parade started. Bryan put Patrick up on his shoulders so he could see but then a woman who came in at the last minute did the same with her daughter. Luckily a woman standing near us yelled at her and she moved so Patrick got to see some of the parade. Although we had a pretty poor view.
14946503431_e1060020f2.jpg
My husband was able to get some decent pictures holding his camera over his head. We ended up leaving when the celebrities started going past since those weren't as interesting for the children. We headed to Toy Story Mania, which Patrick rode in his Buzz costume.
Afterwards we did the Backlot Tour, which again Patrick didn't like the explosions in the show before the tour.
14762929720_9cb9c5b885.jpg

14763053407_f15cda1c5a.jpg
Then we saw the Cars characters and did a special photopass thing with Mary dressed like Yoda. It was supposed to have special affects but she didn't really cooperate although there is one picture that they were able to insert Darth Vader, which looks pretty cool. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it so instead there is a picture of Yoda and Buzz battling. Finally it was time for our late lunch.
14949252162_aa45173ce2.jpg
I had read suggestions to book a Table Service meal during a Star Wars weekend so that you can get a chance to cool off. Our ADR at the Sci-Fi Dine-in Café was for 1:50 and we arrived 15 minutes early like recommended. Then we waited and waited and waited. We weren't seated until nearly half an hour after our ADR time. Patrick enjoyed the idea of eating in a car, just like I'd hoped. However Mary was super wiggly and since there were other people behind us she wanted to go over and join them in their seat. It was a challenge to keep her seated. I ordered the veggie burger but found it too spicy for my liking. I also got a chocolate milkshake, which was delicious. I wished I had just ordered a regular burger silly me for trying to be a little more "healthy" by getting a veggie burger since I didn't really enjoy it. I also might have ordered it since it was cheaper and made me feel better about ordering a milkshake. After lunch we just missed the show of Disney Jr. Which was disappointing since we had to wait until the next one, which meant Bryan just sat down outside and waited in a shady spot while Mary slept. Patrick and I explored gift shops and found a set of Star Wars bath toys/figurines. I bought it on a whim since it seemed like something both kids would like and the figurines were big enough that they wouldn't be choking hazards like with a lot of Star Wars figurines.
We had FP+ for the show so we went ahead and lined up a little early in the FP+ area. When the doors open we went to the far right and got spots right up front. Mary was sound asleep on my back in the Ergo. While waiting for the show to start we discovered that Jessie was only available until 5:10 in Magic Kingdom. This meant we might not make it to meet her if we stayed for the show. Bryan wanted to leave but I begged him to stay and just see what happened with meeting Jessie. We stayed and once the show began we were all happy that we'd stayed since Patrick loved it. Mary woke up near the end and started really fussing so I got up and stood in the back where I could move around and bounce her on my back. When the show ended I was the first person out of the doors and grabbed the stroller meeting Bryan and Patrick as they exited. We ran to the exit and to the bus for Magic Kingdom. The bus was about to pull away so I had Bryan run ahead and ask them to wait. If we missed the bus then we would definitely miss Jessie.
On the bus we came up with a strategy to get into Magic Kingdom quickly and get Patrick to Jessie. Bryan would take the stroller, Patrick, the camera and his Buzz costume. While I would take Mary in the ergo and all of our bags. This way Bryan and Patrick could sail through without having to get bags checked. When we got off the bus they raced off while I shuffled along with multiple bags and a baby on my back.
14946501541_e4eee6fc1b.jpg
We managed to be one of the last people in line to see Jessie that day. We all met up at the line and I was able to put down all those bags with the stroller. Mary also got to meet Jessie but she wasn't as interested. And Patrick got to put on his Buzz costume while in line and meet Jessie while being dressed as Buzz. Oh Woody was there as well but we'd already met him twice so it was Jessie that we were really interested in meeting.
After we finished with meeting Jessie we headed over to Adventureland because I really wanted to try a Dole Whip. Bryan waited with the kids in the shade while I waited in a sunny line. The Dole Whip was really refreshing although I wouldn't call it life changing and I'm not desperate to have another one.
14763051887_d5d77f28aa.jpg
After our little snack (at dinnertime) we rode the Magic Carpet ride and then parked the stroller and got on the train. The train was one of the rides we knew the kids had wanted to do all week and we kept postponing it.
After we disembarked from the train we headed into Fantasyland. We had discussed riding Dumbo again but the wait was 40 minutes. Bryan wanted to go on Astro-orbiter so we headed over and waited around 30 minutes for that ride. After that we started deciding about the Electrical Parade. I wanted to see it again but Bryan didn't see it as a necessary thing. We ended up getting in line to ride Buzz Lightyear Spin again. The line was promised to be 20 minutes but the ride kept breaking down and we waited over an hour to the point that we wouldn't be able to get a decent spot for the parade. We had lunch around 9:00 that night instead. I wanted to return to Friar's Nook but they were closed so instead we headed over to Pinocchio Village Haus. I got a Cesar Chicken Salad. It wasn't that great and I ended up eating some of Mary's mac and cheese kids' meal. We sat above where It's a Small World boats load and the children enjoyed waving to people as they headed off. After he finished eating Bryan went to get our stroller from Frontierland. The kids finished up quicker then I expected so we three rode Small World for our last ride of the trip. Bryan met us at the exit and we headed over to Tomorrowland to watch Wishes fireworks. Then we hurried out of the park and boarded a bus. On the bus ride back Patrick fell asleep with his head on a random girl who was very kind about it. It was a crowded bus but our driver was really nice and kept everyone laughing. Mary fussed for awhile then we handed her Ewok to her. She immediately fell asleep.
14762914689_96a1432f99.jpg
When we arrived back at the hotel the kids were both completely out. We changed them and put them into bed barely waking them up at all. Typically our kids are relatively light sleepers so this was quite amazing. Disney exhausted them! We went to bed that night sad that our time in Disney was over. Such a wonderful trip.

14763230507_9dbfff00c4.jpg
On the way home we split it into two days and left Disney around 11 am. The kids snacked in the car so we didn't stop for lunch until 2 pm. We pushed through not really making many stops until around 7 pm the kids were pretty tired from being at Disney. We got Chipotle for dinner near our hotel for the night in Florence, SC. We splurged on hotels that night and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express (it was an awesome hotel but $130) with an indoor pool. The kids were once again quite wound up from being in the car all day so we had them swim for over an hour. The next morning we overslept since my husband had set the alarm for PM instead of AM so we woke up at 9. We had breakfast at the hotel (it was included) and got on the road by 11 am. We had to stop for gas before we left SC. The kids slept for awhile during the morning and we'd all eaten a big breakfast so we didn't stop until we reached a McDonald's right past the Virginia line. It didn't have a play area though so we kept going to the next one, which did have a play area. The kids played while I ordered lunch and then Patrick played while the rest of us ate since Mary didn't want to keep playing once she saw the food. We hit the road again only to hit traffic around Fredericksburg. We ended up taking 301 home since 95 was crawling. Overall it was a really amazing trip and the biggest question for us is when we're going to go back not if we'll return to Disney. Our plan is to wait around four to five years so that both kids are a lot bigger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter