• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm ready to get serious...again

marydmjj

DIS Veteran
I've completely fallen into all my previous habits for the last 3 weeks or so. Not watching what I eat, no exercise, drinking regular pop. Then I get on the scale this morning because my shorts are too tight (gee I wonder why?) and I've gained even more weight than when I originally posted here! I have never weighed this much before except while pregnant...and I'm not pregnant.

So, I'm back and really needing support. I started with Atkins, stopped after 1 week (lost 6 lbs though) after going on a mini-vacation, had every good intention of starting Weight Watchers but never really did it. And now I'm back to Atkins. I like and need quick results. I feel extremely wishy-washy admitting that I've floundered back and forth between the two. But I know I can lose weight with Atkins and really do need the structure.

Thanks for the rant. I'll be much more active here. I've found it helps keep me on track...along with TigH :wave: who is a great inspiration to me!

YOU CAN DO IT, Mary!

This time is the right time, I just know it! :) Woo-hoo!!!!! Now go for it and have fun! If you feel like you are craving something or that it's getting too tough, POST HERE for support! DO NOT eat something just to satisfy a craving or fill an emotional hole or sooth you in a stressful situation. Food is fuel, that's all! ;)

hee hee!

Welcome back, Mary, it's good to see you here again. Please visit often it really helps all of us when you do and I know it will help you a lot.

Listen, we need to talk about this controlled carbohydrate eating plan, though. Are you aware that if you remove all refined carbohydrates from your diet and then go back to eating refined carbohydrates again, you will gain more weight faster than you have ever gained before? Just something to think about. My point is that if you plan to go back to eating bread and sugar you might want to consider WW instead. You need to find the program that is best for <i>you</i> as a lifetime eating plan.

Atkins is my lifetime plan and I love it. I don't intend to eat white flour or sugar again intentionally. If you don't want to give up bread or sugar for life it may not be the best plan for you.

Whatever plan you choose, I'm just glad to see you back here on WISH again :)

Katholyn

Thanks Katholyn. I've thought about that and know I need to give up sugar etc. I talked to my brother (a D.O.) about Atkins and our family history etc and HE'S DOING IT TOO!!! I was so excited when I heard that. He said with our history and our bodies it is the best plan for us. I figured I gained back more because I dove right back into all the crap I used to eat. And now I'm paying for it.

TigH, I will defiitely come back here for support and inspiration. I found that just reading everyone's post each day helped to keep me on track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter