I'm Tired of Sweating--9/8-9/20 Quick TR

natfrac

Mouseketeer
A quick trip report for our 9/8-9/20 stay at BWV. Cast of characters were myself, DH and adult DS in one room, plus Cousin, his wife and their adult son in another. We've gone to WDW in September before, but this year the heat and humidity seemed oppressive. Our last couple of days were tolerable, but until then even the evenings were stifling.

BWV--rooms were good, for the most part. We requested upper floor, close to elevator and I would say the rooms met our requests. We did not have the dispenser type of soap/shampoo, which was nice. I packed bar soap since I don't like body wash, but soap was provided. The only real negative to our rooms were the people next to my cousin's room. It was a family with screaming children. Literally screaming. The noise woke my cousin's family up every morning, and since this was an all adult trip, we were out late and wanted to sleep in a bit. The room I was in was down at the end of the hall about 10 doors away, and I would hear the noise coming from that room as soon as I stepped out into the hallway. I understand kids have their moments, but this was insane. Unfortunately, that family was there for the duration of our stay.

We had security checks every day that we did not have trash service. Annoying, but nothing we can do about it. I will say the person they have doing just trash service is kind of off-putting. He's the same gentleman that was there on our last trip and his main goal seems to be looking for suspicious activity instead of picking up trash. One day we asked if his visit also satisfied the security visit and he immediately jumped to--do you need security? And we had to talk him down a bit. Just odd.

Dining--For some reason the food seemed very salty this trip. Maybe it was the heat, but sometimes it was a bit much. Yachtsman was good, as was 50's Prime Time. We also enjoyed the bars at Yak &Yeti (Asian Tacos were so good), Nomad Lounge, and the Brown Derby. I was disappointed in Skipper's Canteen this trip. Last time I had the Tastes Like Chicken Cause it Is, it was so good. This time, I was not a fan. They changed the sauce and now it just overpowers the dish. We also had drinks at Oga's Canteen--that was fun. The Cast Members were great and the drinks were interesting.

We were pleasantly surprised by the availability of straws (mostly paper). I packed straws, but rarely needed them. The only places without straws were quick service, but at least we were able to gets lids for the cups.

We did not take advantage of EEMH, but we did not feel the need. Lines were very manageable during the evening for anything we didn't fast pass. DH, DS, and I sprung for the DAH at MK, 9/12 and 9/19. This paid event is so worth it, that we do this every trip. We love just being able to walk through the park without being run over by strollers. There were a few families, but mostly adults and non-stroller kids.

Galaxy's Edge--loved the look and feel of the land, even though it's really hot back in there. The shops are more like a open marketplace, so they don't have air conditioning. Maybe it adds to the authenticity, but we were cooking. The Smuggler's Run ride was disappointing. Felt like Star Tours, except we had a 6 year old pilot who crashed into everything. For us, it was a one and done.

The lesson learned from this trip is the heat and humidity trumped the lower crowds. We will never go in September again.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Glad you had some good experiences during your trip! We have only visited the parks in March, November and December so was interesting to learn that even though September has lower crowds, the heat is not worth booking then. (We lived for 6 months in Kissimmee from August to December and couldn't take the humidity either.) I had to chuckle at the Smuggler's Run ride comment - I can imagine it was quite the bumpy ride with a 6 year old pilot! We will be at WDW in 27 days so hopefully the weather will have cooled down some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!