• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm sooo excited, but HELP with dining

Stacy Woods

Earning My Ears
single digit dance. We leave the 24th. You guys have been soooo helpful. Here is my dilema this time. I have a 2 and 4 yo. This is our plan
Mon- MGM
Tues-MK going back to resort for lunch and back to the park to do the parade and maybe fireworks. (2yo does not like loud noises)
Wed- Break at the resort (offsite)
Thurs- AK
Fri-MK PS Crystal Palace for Breakfast
Sat-Packing up to go home on Sun

This is were I need help. I have read all to reviews and thought I would like to do Wilderness Lodge and/or Ohana's

I thought Ohana's on Wed night and try to catch the fireworks. Mom thinks we will be keeping the kids out to late Wed night to do the park on Thurs and Friday.

What about something Thurs night? We will not be taking a break since the park closes at 5.

We do not want to do everything Comando, but I would like to fit in a couple of sit down meals. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Once again, thanks so much for all the comments on the board. I have been printing out things since this time last year. I have a huge file of information and I took it home over the weekend to give to DH to read. He was very impressed with the planning that has gone into the trip. (At first, he thought I was crazy) Well don't you know Monday I came home from work and he had the kids walking around the block. I asked him what he was doing and he said conditioning. He really read some stuff!!

You will definitely have time on your rest day for a nice sit-down meal at a resort. Make your PS as early as possible and you'll be done by around 7. You can even arrive at the chosen resort a little early to explore the grounds and shops. We love Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana (have not tried Wispering Canyon and probably will not as we always do HDDR once a trip - oh, yeah, consider HDDR- a little more expensive than other places you mentioned, but a great show). I wouldn't hang around for fireworks with little ones, esp. if you get to see them on your MK day. They will be tired!

Why not try Boma for an early PS on your AK day? I hear the resort is lovely and the restaurant a real experience. I missed it my last trip and regret it still...will atone for that in August!

You say Monday is MGM day...are you arriving on Sunday before dinner? That's a great time for a resort dinner.

Keeping the kids out too late? No! You're at Disney World, on vacation! Normal routines just don't work when you are on vacation. We don't even take our dd (7mo & 2yo visits) back for afternoon naps. When she is ready, she takes them in her stroller without any cajoling. And let me tell you, our dd is wide open all the time! A nap on her own is a big thing. But the idea of wasting time back & forth for a nap doesn't make sense to us. (I know, we all have our opinions! ;) )

I just have to ask... why no Epcot? This is a fabulous park, and plenty for your little ones to do too. Just curious.

Ohana is great, just ask for a main dining room seat to be in with the action.

In the minority here, but we weren't that thrilled with our trip to Boma. So, do NOT beat yourself up if you miss it!

Thursday night... I would recommend DTD, window shopping and possibly dinner @ RFC. The food is good, portions HUGE, and a great atmosphere!

Way to go on getting your dh in the Disney mode! Have a great trip!

Kids bounce back faster than adults. Thursday might be a later wake-up, worst case, but Friday? This is coming from me who takes kids too, but we always take a break, mostly because the kids want to swim and Mommy needs the break!

That said, try doing some sitdowns. 'Ohana is fabulous. Keep in mind that you shou,ld check when the fireworks are ifyou want to catch them from the restaurant. If they are late, that may make for a late dinner. I don't know about your kids but when mine get hungry, we have to eat now! I always try to make PS around their regular dinner time. They get so stimulated fromt he parks - hey I do too - regular eating is important.

I also suggest Boma, ifyouare up for trying something different. There is a kids buffet and there are somegreat foods to try. We love eating here and try to make it every trip.

Hi! I'm a firm believer in taking things slow, not pushing too hard, and planning down time to avoid overload. That being said, I think you'd be fine having dinner at 'Ohana on Wednesday night. Yes, you'll be out a little late to see the fireworks, but not that late. And Thursday will be a pretty short day since AK closes early. You'll be able to rest up Thursday evening before your Friday park day. Plus, you'll already be pretty rested on Wednesday from having a resort day, so dinner and fireworks shouldn't be too taxing. We will be having dinner at 'Ohana on our resort day for these very reasons!

I think dinner at 'Ohana would work better on Wednesday than on Thursday for your schedule. On Thursday, you'll be tired from a full day at AK, and if you try to stay out late for dinner and fireworks, you may have problems with overly tired kids. Then, you'll be trying to turn around and get up early for a park day on Friday.

Thanks everyone. Keep the suggestions coming.
Thanks Kaycee, I think I will do Ohana's on Wed.
disneyfan551- we just don't have the time to do everthing. Mom & Dad coming in thurs & Fri and wanted to do AK & MK so we scheduled around that and they do not have hopper passes. I would say do MK in the morning and hop over to Epcot in the afternoon but they will not be able to do that.

Hi! I agree with most posters here I think you'd be fine doing Ohana on Wednesday. I've never tried them before, but from what I've read on these boards it sounds great. We're going to try them on our upcoming trip.

I don't think you will have the kids out to late. My DD stayed out pretty late when we went 2years ago, and she was fine. SHe usually just conked out in the stroller when she was tired and it was late.

I'm one who needs afternoon breaks myself. So I like to get them in, but you know what works best for your family. If you can go, I say go, but if you know taking it slow works for you, then do that.

Have a great trip.:D

zippehsmom:D

I booked Ohana's for Wed night. I tried to book Chef Mickey's for Tues morning breakfast but nothing was available. Imagine that only 10 days before we were scheduled to go. (Ha Ha) I am hoping for a cancellation, but I doubt it.
Thanks for everyone's help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter