I'm paying how much a night and I can't take a shower? My recent poor service experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not threatening a lawsuit. I am letting them know that someone is going to be injured with that current equipment. Its only a matter of time. Even if I was injured I wouldn't sue unless it was something drastic.

How you wrote it though can easily be read as a threat of lawsuit. Once that happens Disney passes it on to legal and lets them handle it.

How you wrote it though can easily be read as a threat of lawsuit. Once that happens Disney passes it on to legal and lets them handle it.
It wasn't my intent but maybe legal will make them get the right equipment in the resorts.

I don't know that she called the resort. She mentions in the OP specifically that she later called Disability Services directly. TBH, I was thinking that was the number she called in the first place. I could totally be wrong on that, but that's what my impression was.

ETA: I didn't go back and reread the thread, but I thought she just said she called "Disney" not that she called the hotel...again, could be recalling wrong, though. it's been a long day.
Thanks Ariel. I called disability services both times. They should be the experts right?

That's OK too. I would happily have rented equipment if I knew it was necessary.

If you had done any of your pre trip research on the Disabilities board, you would have gotten that advice. Someone already linked to the thread that discussed exactly that.

If you had done any of your pre trip research on the Disabilities board, you would have gotten that advice. Someone already linked to the thread that discussed exactly that.
Thanks for finding one thread on the board. I should think that prior experience 6 weeks earlier at Disney would probably be more credible than a message board post, and calling disney disability directly but that's just me.

When you knew they had the incorrect equipment after the first day, why didn't you just do that?
It was 3 days in before we knew they didn't have anything we needed. At that point it would have taken another day to get equipment delivered. I was over it and already taking sink baths. What's 3 more days at that point?

It was 3 days in before we knew they didn't have anything we needed. At that point it would have taken another day to get equipment delivered. I was over it and already taking sink baths. What's 3 more days at that point?

Couldn't your husband have helped you in and out of the tub?

The reason I booked a regular room at the Poly is because I did my homework first. I called and explained what I needed. They said a regular room would be fine and they would deliver he equipment when we arrived.
Again when I booked WL, I asked again and was told the exact same thing. Call housekeeping when you get there.

It was not luck at all. It was prior planning and calling ahead.

Thanks Ariel. I called disability services both times. They should be the experts right?

Would have been helpful if you'd included that detail at the time of your first post, and not waited until another poster had brought up that possibility.

Would have been helpful if you'd included that detail at the time of your first post, and not waited until another poster had brought up that possibility.
Sure, I will edit my already too long message to include this as well. Thanks again for another helpful suggestion.

Not to sit in the chair but to help you in and out of the tub to take a bath.
No. Getting in and out of the tub is not possible at home and definitely not at Disney. Even with assistance. My husband is wonderful and he helps me whenever I ask so that is not the issue at all. I really don't think I need to justify in public why I can or cannot get into the tub. I can't. That's the bottom line. I need a chair to transfer.

I guess I'm not sure what you wanted them to do? You said you told them what model of equipment you wanted, but how we're they supposed to provide it if they simply didn't have it? Earlier in the post you said the desk staff told you the poly no longer had the equipment you had used previously, so not like they could borrow from the poly. Was the concierge supposed to run out to the supply store and buy the model you wanted, just for you? If the equipment is truly unsafe, yes they should replace it for everyone, but that takes time, not going to happen the same day

It wasn't a threat. Its been 3 days and no reply. Some how I needed to get the message out to help others. What better way than the DIS?

If your intent was to get a message out to help others, why not just post a much more simple message? "I stayed at WL in a standard room, but needed some special medical equipment that Disbey said they could provide, but as it turned out, the equipment was inappropriate for the room/my needs, so you may want to rent or bring your own."

I still don't understand why you didn't just book a HA room. They don't cost anymore Han a standard room and you wouldn't have had to worry about trying to get special equipment.

I wouldn't count on a hotel to gaurantee a pack n play for an infant much less necessary medical equipment.

I'm sorry this soured your trip but from now on book a HA room.

Now on to the shower chair. If you thought the toilet seat was bad, these are downright dangerous. The chair I was delivered was a small flat seat. No swivel, no ability to adjust height or width. As simple and cheap as you can buy. If you paid more than $10 for this at Walgreens, you got ripped off. On to the dangerous part. There is no way to safely transfer to the seat. If you hang it over the side of the tub it tips because the floor is lower than the tub. If you place it sideways so you could slide on to it, the tub is curved on the edges and wobbles. The only way to safely use it is to put it lengthwise in the middle of the tub. I can’t transfer to that safely and I doubt most people who are requesting a chair can either.
Apparently they called the Poly and they do not have those chairs anymore. This is the only model. So I asked – how am I supposed to take a shower? I thought a reasonable question when you are paying $450 per night.
Is there a reason your husband couldn't have helped you into the tub/onto the shower chair, and then leave you to take showers? Then you call him for help getting out of the tub when you're done? I break my leg easily, and this is what the Occupational Therapist does.
This is where I go from losing my patience to angry. She had the audacity to say that no compensation would be give because I should have asked for an accessible room. I calmly explained that 6 weeks ago I stayed at the Poly in a regular room and it was fine. Why would I request a room I do not need?
Past performance is not an indication of future re[sults]. The Polynesian isn't the Wilderness Lodge. Club Level isn't Standard. Plus, the end of September to the end of December is three months - 13 weeks, not six. Even more time for major changes like equipment.

At this point I have had enough. I asked for a manager. Guess what – they are all in a meeting. Very convenient. I supposed to get a call back, but that has yet to come. No surprise.

Here is the kicker. So to end the call I told her that I would be writing this email, posting it on every Disney message board tonight. Hang on let me put you on hold – She comes back. I have been talking to my peers (notice not my manager)
No only the Wilderness Lodge. You mean the Wilderness Lodge where I can’t take a shower or talk to a manager to know if the problems are resolved
Why do you find it so unbelievable that (a) the management team was in a meeting (or that they're just not available for on-demand phone calls); and (b that the suggestion came from her peers? We have senior reps in my CS job who can make many of the same suggestions/televisions as management. But we just plain can't transfer calls. To anyone.

I doubt it will get any response but the point is that I haven't gotten any response at all from them.
It's only been two days.
Where you there? Is that where the youtube footage of my head banging came from?
Figure of speech. Unless you were literally banging your head against a wall?
I don't really consider letting them know which model of equipment I wanted head banging. I complained and it became very clear that there was no solution available. I dealt with it. No yelling, no crying in public.
Instead, you threatened a company and are publicly and repeatedly denigrating it - all while expecting them to bend over backwards.
The reason I booked a regular room at the Poly is because I did my homework first. I called and explained what I needed. They said a regular room would be fine and they would deliver he equipment when we arrived.
Again when I booked WL, I asked again and was told the exact same thing. Call housekeeping when you get there.

It was not luck at all. It was prior planning and calling ahead.
Anyone who visits WDW and, more importantly, the DISBoards so regularly can reasonably be expected to know that calls go to a call center - not to any resort. Yes, Club Level is different so if you called the IPO you spoke to CMs at the Poly. But any/every time you called WL - from home or from your room - you got the call center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter