I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fight.

There was at least one thread about it, and that one mentioned a previous one about it getting removed, but I don't know if that's true. I know it was in my watched threads & then it wasn't.

If they have police on the premises at all times ready and waiting, why weren’t they dispatched to the scene instead of the Disney security that isn’t allowed to do anything? Oh, I don’t blame the CM & the majority of the onlookers for not jumping in.
You are 100% correct and this type of thing doesn’t happen very often. Luckily this specific family was only interested on beating on each other and not innocent bystanders.
Unfortunately, We have seen it more times than we can count where psychopaths have shot up public places where they can do the most damage. I don’t think have police presence would be a bad thing. Minutes even seconds can mean the difference between life and death in an active shooter situation. I truly hate going to worse case scenario but that is the world we live in now.

They were dispatched to the scene. They arrived very soon after the video ended. They still have to get from where they are backstage to inside the park, which takes a few minutes.

If they have police on the premises at all times ready and waiting, why weren’t they dispatched to the scene instead of the Disney security that isn’t allowed to do anything? Oh, I don’t blame the CM & the majority of the onlookers for not jumping in.
You are 100% correct and this type of thing doesn’t happen very often. Luckily this specific family was only interested on beating on each other and not innocent bystanders.
Unfortunately, We have seen it more times than we can count where psychopaths have shot up public places where they can do the most damage. I don’t think have police presence would be a bad thing. Minutes even seconds can mean the difference between life and death in an active shooter situation. I truly hate going to worse case scenario but that is the world we live in now.
If it happens more often I can see them bolstering security but I think they're hoping it's an extremely isolated incident and we shouldn't expect to see something like this happen again for awhile (not to mention... hiring more security or training existing staff to take more responsibility would probably cost millions of dollars that they'd rather not spend if they don't have to). I know theme parks keep track of accidents and injuries but do they also release a report about crimes on site? Because my guess is that it's incredibly low. I don't think I've ever seen an incident of any type in any of the Disney parks I've gone to.

They were dispatched to the scene. They arrived very soon after the video ended. They still have to get from where they are backstage to inside the park, which takes a few minutes.
That’s good. I didn’t see that part. It was still a good 10 minutes from start to finish before anyone with any power to do anything arrived. Most people going to Disney are civilized and chances are something like this won’t happen again anytime soon. It’s not a family fight that makes me nervous, it’s someone who has to intention of hurting/killing bystanders that does.
I don’t know where I got it from and it sounds naïve typing it out but I was always under the impression that there was cameras and security everywhere and if there was ever a problem, it would be taken care of before it got out of hand.

If it happens more often I can see them bolstering security but I think they're hoping it's an extremely isolated incident and we shouldn't expect to see something like this happen again for awhile (not to mention... hiring more security or training existing staff to take more responsibility would probably cost millions of dollars that they'd rather not spend if they don't have to). I know theme parks keep track of accidents and injuries but do they also release a report about crimes on site? Because my guess is that it's incredibly low. I don't think I've ever seen an incident of any type in any of the Disney parks I've gone to.

Yes, overreacting to this one incident is not the right thing to do. This was an isolated event and largely people enjoy Disneyland every day with no problems. It's a non-issue.

That’s good. I didn’t see that part. It was still a good 10 minutes from start to finish before anyone with any power to do anything arrived. Most people going to Disney are civilized and chances are something like this won’t happen again anytime soon. It’s not a family fight that makes me nervous, it’s someone who has to intention of hurting/killing bystanders that does.
I don’t know where I got it from and it sounds naïve typing it out but I was always under the impression that there was cameras and security everywhere and if there was ever a problem, it would be taken care of before it got out of hand.

This is the reason for the tight security perimeter, metal detectors, and bag checks. It is near impossible to bring a weapon capable of causing mass injury into the parks or downtown Disney. It would have to be an inside job. Even then, really unlikely. They do not mess around with the metal detectors and now everyone has to go through them. They even made my 15 year old son remove a birthday button from his shirt before going through the metal detector.

Security (en masse) appears three minutes and 10 seconds after the first punch is thrown.

Security (en masse) appears three minutes and 10 seconds after the first punch is thrown.
I really don’t want to beat a dead horse but “security” did absolutely nothing to stop the situation. I stand by my it shouldn't take 10+ minutes for someone who is allowed to put their hands on someone to put a stop to something like this.

It was in front of Goofy’s house. I am surprised he didn’t join in or was it Donald who started the fight .

I hate to say this but I go to Disney World allot. I will say that what I saw from Disney security seemed lacking in guest protection department. I have seen Disney security pounce on situations that would not even come close to what I saw in the video in Disney world. The people were completely out of control. The violence that was displayed in the video was unacceptable in civil society. If this had happened in Florida they would all be under the jail not in it. I have had the opportunity to talk with local lawmen from he Orlando area and I have been told that Disney World as a zero tolerance for any stupidity that goes on. At Disney world it is not uncommon to see uniformed sheriff deputy’s in the park .

Well I’m not sure if it qualifies as a fight until it goes at least four rounds....

All kidding aside... beating up women??? Really??

I really don’t want to beat a dead horse but “security” did absolutely nothing to stop the situation. I stand by my it shouldn't take 10+ minutes for someone who is allowed to put their hands on someone to put a stop to something like this.

And it didn't.

Oh yes, security got there in a little over 3 minutes. What did they do when they arrived? Other guests had to intervene!

Oh yes, UNIFORMED security got there in a little over 3 minutes. What did they do when they arrived? Other guests had to intervene!
FIFY
How do you know who is security and who isn't? If they are doing their job right, you don't. My guess the non-uniformed security was there and was following protocol. The plan was to contain, but not intervene, but then a third-party guest took action and they had to jump in. Think about it; if the undercover guys had jumped in right away and failed to break it up, this would have looked a lot less like a family squabble and a lot more like a full-blown melee.

How do I know there were undercover security cast members there? Have you seen even one first person account from a guest that stepped in to break it up? How about even one story about Disney thanking the guests for stepping in to help? Mark my words; nearly everyone involved in quelling this was a CM in some capacity or another. If anyone else intervened, Disney did not appreciate it.

FIFY
How do you know who is security and who isn't? If they are doing their job right, you don't. My guess the non-uniformed security was there and was following protocol. The plan was to contain, but not intervene, but then a third-party guest took action and they had to jump in. Think about it; if the undercover guys had jumped in right away and failed to break it up, this would have looked a lot less like a family squabble and a lot more like a full-blown melee.

How do I know there were undercover security cast members there? Have you seen even one first person account from a guest that stepped in to break it up? How about even one story about Disney thanking the guests for stepping in to help? Mark my words; nearly everyone involved in quelling this was a CM in some capacity or another. If anyone else intervened, Disney did not appreciate it.

The men who tried to help break it up and one chocked red shirt guy out, were not Disney employees. At least one has given an interview and he is a high school football coach.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/08/disne...out-by-parkgoer-tried-fighting-again-witness/

I'm surprised that they didn't have undercover security there. WDW has semi-undercover security (look for the clear ear pieces with side pieces) and cops. The people that showed up looked like normal, rent a cop security guards without weapons. Plus, the girl that showed up had her hair down, when most female security guards would have it tied back.

Disneyland could have handled the situation quicker and I hope that they start placing security in Toontown. It's just weird to not have anyone located in or near that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter