"I'm THIS Old." - A June/July 2019 DLP TR! *COMPLETED 9/19

Welcome to France!
Day 1, Part 3: Friday June 28th, 2019

Once we had finished eating, we made our way out onto Main Street to get our first real look at Sleeping Beauty Castle!

There’s a little landing off to the left of the castle, and every time we walked by there was hardly anyone over there. It makes for really great pictures!

We decided to go down the little path underneath the castle to see the dragon! It was super cool and even a little creepy!

From there we got in line for Blanche Neige et les Sept Nains—Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs!

The standby line was posted at 10 minutes, and we probably waited right around that. This was a cute little dark ride—it reminded me of Snow White’s Scary Adventure that used to be in MK in Florida!

Last edited:

We walked through a gift shop before heading back to IaSW. The façade for this ride is just beautiful!

The standby wait time was posted at 10 minutes, but it was basically a walk on.

Last edited:

From there, we decided to just keep wandering through the park and do/ride things as we came upon them. We headed into Alice’s Curious Labyrinth next. It was super cute, but not really much of a maze.

We walked from there into Adventureland, and of course we had to stop and take pictures with the pirate ship!

Pirates of the Caribbean had a 10 minute wait, so we hopped in line for that. We were confused when the boat started climbing up a rather large hill at the beginning of the ride—surely there wouldn’t be a drop that big on Pirates? We had to laugh when we got to the top, and it was a complete fake-out! When we did finally go down the little drop, we got super wet, but it was so hot out that we dried pretty quickly.

After we got off the ride, we decided to wander through Adventure Isle. Those caves just seem to go on forever, and you could very easily get lost back there!

Last edited:

The view from your hotel room is so gorgeous!!

The front of Disneyland Park is HUGE, holy heck.

I'm so jealous you saw the dragon under Sleeping Beauty castle, that's such a cool and unique part of DLP!

iasw :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Looks like a super chill, non-busy day at the park! I'm so excited to see what else you do!

Your hotel looks gorgeous and the room does look big!

The bus situation sounds annoying but you made it!

Gorgeous photos- can't wait to read more.

Looks like so much fun! Can't wait to hear about the rest 😊

Also, seems like DLP is very similar to Disneyland. It's fun to compare all the different parks!

We had such an amazing time!! Hopefully I'll get another update out soon. :)

From everything I've read, the two are definitely similar in size, but I have never visited Disneyland, so that's as much as I know!

Great pics in front of the castle! You were off to a great start!

Aww thank you!

It looks so beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Does the App show wait times like in the States?

Yes! DLP has its own app that has the map and wait times like the WDW app. The wait times were fairly accurate for the most part, too!

The view from your hotel room is so gorgeous!!

The front of Disneyland Park is HUGE, holy heck.

I'm so jealous you saw the dragon under Sleeping Beauty castle, that's such a cool and unique part of DLP!

iasw :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Looks like a super chill, non-busy day at the park! I'm so excited to see what else you do!

We could not get over the view! It was such a nice surprise to walk into!

I am seriously obsessed with that entrance. It is just gorgeous!!

Seeing the dragon was on the top of my list for this trip. It was one of the coolest things ever!

I really loved DLP's version of Small World. Side note--I am so excited about the idea of the addition of the characters to IASW in WDW!!!

We tried really hard not to burn ourselves out on the first day!

Great photos, look forward to reading more :)

Thank you so much!

Your hotel looks gorgeous and the room does look big!

The bus situation sounds annoying but you made it!

Gorgeous photos- can't wait to read more.

We really loved our hotel! I definitely can understand why people spend the money to stay at one of DLP's hotels (mostly because of the buses), but the Dream Castle was wonderful and a great way to stick to a budget!

Hi friends! It's been a crazy few weeks (as evidenced by my lack of activity here on the DIS). Now, I am officially moved into my first apartment, :cool1: and things are starting to settle back down. Let's get on with this TR!

Welcome to France!
Day 1, Part 4: Friday June 28th, 2019

We decided to head over to Discoveryland, since that was the one part of the park we hadn’t seen yet.

When we got over there, we got our first fastpasses of the trip for Buzz Lightyear at 9:10pm!

Then, we hopped in line for Mickey’s Philharmagic! We were pretty surprised by how few people were at the theater, especially since it’s brand new to DLP. The only thing we could think of was that people don’t realize it’s back there since it’s kind of tucked out of sight.

We loved Philharmagic, of course. The show was exactly the same as the one in WDW, other than the switching back and forth from French to English. It was very obvious that it was a brand new attraction, though, because the film was much better quality. I also really enjoyed the additional 4D effects with the moving floor! This Philharmagic, though, was missing one very important thing: Donald’s butt! Donald still got shot out of the tuba at the end, but there was no duck butt hanging out of the wall, which was pretty disappointing.

After Philharmagic, we decided to head back to Main Street to get some ice cream at Gibson Girl, but it was closed. So, we decided to wander through the shops on Main Street instead. I was in search of a black spirit jersey, but all I could find was the rose gold.

Soon, it was time for our Buzz FPs! It’s really interesting to play with laser blasters that aren’t attached to the car—I thought it would be easier, but I actually felt like it was harder. My score definitely stunk!

At this point, we were pretty exhausted. We had been up since 4:00am, after all. So, we made our way out of the park. I walked through World of Disney quickly, but still didn’t see a black spirit jersey. Then, we made our way over to Annette’s Diner’s to-go window. I got a chocolate shake, and S got a burger and fries to take back to the hotel. Then, we made our way out to the bus stop.

It was a little before 10:30 when we got back to our room. I took a shower and called my mom and spent some time looking up the train lines we’d need for our adventures tomorrow. No surprise, though, that I crashed really hard not long after I laid down!

My Fitbit report:

Last edited:
We loved Philharmagic, of course. The show was exactly the same as the one in WDW, other than the switching back and forth from French to English. It was very obvious that it was a brand new attraction, though, because the film was much better quality. I also really enjoyed the additional 4D effects with the moving floor!

Sounds really interesting!!! It would be AWESOME if we got a moving floor upgrade in Orlando!

This Philharmagic, though, was missing one very important thing: Donald’s butt! Donald still got shot out of the tuba at the end, but there was no duck butt hanging out of the wall, which was pretty disappointing.

Nvm I hate DLP's Philharmagic now

Soon, it was time for our Buzz FPs! It’s really interesting to play with laser blasters that aren’t attached to the car—I thought it would be easier, but I actually felt like it was harder.

This trend of "rides-that-are-like-other-rides-but-different" has me SO interested

I walked through World of Disney quickly, but still didn’t see a black spirit jersey.

Now I'm super invested in your quest to find a black spirit jersey!!!!

Awesome, AWESOME day at DLP! I love this report so far!!!

Sounds really interesting!!! It would be AWESOME if we got a moving floor upgrade in Orlando!

I agree!! If nothing else, the film quality needs some help!

Nvm I hate DLP's Philharmagic now

My thoughts exactly. It kind of ruined it for me. Still fun, but it was missing something!

This trend of "rides-that-are-like-other-rides-but-different" has me SO interested

It was really interesting, and it was fun to experience all the differences!

Now I'm super invested in your quest to find a black spirit jersey!!!!

Awesome, AWESOME day at DLP! I love this report so far!!!

Aww thank you!! :D

Sounds like the rest of your day was great! I'm sure you were exhausted!

It was such a fun day, but we definitely were exhausted!

*Disclaimer: This was one of two days we spent in the actual city of Paris, so if you're not interested in the non-Disney portions of this trip, please feel free to skip over the next few updates!

103 Degrees in Paris!
Day 2: Saturday June 29th, 2019

This morning, my alarm went off at 6:40am. S and I got up and ready to go before heading down to breakfast a little before 8:00. We had gotten a deal on our hotel room that included breakfast, which was really great. The breakfast buffet was huge, and everything was really good!

My plate:

After we finished eating, we checked the bus board and saw that we had about 25 minutes before a bus would arrive, so we wandered outside to take some pictures.

Then, we headed out to the bus stop. The board said the bus was due at 8:45, but it actually arrived at 8:35. Fortunately for us, there was no one on the bus that early, unlike in the middle of the afternoon yesterday. Pretty soon, we were at the train station! We made our way inside and bought our Mobilis passes. These allowed us to get on any form of public transportation (bus, metro, or RER) in all five zones of Paris for the entire day. I think they were around €18 each, but it was definitely worth it.

I had researched what train lines and stops we needed last night, and we found the platform with no problems. We had to wait about 10 minutes, and then we got on the RER A line toward Poissy just before 9:00am. We rode for about an hour and then got off at Châtelet Les Halles to transfer to the RER B line toward Robinson. The B trains were running a few minutes behind, so we waited about 10 minutes for it.

We got off at Denfert-Rochereau, which wasn’t that long of a ride. Our destination was just across the street from the train station: the catacombs!

The catacombs was something that S really wanted to do, so we had planned to get there right when they opened to try and minimize our waiting. Well, we arrived at 10:10 (the catacombs opened at 10), and the line was already wrapped all the way around the block.

We hopped in it anyway, shocked by how hot it was already (thank you European heat wave). The line…moved (?) occasionally. It was pretty inconsistent. After an hour, we were still really far away from the door, and we couldn’t figure out why the line wasn’t moving.

After another half hour or so, S decided she was done. She said that she was so hot and frustrated that she probably wouldn’t have enjoyed the catacombs anyway. So, we got out of the line and went to the McDonald’s down the street to get something cold to drink. The moral of the story? If you’re in Paris and you want to go to the catacombs, just pay the €30 for the skip-the-line ticket.

After getting something to drink at McDonald’s, we got back on the RER B line to head toward our next stop. We rode for just a few minutes and got off at Luxembourg. When we came out of the train station, the Luxembourg Gardens were right beside it, so we decided to wander through it.

Sorry the catacombs were a bust!

The Luxembourg photos are gorgeous!

Sorry the catacombs were a bust!

The Luxembourg photos are gorgeous!

I felt really bad for S since the catacombs were something she really wanted to do! She said she felt bad for me because we had waited in line for so long...I definitely think we made the right call though

Thank you so much! The gardens weren't on our list of plans for the day, but it was a fun surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!