• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm second guessing...please tell me it's worth it

AmyM

<font color=blue>Things sometimes get better the s
On our last cruise we decided to splurge and book a Cat 3 room. We are leaving in 144 days and I'm now second guessing spending that much more for the Cat 3 room. It's not that the money is a huge issue, but I do like getting value for my $$$s. Please tell me it's worth it for me, DH, DD10 and DS9. We are booked in 8032. Thanks for the input:)

Welllll...I've done a Cat. 3 twice and in between those times have sailed in a 4, 5, 6 and 9. :) I like to splurge occasionally too but we can't afford that every time we sail.

If money is not an issue then absolutely, it's worth it. I think if you switched now when you sail you'd keep thinking about the Cat. 3 you gave up. :)

Enjoy 8032, I've stayed in 8034. Just be aware that any time there is a deck party overhead at the Goofy Pool you'll hear it loud and clear in your stateroom.

Good luck with your decision! :)

Even if $ is an issue, you still made the right choice!!!

No, we're not wealthy by any means, but we sure like spending our money on vacations & terrific accomodations & food.

Standing on our front porch & looking around our neighborhood EVERY SINGLE neighbor has a new vehicle - or two - but we just hold onto our 1990's vehicles with NO payments & lower costing insurance & use our $ to 'GO CRUISING' !!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

AmyM:

We have been on 4 cruises and have had Category 6,5 and our last cruise was a 3. We leave this Saturday in a category 6 and in my opinion if you can afford it by all means go for it. I felt it was worth every penny I paid. We have 5 people and had plenty of room and the extra long veranda was great. The room is very big and spaceous.

I wish I could afford a category 3 every cruise, but of course my big dream is a category 1 (someday).

Go for it and enjoy.

Lyn

AMYM -

Our Christmas cruise will be our 4th DCL cruise and we have completely enjoyed our CAT 3's. We love the space and privacy and having room to spread out. When we first cruised, DS was 12 and DD was 4. Now space is even more of an issue because they are 16 and "almost 9" and you need a reservation to get "mirror" space these days. LOL

We booked this cruise two years ago this month and have been saving for it so we could afford the CAT 3. I love ALL the activities but I also enjoy having a quiet haven and the privacy...............and I wouldn't trade that huge master bath and Jacuzzi tub for anything. Now that is heaven to me.

Whatever you decide - have a great cruise.

I would definately go with the cat. 3! It is hard enough for us to afford the Cat. 6 each year but boy if I could do it even once I sure would do a cat. 3.. so I say if you can pay for it GO FOR IT!

Only in my dreams! If you can afford it...you go girl!!:Pinkbounc

dclwdwlover --
Standing on our front porch & looking around our neighborhood EVERY SINGLE neighbor has a new vehicle - or two - but we just hold onto our 1990's vehicles with NO payments & lower costing

Another upstate NY disney radical! :) We also like to spend money on our vacations...instead of keeping up with the Smith's next door...who don't understand our Disney obsession anyway. When I told a neighbor we were cruising - she was VERY excited we finally converted from WDW until I told her it was DCL. "Isn't your son to OLD for that?" He's 12!!

AmyM -
we decided to splurge and book a Cat 3 room.

If the money is not a HUGE issue - go for it. As Michelle pointed out - you'll be "thinking" about it anyway. The whole "only if" thing. However, if you think it would be of more use for your family put towards other things....like 10 and 9 headed for braces....(Trust me - THAT's a cruise right there!)...or, I don't know, some goal you've been saving for that the whole family really, really wants...then, I'd say downgrade if it will make you feel better. But ONLY if will make you feel better. Coz, when it's all said and done, this vaca is about you and your family. None of us are going to be reliving those memories with you.

Good luck with the decision!!

AmyM -
You only live once so go for the category 3 suite. We have been on 3 cruises and all 3 have been in the suites. We probably go less often then if we stayed in a category 5 or 6 room but we think that going less often but going in style is the way to go. Others would rather go more often and stay in a non suite room
so different strokes for different folks. No one is right or wrong , it is only personal preference. By the way 8532 is one of the best suites on board. We have stayed in 8530 and checked out this suite and I can assure you that it is amazing and you will LOVE it.

AmyM -
You only live once so go for the category 3 suite. We have been on 3 cruises and all 3 have been in the suites. We probably go less often then if we stayed in a category 5 or 6 room but we think that going less often but going in style is the way to go. Others would rather go more often and stay in a non suite room
so different strokes for different folks. No one is right or wrong , it is only personal preference. By the way 8532 is one of the best suites on board. We have stayed in 8530 and checked out this suite and I can assure you that it is amazing and you will LOVE it.

Do you know if anyone has ever gotten upgraded to a suite. I booked a Cat. 5, now I am wishing I had a suite. I think my cruise is SOLD OUT so I couldn't even upgrade on my own if I wanted to.

You will Love It ! We stayed in 8534, and it was Great ! We've stayed in a cat 4 before, and my DH said it would be hard to go back to that cat. 4 now we have been spoiled with the cat. 3 ! I did the same thing, second guessing, wondering if we should use the additional $$ on something else. But you only live once, and we don't go on big vacations but every 2-3 years, so we slurged ! And we will again in 2005, and after my family saw the pictures of our cat. 3, they've decided to splurge too!!!
Have a great vacation no matter your choice !!!

Noseybuddy if i were you I would call DCL and see if any suites are available and book it yourself. I can not imagine anyone being upgraded from a cat.5 to a suite. The price difference is several thousand dollars.
Tesabat I am LOL as I read your post.. I told DS his mouth is my suite right there.. I almost fell over when the ortodontist told me it was going to be $5000.00! And then I really did when I found out insurance pays for none of it! But I think the guilt would get to me if I got a suite instead and the child was traumitized in his teens with a mouth that looked like goofy's.

AnnMorin

I'm just to caught up in this upgrading business. The Cat. 5 I have booked is more than fine. The thing I wanted the most was a vernadah, I have that and I happy.

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Hey Ann.

As long as he doesn't talk like he's from South Park...

Hey BD do you know my son?:teeth:
Truely he does not talk like that...in fact if he did it would be a good thing the braces are prepaid. ;)

Thanks everyone!!! Now I know I have made the right decision. Now all I have to do is wait 143 more days. Again, thanks for the reassurance:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter