"I'm THIS Old." - A June/July 2019 DLP TR! *COMPLETED 9/19

103 Degrees in Paris!
Day 2, Part 2: Saturday June 29th, 2019

After wandering through the gardens for a bit, we started walking in the direction of the Pantheon!

It took us maybe 20 minutes or so to walk down to the Pantheon. We decided that we didn’t want to pay €10 to go inside, so we just enjoyed looking at the outside.

We also got our first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower!

From the Pantheon, we wandered further into the Latin Quarter toward an old Roman amphitheater/arena.

The architecture along the way was just so pretty!

Eventually, we made it to the Roman arena.

From the Roman arena, we made our way down to Notre Dame. I was so sad when I heard about the fire because this was something that I was really looking forward to. It was still cool to see it from the outside, though, even with all the scaffolding.

We wandered around the entirety of the building, looking for a specific ice cream shop that someone had recommended to me. Unfortunately, my phone chose this moment to stop working entirely, and we couldn’t find this ice cream shop. It honestly became pretty stressful. It was so hot, and I was starting to feel panicky because I wasn’t sure where the metro station was either. Thankfully, we had picked up a city map at the DLP train station before we left, so we were able to use that to find the Notre Dame station.

It was around 2:15pm when we got to the metro station. Our plan had been to stay in the city for most of the day, but we were hot and exhausted and knew that we wouldn’t enjoy it if we tried to stay out. So, we hopped on the RER B and began the journey back to DLP.

When we got back to the DLP station, we were starting to feel hungry, so we walked into Disney Village and went down to Earl of Sandwich. We decided to get our sandwiches to go and just take them back to the hotel. I got a cannonball sandwich—AKA a meatball sub. Sandwich in hand, I walked down to Starbucks to get a drink. I was surprised that they didn’t have any passion tea, so I got a peach citrus green tea instead that was very good.

S met up with me outside Starbucks, and then we headed off to the bus stop. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a bus, so it was a little after 4:00 when we finally got back to our room. I took a quick shower before sitting down to eat my sandwich.

Unsurprisingly, S and I both fell asleep after we ate. We woke up a couple hours later, and we spent the night in our hotel room relaxing. While it was not exactly what we had planned for the night, it was honestly very nice and very needed!

My Fitbit report:

That stinks that it was so crazy crowded for the catacombs!

The Luxembourg gardens look beautiful!

Great photos outside the Pantheon!

I'm sure relaxing at the hotel was much needed!

Great start to the trip. Sorry Paris was a bit of a bust with the heat and the long lines but what pictures you got look great.

I'm super nervous to figure out the train situation! My husband travels to Europe all the time, but I never have! He expects me to get from Heathrow to central London on my own! At least he'll be with me on the EuroStar!

We used this station on our trip to London last year and it seems like it's really easy to navigate so I don't think you'll have any trouble finding where you need to be.

Does the App show wait times like in the States?
Yes there is an App showing wait times like they have for WDW

Last edited:

That stinks that it was so crazy crowded for the catacombs!

The Luxembourg gardens look beautiful!

Great photos outside the Pantheon!

I'm sure relaxing at the hotel was much needed!

I knew it would probably be crowded with it being a Saturday, but I still cannot figure out why we waited so long without moving! Crazy. S and I both said we had no regrets about getting out of line, though.

Thank you so much! :)

Great start to the trip. Sorry Paris was a bit of a bust with the heat and the long lines but what pictures you got look great.

We still had another day to spend in the city, and--spoiler alert--it went much better!

"I'm THIS Old."
Day 3: Sunday June 30th, 2019

This morning my alarm went off at 6:55. Despite our evening of rest the night before, S and I both had a hard time getting up, so we were a little behind schedule getting down to breakfast. Not surprisingly, breakfast was much busier than it had been yesterday.

We ate our fill at the buffet and then headed out to the bus stop. A bus got there about 5 minutes after us, and, thankfully, it wasn’t super full. Before long, we were getting off the bus at DLP! Bag check took no time at all, and we were second in line at the turnstiles at Walt Disney Studios at 9:10am.

Official park opening was at 10 (with EMH at 9), but I had read online that they usually let people in around 9:30. Fortunately for us, that was true, and they unlocked the gates at 9:25!

Ok so I am completely obsessed with the entrance to Walt Disney Studios. It reminds me a lot of the beginning of the Great Movie Ride (RIP), and it was just so cute!!

We hurried straight back to Ratatouille to try to get on before the line was too long. The standby was already at 30 minutes when we got back there, so we decided to grab fastpasses for 10:05am instead.

Since we had a little time, we wandered through the Toy Story Playland area to take some pictures.

Then we headed back up toward the front, taking lots of pictures along the way.

We made our way back into the Ratatouille section, and I wandered into the Chez Marianne shop. I ended up buying this super cute pin!

Sorry to hear there was such a long line at the catacombs! But it sounds like you made the right decision by getting out of line.

Disney Studios looks like fun. Can't wait to hear what you thought of the Ratatouille ride!

Sorry to hear there was such a long line at the catacombs! But it sounds like you made the right decision by getting out of line.

Disney Studios looks like fun. Can't wait to hear what you thought of the Ratatouille ride!

We definitely were not prepared for the crowds that day, especially in that heat! But we felt like we made the best of it and made the best choice for us. :)

I really loved Walt Disney Studios! It reminded me a lot of old-school MGM.

The pics in Toy Story Land are so cute! Off to a good start!

Thanks so much! :)

"I'm THIS Old."
Day 3, Part 2: Sunday June 29th, 2019

Then it was time for our Ratatouille FPs! This ride was really cute and fun, but definitely a little disorienting. It was a lot like the Spiderman and Transformers rides at Universal Islands of Adventure.

From there, we decided to get on the Studio Tram Tour. It had a 20 minute posted wait time, and I think we waited about 15. This was a super nostalgic thing for both of us since it was just like the old Backlot Tour, complete with Catastrophe Canyon!

We got off the tram tour and headed straight into the amphitheater next to it for the 11:30 Motors…Action Stunt Show! It bothered me a little bit that this version didn’t have the “Lights” in the name, but the show itself was exactly like I remembered it.

I’ve been seeing all these memes and pictures on social media of nostalgic items with the caption “I’m this old.” At one point, I looked at S and said, “I’m THIS old: I remember when this show featured Herbie instead of Lightning McQueen!” :rotfl:

Nice that they still have some elements we lost from DHS in Paris! I especially miss the Studio Backlot Tour.

Your romper is so cute!

Then it was time for our Ratatouille FPs! This ride was really cute and fun, but definitely a little disorienting. It was a lot like the Spiderman and Transformers rides at Universal Islands of Adventure.

Hmm, I haven't been on either of those rides at USO yet, I'll have to go when I'm there next week. Kinda disappointing it's disorienting, Ratatouille is one of my faves. I'm excited to ride it when it opens at WDW!

Sorry the lines in Paris were terrible and that it was so hot! We had the opposite experience last week- I was freezing!

We also did Philharmagic- I loved it- but I missed the Smells!

Nice that they still have some elements we lost from DHS in Paris! I especially miss the Studio Backlot Tour.

It was fun to see a lot of those more nostalgic elements!!

Your romper is so cute!

Aww thank you so much!!

Hmm, I haven't been on either of those rides at USO yet, I'll have to go when I'm there next week. Kinda disappointing it's disorienting, Ratatouille is one of my faves. I'm excited to ride it when it opens at WDW!

I'm not sure if the one opening in Epcot is the same as the one in DLP or not. It was super cute and fun, but definitely not something I could ride several times in a row!

Sorry the lines in Paris were terrible and that it was so hot! We had the opposite experience last week- I was freezing!

We also did Philharmagic- I loved it- but I missed the Smells!

Oh goodness! I didn't realize it had cooled down that much over there!

I think the WDW version and the DLP version of Philharmagic need to combine, and then everything would be perfect haha!

"I'm THIS Old."
Day 3, Part 3: Sunday June 30th, 2019

After the stunt show, we made our way over to get in line for the 12:55pm Mickey and the Magician. We got in line about half an hour before the show started, which worked pretty well. We got great seats!

S and I both really loved this show! It was so cute, and I really think it was one of my favorite things we did in the parks.

After the show was over, we made our way back to the front of the park to get some lunch.

It was right around 1:30, and it was SO crowded. It was honestly kind of insane. We waited in line for like 25 minutes just to order. S and I both decided to get the chicken burger (also known as a chicken sandwich). Even after we got our food, it was difficult to find a table, but we did finally find somewhere to sit. We both really enjoyed our sandwiches!

After we finished eating, we wandered through the stores at the park entrance before heading out of the park.

We spent some time wandering through the stores in Disney Village. We went to World of Disney first.

Then the Disney Store.

Then the Art of Disney Store.

And then Disney Fashion.

In all of those stores, I only found a couple of black spirit jerseys, and they were all XL, which just wouldn’t really work for me and my short self. :confused3 :laughing:

So sorry you couldn't find a Black Spirit jersey. I tried to talk my hubby into letting me buy one, but we just didn't have the suitcase room- carry on only!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!