I'm so full I think I am going to POP!!! Deluxe Dining Trip Report

So after Le Cellier we did a quick lap around World Showcase and then headed back to the resort to rest before dinner at Flying Fish :happytv:

Once resting up after the 20 ounce steak from Le Cellier a few hours earlier we headed over to Hollywood Studios for a quick bit before taking the boat to Flying Fish,

This is a quick picture of my family and I just liked this sign at the studios :thumbsup2

IMG_5817_zpsb61c5a47.jpg

IMG_5846_zps4c0e3b6c.jpg

Now onto Flying Fish :) this is right up there as my one of my favorite restaurants on property I had dined there this summer with a friend but it was my families first time, I was looking really really forward to showing this gen off!!!

Before I post any pictures I apologize because some pictures turned out really well and others did not so some of these are from a past trip however they are MY PICTURES and only a couple months old!!! Now on with the show :drive:

IMG_5858_zps9f9c4b0e.jpg

It was pretty cool because Micky Dolenz of the Monkees was waiting for a table when we were :cool1:

DSCN0877_zps69d9432a.jpg

Apps:

Our Chef's Degustation of Worldly Artisanal Cheeses - Five Tasting Portions and accompaniments Raisins on the Vine, Spanish Membrillo with a Bing cherry, Honeycomb, Bermuda onion, kiln-dried Cherry and Currant compote Agrodolce $18.00 : This Cheese Plate really blew Le Celliers out of the water it was EXCELLENT I really recommend it!!! Best Cheese Plate I have had on property and maybe the best I have had anywhere really great!
DSCN0867_zpsb6d4217e.jpg

Fresh Mozzarella di Bufala - Florida Yellow Beefsteak, Ugli-ripe and tiny grape Tomatoes, aged Balsamico, Exotic Peppercorns, Petite Basil, and Sicilian Olio Verde $15.00: This was just okay not as good as earlier I would do the Cheese Plate instead...
IMG_5881_zps5f575464.jpg

Yellowfin Tuna Tartare and Crispy Tempura Tuna-Vegetable Sushi Roll - Hijiki and Wakame Seaweed, Yuzu Tobiko, Wasabi Foam, with Sweet-and-Spicy Sauce $18.00: Okay here is my two sense about this... I am new to Sushi and I guess I found out I do not like it :( it just was not me but I am sure it was very very good Sushi!!!
IMG_5880_zps78d29de6.jpg

Chardonnay-steamed PEI "Canadian Cove" Mussels - Fennel, Chiles, Pesto Crema, and Ciabatta Crostini $18.00: These Mussels were great!!! I really really enjoyed them!!!
IMG_5893_zps69ce582f.jpg

Crispy Sesame and Togarashi-scented Calamari - Spiced Green Papaya, Wakame, and Vegetable Julienne, with Asian Dipping Sauce $15.00 This was honestly the best Calamari I have ever eaten ANYWHERE! Trust me everyone at the table agreed it really was fantastic!!! We eat Calamari everywhere like literally everywhere so this truly was fantastic!!!
IMG_5883_zpsd1bcdc03.jpg

Entree:

For me there is only one Entree here and it is the Signature Flying Fish Cafe Entree Duo:Char-crusted Angus NY Strip Steak and Potato-wrapped Red Snapper $47.00: It really is great! The steak is extremely good and the Snapper is equally as good really both are great and they give you a pretty nice portion of each one
DSCN0882_zps5b72f5e8.jpg

Desserts:
Every Dessert really was great!

Trio of Concession Sweets - Out on the Boardwalk - Popcorn Mousse and Caramel Corn, Cherry-limeade popsicle, dark chocolate fudge burger, and pound cake fries $9.00
DSCN0893_zps57740b35.jpg

Caramel-Chocolate-Brioche Bread Pudding - Vanilla-praline gelato, spicy pecan brittle, and a cinnamon Anglaise sauce $8.00
IMG_5895_zps9c289b20.jpg

Our Signature Flying Fish Café Caramelized Banana Napoleon - crisp phyllo, banana mousse, creme caramel, exotic fruit coulis and bitter chocolate $8.00
DSCN0891_zpse466f09c.jpg

Mickey's Chocolate Puzzle - white chocolate puzzle, sugar paints, creamy-topped chocolate cupcake $8.00
IMG_5894_zpscd5bde67.jpg

Tea:
DSCN0889_zpsf50dcebd.jpg

This Restaurant really is incredible I have never had a bad meal and every time the service had been Excellent! I really do not have anything but great things to say about Flying Fish it is arguably the best restaurant on WDW property and I really think it is as good as any restaurant anywhere! I rate it a 10/10 every time!!!!!!! :thumbsup2: :pixiedust:

Great reviews! You will never find better mussels anywhere other than FF, I don't care what anyone says. That was the first place I've ever had them and I've ordered them at restaurants over the years and none COMPARE to theirs!!:thumbsup2

Alright guys after Flying Fish it was later in the evening so we headed back to the resort and went to bed.

I am not really an Animal Kingdom person but a good reason to go is for Yak and Yeti it really is a favorite of ours so I was hoping that it would not disappoint :)

Before lunch we made the dash over to Expedition Everest to get Fast Passes and then headed to Kilimanjaro Safaris, I know that everyone who is reading this has probable ridden this a time or two but I did get a few good pictures so I would love to share them :thumbsup2

IMG_5962_zps7a64ae87.jpg

IMG_5975_zpscbc6c0a5.jpg

IMG_5994_zps8c0e0ed7.jpg

IMG_6029_zps3998d91b.jpg

IMG_6104_zps848be6b3.jpg

IMG_6179_zps0c5a9251.jpg

IMG_6104_zps848be6b3.jpg

I really enjoyed this ride and between this and Yak and Yeti Animal Kingdom is worth attending haha

Yak and Yeti is coming up next...

Yak and Yeti!!! :cool1:

DSCN1159_zps9493d849.jpg

I have to say I love the decor in this restaurant it is really out there and fun! We were sat up on the second floor and it was really fun. It is almost like a Museum with all of the cool little artifacts! This has a really great atmosphere I think it ranks right up there with Liberty Tree, Rainforest, T-Rex but I think the food is A LOT better here too! (I know it has the same owners as T-Rex and Rainforest)

DSCN1166_zpse642e7ab.jpg

DSCN1165_zpsc978ad57.jpg

DSCN1169_zps40b3af7e.jpg

Now onto the food :thumbsup2

Apps:

Dim Sum Basket for Two - Pork pot stickers, shrimp siu mai, cha su bao, and pork sie mai steamed on a banana leaf, soy lime dipping sauce $13.99 I really love the presentation of this dish I think it is very good as far as food too :)

DSCN1171_zps69be4d43.jpg

DSCN1173_zps83d12cfd.jpg

Pork Pot Stickers - pan seared or steamed, soy lime dipping sauce $8.99: Very good pot stickers I really enjoyed them

DSCN1172_zps089ce52c.jpg

Entree:
Kobe Beef Burger - 10 oz grilled American Kobe beef burger, sesame-soy sauce, mayonnaise, crispy shoestring fries. topped with choice of shiitake mushroom & scallion compote or Asian slaw $18.49: This is the best burger on Property hands DOWN it really is very very very good!!!

DSCN1174_zpsc58e7041.jpg

Crispy Mahi Mahi - filet of mahi mahi, Japanese bread crumbs, Cantonese sweet and sour sauce, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables $23.99: I think this left a little to be desired it was OKAY at best not nearly as good as the Burger...
DSCN1179_zps7d6c3d2f.jpg

Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli - flank steak, broccoli, brown sauce $18.99: again good not great the Burger and the steak are the two best things on the menu!
DSCN1178_zps99a12a48.jpg

Dessert:
Everyone ordered the Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle $7.99: These are so incredibly good I just love them so much its ridiculous maybe this is the best dessert on property:thumbsup2
DSCN1185_zpsa5ca543b.jpg

DSCN1187_zpsa188b388.jpg

Overall this is is a very good restaurant as far as in park restaurants this is hard to beat I love the decor the atmosphere really I think it is a very good restaurant! Overall I would give it a 7.5/10 I think its good restaurant not great but pretty good!

DSCN1191_zpsbd71732a.jpg

Alright guys after Yak and Yeti we headed back to the resort for a little break....

After the break we went and took a little trip around World Showcase before my most anticipated meal of the trip Jiko :cool1:

The Lion King has always been a favorite of mine so my Dad had to have a picture of me with this topiary
DSCN1193_zpsaa4668cc.jpg

After this we went around each country and stumbled upon Winnie the Pooh and Tigger in Christopher Robins bedroom :thumbsup2
DSCN1216_zps2e0b14f9.jpg

So after this we took a quick bus ride over to Jiko: Some of the pictures were not the best but the food here really was just fantastic!!!

I think this Lobby is just amazing it truly is Jaw Dropping every time I enter it...
DSCN1226_zps2cba0c97.jpg

I love the entry to this restaurant the color scheme is really great! I even love the menu board...
DSCN1227_zps306ef79a.jpg

So I have to say one of the coolest experiences for me happened as we were lead to our table by an African Student, you could tell he was excited to see young kids as it is a little rare at Jiko being as upscale as it is, anyway as we were walking he reached out and walked hand in hand with my brothers all the way to the table they are not normally really comfortable with other people but it was really cool how they went right with him they felt special and all evening they were treated like royalty I just thought this was a really cool thing!

Now onto the meal...

DSCN1230_zps2b23def4.jpg

DSCN1233_zps0cf19c6b.jpg

Apps:

Za'atar-rubbed Lamb - cranberry pear chutney, Point Reyes Blue Cheese $12.99
This Flatbread was INCREDIBLE I enjoy blue cheese but I would never think to pair it with Lamb and Cranberry Pear Chutney... All I can say was WOW really I recommend it to anyone!
DSCN1238_zps442e897f.jpg

Now after trying that I did not think it was possible to top it but I was greatly mistaken the Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin - with Mealie Pap, Chakalaka, White Truffle Oil and Micro Cilantro $16.00 truly was the most incredible app I have ever eaten I cannot describe how great all of the flavors were honestly I would go to Jiko again just for these two apps!!!
DSCN1237_zpsc1553803.jpg

Entrees:
Everyone ordered the original Filet with the Mac and Cheese... It was very very good, honestly we had some incredible steaks on this trip and this one was good but it just could not stand up to the others it was just missing that something... I would go to Jiko and order it again but I think there are probably better things on the menu... honestly both apps were better so I would imagine other entrees were too...
DSCN1242_zps87563faa.jpg

Again like I said earlier they treated my brothers like royalty this was the best kids steak they were served it really was a great cut of meat!!!
DSCN1241_zps702e5302.jpg

Dessert:

LIke I said earlier I am a big tea person so I just could not pass up the Chocolate and Tea Safari
Vanilla Rooibos-Tanzanian Chocolate Cake, Free Form “Kit Kat”, and Green Tea Ice Cream 10.00... it was very very good!!!
DSCN1244_zpsaa8db3a5.jpg

Jiko "Fruit Fun " - Push Pop and finger treats $7.00 was a really cool kids dessert as well as the Safari S'mores - A Jiko version of a Campfire Favorite $6.00 both were really cool!!

DSCN1243_zpsa58ecb39.jpg

DSCN1247_zps0e897f64.jpg

Overall:

Jiko really is a fantastic restaurant I love the upscale atmosphere, open kitchen and of course the food is great too! I would give the apps a 10 for sure and the entree a solid 8 it was good but missing something... the service was like the filet and prolly an 8 out of 10...
So my final rating was a....10 out of 10 really this restaurant is extremely good! The food is great but something about the atmosphere just makes me love it even more really really a great restaurant I would recommend it to anyone!!!

Your trip sounds fantastic!! I'm going down on Monday!yay! We don't have the dining plan this trip though. However, I have been trying to convince my friends who are going with me this summer to get the deluxe plan.... Your report makes me think I need to turn up my persuasion efforts!

Thanks for the great Flying Fish review! I am going there for the first time in April and am excited!

That kid smores dessert at Jiko is adorable! I Love it!

I'm in! Before I made it to post 24, I'm thinkin' - did they ride any rides??? (Not that that is necessary .... ha) Love Flying Fish! Agree w/ Jiko! We have reservations for lunch at the Brown Derby on my birthday in May - then dinner at Shula's. Write on ....

LOL, I love that your Jiko menu looks like the opening credits to Star Wars. And what a great experience your little brothers had there. It's nice when people pay attention to little kids and not ignore them.

You in front of the Lion King topiaries makes me think of my oldest son, he'll be 19 in May, and was a huge LK fan when he was little. I'd have had to take a photo of him there too.

Looking forward to reading more about your trip! :)

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback :thumbsup2 We did eat a ton for sure and I have some really great reviews still to come :cool1:

rachel09985: Flying Fish really is fantastic and not to be missed you will love it!

swebb0310: Have fun (I think its impossible not too lol) take lots of pictures and share them :thumbsup2

SusieBea: We did a couple rides... Our trip in September is for rides I guess, thats what my little brother is telling me :confused3 but really the food is great as well as the rides... I hope you love Brown Derby that sounds like quite the Birthday! I have never been to Shulas but everything I have ever heard is great!

wiigirl: Thank you :)

daisymomof4: It is fantastic they loved Jiko because they were treated so well it just makes everything better when the kids are happy :thumbsup2 Yes make him haha my dad made me and now I am glad he did its a really cool spot for a picture and the Lion King is such a fantastic movie!!!

So after Jiko we headed back to the resort for the evening :)

The next morning we got up went to Hollywood studios and then headed over to Splitsville

We did do a couple rides and got our pictures with a couple characters...

IMG_6408_zps480c1790.jpg

IMG_6389_zps5ca86e69.jpg

IMG_6488_zps2a277feb.jpg

Now onto Splitsville!!!

Okay so I have to say it was a little pricy $50 for 1 hour of bowling with 3 people and we ordered 2 pizzas and drinks and they were $50 too so for lunch it was $100... This is a little bit expensive but it was a lot of fun I would do it again in a heartbeat!

We ordered a BBQ Chicken Pizza and a Pepperoni and Ground Beef... I did not take a picture but these are what they look like I got the pictures from DISNEY FOOD BLOG the food pictures are not my own!!!

pepperoni-pizza-splitsville_zps57396bcc.jpg

barbecue-chicken-pizza-witih-onions-splitsville_zps24a8631b.jpg

These are just a few other pictures and they are my own like I said I would do it again the pizzas were good and overall it is a nice break from the parks especially during the summer :)

IMG_6551_zpsc6c0a7ca.jpg

IMG_6574_zpsae248fc4.jpg

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q750[IMG]http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q750/Chuckie_Blades/Jiko/Splitsville/IMG_6566_zpsb3aa9f25.jpg

[IMG]http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q750/Chuckie_Blades/Jiko/Splitsville/IMG_6566_zpsb3aa9f25.jpg

IMG_6553_zps5d2bc1d0.jpg

IMG_6556_zpsbdc0f354.jpg

IMG_6562_zps76b7d2de.jpg

IMG_6571_zps015c0a2d.jpg

YAY! Splitsville! I'm so drawn to Splitsville it's not even funny, lol. The worst part about that is I am a horrible, horrible bowler. My 5 year old bowls better than I do. My Dh might croak when he sees the pricing, but we're going dangit!

:)

I am looking forward to your Splitsville review. I haven't seen many reviews of their food yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter