I'm paranoid...HELP!

DeeCeeSW

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
I called CRO this morning to give them my deposit for my AKL ressie. I have a pretty bad cold and a nasty headache, so I am not in the best of moods today.....I was a little curt with the CM because she was taking forever to pull up my info. At 10 cents a minute, I didn't really want to stay on the phone too long....anyway, mid-conversation, I apologized for my attitude and mentioned that I was sick, etc. The CM ended up telling me that she too is sick today and then told me all about her daughter and other personal things. I guess I broke the ice and she felt comfortable talking to me. We finished our business and I made sure to aplogize again "if I had been curt" and she said no problem, she understood. Here comes the paranoia--it later dawned on me that the CM has the capability to put little notes on our file and I am now concerned that I will now have less of a chance of an upgrade, etc. I know this is totally petty and that I shouldn't expect an upgrade at all, but I notice that a lot of people have mentioned that AKL tends to upgrade guests during value season or when there is availabilty. Am I being TOTALLY paranoid here? If yes, I will have to blame it on my cold medicine!!! Please help lessen this paranoia.......

I can't see any reason she'd put anything on your reservation. From the description, it sounds like she sympathized with you and didn't feel like you were a problem. I think it's the medicine talking ;) -HM

I really doubt she put anything negative on your ressie.

Here's a thought for you:

Maybe she felt so comfortable with you and the fact that she could share those personal things that she noted on your reservation how nice you are and how an upgrade would be especially nice for you.

I think you are being paranoid. They are not the "Disney God". They cannot get their computer information straight anyway. You are giving them way too much credit - believe me.

I pay for upgraded rooms, and I have had to call back many times to make sure they have my reservations correct and I agreed to the $670.00 per night room. After 5 phone call verifications (at my expense) they finally got it correct - I hope, I guess I'll find out at check in.

so don't worry - they can't get it right even when you're paying for the luxury!

I feel better now....I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for the scenario lizzie posted!

Hey DeeCee,

I'm in Ocean county. I can't believe how many NJ'ans I see on these boards.

DeeCee - I hope your feeling better.
:)

I believe upgrades are given at time of check in and are not determined by CRO. Don't worry - it works both ways too. I have gotten some pretty nasty CM's on the phone and I have gotten some really stupid CM's on the phone. If I had a choice I'd take the nasty ones over the stupid ones, at least they get your reservation correct!

Regarding little notes in the file about your conversation tone - doubtful!

Also they work on 2 seperate computer systems - one does not communicate with the other. I know this for a fact.

Don't worry, have a hot toddy and dream about your upcoming trip to WDW.

Thanks again my tri-state Disboard friends! Yes, there are a lot of NJ/Nyers on these message boards!!!!!!!! I will DEFINITELY have that hot toddy (maybe two).

DeeCee i totaly think you are toast. I am sure you are black listed for all of disney now. No more upgrades, no more fastpass, no more first family at AK, no more riding in the front of the monorail.

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA

Seriously, I think you will be fine. You made nice, nice by the end of the conversatin. I would not sweat it, I am sure that you are still elleigible for upgrades.

Have a great trip.

Scott, Peg and Tyler

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter