"I'm THIS Old." - A June/July 2019 DLP TR! *COMPLETED 9/19

Awesome pictures- both from the top of the Arc and from the Eiffel Tower! We only went up to the 2nd floor of the Tower. I was fine at first, but then started feeling panicky... We barely got to look on the 1st floor because I just wanted to get down! (We were up there for about 2 hours, so at least I made it that long- I think it was made worse because my husband made me walk down the stairs between the 2nd and 1st levels!)

Awesome pictures- both from the top of the Arc and from the Eiffel Tower! We only went up to the 2nd floor of the Tower. I was fine at first, but then started feeling panicky... We barely got to look on the 1st floor because I just wanted to get down! (We were up there for about 2 hours, so at least I made it that long- I think it was made worse because my husband made me walk down the stairs between the 2nd and 1st levels!)

Aw thank you! I got a little panicky in the elevator, but I honestly feel like the stairs would have been worse. And 2 hours is a long time!!

Beautiful pics from the top of the tower!!

Thank you so much! :D

The One with the Best Meal Ever!
Day 4, Part 4: Monday July 1st, 2019

We found the dock for our river cruise and waited. This was something we had been really looking forward to, because we were meeting up with two of our friends, who I’ll call M and H, who had also been on our study abroad program! The two of them had traveled to Paris (obviously) at the end of our program as well, but they were staying in the city and focusing more on the art museums and things.

Pretty soon, our friends arrived, and we got in line for the 7:00pm Seine River Cruise! This was something else that we had bought our tickets for before we even left Oxford. It was €15 per person for the hour long cruise, which was definitely worth it in our opinions!

We all really enjoyed the cruise! It was a really fun way to see a lot of the city and a lot of the major landmarks without having to do all the walking. And it was so fun to get to do with friends!

M and H had made an 8:30 dinner reservation at the recommendation of someone at their hotel, but it was 8:15 before we got off of the boat. We decided to try to go anyway and just see if they could work us in since none of our phones were working.

We made our way over to the metro station and got on the RER C train. We made it to the restaurant a little before 9:00, and they were able to seat us anyway. I’m pretty sure the guy thought we were stupid Americans, but there really wasn’t a whole lot we could have done since we didn’t have the ability to call.

We were eating at Bistro d’Yves, and we knew it was going to be good because locals were eating there and not just tourists.

I got the cut of beef with peppercorn sauce, which was beyond wonderful.

I think that is the only time I have ever finished my entire steak at a restaurant. It was just that phenomenal.

Then for dessert…sigh. Dark chocolate lava cake. This was seriously the best thing I have ever eaten. I cut into it with my spoon, and chocolate just poured out of it. I ate every last bite of it, too.

If you can’t tell, I really really loved this meal.

It was so much fun to get to spend that time with our friends and enjoy amazing food together. It was a perfect ending to our time in the city!

We all walked together to the metro station and got a number 2 train to get back to the Charles de Gaulle Etoile station. There the four of us said our goodbyes and split up to go back to our respective hotels. S and I got on the RER A a little after 10:00pm.

We got back to the DLP station right as the fireworks were ending in the park, which meant it was absolute chaos at the bus stops. Then we got extra confused because our stop had changed! It had been Stop E the entire time we had been there, and now the buses were suddenly pulling up to Stop D. It was super bizarre. It was honestly super horrible because people were pushing and shoving and yelling because of the lack of an actual line.

We finally got on the third bus, and we made it back to our room right around midnight. Since it was only 5pm back home, I talked to my mom for a minute before taking a shower and absolutely crashing!

My Fitbit report:

The river cruise sounds like it was a lot of fun and your dinner looked delicious! Sounds like such a perfect night :)

"Can't the Bus Drive Have His Lunch While He's Driving?"
Day 5: Tuesday July 2nd, 2019

It had come before we knew it. Our last day. I think it was made easier by the fact that it was not just our last day in DLP, but also our last day abroad. We had been away from home for almost 7 weeks at this point, and both S and I were ready to be back in the States. But first, we had one more magical day ahead of us!

Our alarms went off around 7:00am, and we packed a little bit as we got ready to go for the day. We went down to breakfast just after 8:00.

After we ate, I ran back upstairs to grab my water before we headed out to the bus. It was right around 8:45 when we got on a bus, and we were getting in line at the turnstiles at Disneyland Park just about 15 minutes later. This was FAR more chaotic than what it had been like at rope drop at WDS. People were pushing and shoving and it was just nuts.

Once again, they opened the gates at 9:25, but the people in front of us were having issues with their tickets or something, so it took us a few minutes to get inside. Once we did, we high-tailed it to BTMRR and hopped in the 15 minute standby line right around 9:40.

Oh my goodness. This was so much fun! BTMRR is my favorite ride in WDW, and the DLP version certainly did not disappoint! We both absolutely loved it.

*Side Note: DLP's version has a ride photo, so I know it is possible. Get it together, WDW.

When we got off the ride, we went ahead and grabbed FPs for 10:45-11:15 before heading off to Peter Pan. It had a 30 minute posted wait, which was the shortest we’d seen it, so we went ahead and got in line. Fortunately, we only waited about 15 minutes.

This is another one that’s practically identical to the WDW version, but I will say that I definitely felt like the pirate ships moved much faster in the DLP version. Regardless, it’s a classic and one of my favorites.

We made a quick bathroom stop before heading back over to BTMRR to use our FPs!

We got done over at BTMRR just in time to catch the 11:00 Jungle Book Jive, which was unique to the Lion King/Jungle Book themed festival that they had going on while we were there. It was so colorful and fun! We really enjoyed it!

Great pictures from Paris. I loved the jungle book jive when we were there. It was so colourful and soooo much going on at it.

Great day so far

That last day really was a lot of fun!

Great pictures from Paris. I loved the jungle book jive when we were there. It was so colourful and soooo much going on at it.

Thanks so much! I was so excited when I realized that we would be there for the festival--we really loved it!

WHat a fun morning!!

BTMRR was definitely my favorite ride, not that I was surprised by that!

"Can't the Bus Driver Have His Lunch While He's Driving?"
Day 5, Part 2: Tuesday July 2nd, 2019

After the Jungle Book Jive, we tried to do the storybook walkthrough inside the castle, but it was roped off, so we made our way over to Pinocchio. This was one of the rare occasions where we waited longer than the posted wait time. It was posted at 20 minutes, and we waited closer to 35.

At this point, I was starting to get hungry, so we walked from there over to Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost.

I got in line and got a cheese pizza, but S decided she wasn’t that hungry and didn’t get anything. I have to say, this was actually really good pizza! And it definitely hit the spot.

Once I had finished my lunch, we made our way out of the park. We decided to stop at World of Disney to get the souvenirs we wanted so that we didn’t have to carry them around later. Since I was never able to find a black spirit jersey, I ended up getting a rose gold one, which I really do love!

I also bought a Stitch plushie and a DLP pin.

Purchases in hand, we made our way out of Disney Village and out to the bus stop. It was a little after 1:30 when we got over there, and there were several other people waiting, too. There was a family next to us with two little girls, and one of them started asking where the bus was.

Her: Where’s the bus?

Her Dad: The bus driver is having his lunch, so he can’t drive a bus right now.

Her: Can’t the bus driver have his lunch while he’s driving?

:rotfl:

It was so cute and so so funny!

It was right around 2:00 when we finally got on a bus.

"Can't the Bus Driver Have His Lunch While He's Driving?"
Day 5, Part 3: Tuesday July 2nd, 2019

We got back to our hotel and crashed for a couple of hours. S ended up taking a quick shower and ordering something to eat from room service. We checked in for our flight and got re-ready to go back into the park.

It was just before 6:30 when we were walking back into Disneyland. Our first stop was to walk over to BTMRR and try to get a FP, but they were all gone and the standby was posted at 70 minutes. So, we headed back to Main Street and got some ice cream at Gibson Girl!

Then, we wandered up to Sleeping Beauty Castle and walked through the storybook thing inside of it. This was one of my favorite little details in DLP, and you could even walk outside on the castle balcony!

Last edited:

From there, we decided to head back to IaSW, which was basically a walk on.

After that, we made our way over to Pirates. It had a 30 minute posted wait time, but I think we waited about 20 or so. All I got was horribly blurry pictures, so I won't subject y'all to that. :laughing:

We made a quick bathroom stop before heading back toward Main Street. All week we had wanted to take some pictures on the wall leading up to the castle, so we figured now was as good a time as any.

It was about 8:30 or so at this point, and people were already staking out spots for Illuminations, so we decided to claim our spot as well. I had done a lot of reading about where we should be to get the best view, and everything I had read said that you wanted to be on the right side of the Hub so that the wall didn’t get in your way. That, combined with my WDW rule of standing right behind a fence so that no one could stand in front of me, put us in the perfect spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!