I'm Only A Year Late...It's Fine - UPDATE: 10/24

I just found your trip report today. The bug stray is funny and it's something my late husband would have done.
There is no way I'd ever wait in line for 3 hours for a ride. I have ridden FOP but I had a FP. Panadora is so pretty whther it's day or night.
The hot dog thing is something my son in law would do. He doesn't like to try new food. We ate at Yak and Yeti and he had a burger.
Liz

I just found your trip report today. The bug stray is funny and it's something my late husband would have done.
There is no way I'd ever wait in line for 3 hours for a ride. I have ridden FOP but I had a FP. Panadora is so pretty whther it's day or night.
The hot dog thing is something my son in law would do. He doesn't like to try new food. We ate at Yak and Yeti and he had a burger.
Liz

Thank you so much for joining me!

I swear, I still look at that bug spray pic and just laugh. I remember the look on his face and I know what my face must have looked like and I just laugh :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't wait more than like 30 minutes for anything. Maybe 45 minutes but it has to be something really good and it has to be like, our last chance to ride it for the entire trip. Pandora is super pretty - I can't wait to go back and see it again! :love:

I don't even remember him ordering a hot dog. I feel like I would have scolded him for that one! Y & Y is so good, why on earth would you get something you can get anywhere else?? :confused3

OMG I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU THE OTHER DAY!!!! How are you?? :hug:

Good. Living the dream in Northern Kentucky. Haven't left since I came out here in 2010! 2 WDW trips since then with another one coming up in FEB. How are you

"...Only Mildly Terrifying"

Day 3 found us waking up bright and early. I had wanted to get up and out early because we'd been having to wait so long for buses. But I was actually woken up earlier than planned by the sound of my cell phone buzzing.

I never turn my ringer off unless I'm like at work or something. It's always on, just in case someone tries to call me for an emergency for something. But the night before, Lumar had been watching TV and I was playing TsumTsum on my phone, so I turned the sound off and forgot to turn it back on. It turned out that the woman who was watching our pet rabbits for us while we were gone had been trying to reach me - one of our fur babies passed away during the night out of nowhere and she had been trying to reach me to tell me for hours. So the start to our day was kinda sad but there was nothing anyone could have done and there was nothing we could do to change it so we tried to just get on with our day and have as good a time as possible.

We were headed to DHS today, and Duffy and I were ready to go!

Upon our arrival, we stopped at a PhotoPass Photographer first thing because he didn't have a line. He told us he was taking a Magic Shot and when I got the pictures I was like "OK...I guess he was mistaken..."

Did anyone else NOT see Tinkerbell there? Because I have looked at this picture about 359 times and literally just saw her right this moment.

Here is the pic without her:

It was just poor placement with that palm tree being right there!

Are we excited to be in DHS?!?

I don't know if you noticed, but I love BB-8 :lovestruc

Our first stop was TSMM. Lumar beat me, and I didn't take any pictures along the way. I know, I know! All of this is completely shocking :rolleyes2

Spoiler Alert: I have a very bad habit of not taking pics in DHS.

After TSMM, I wanted to put my BB-8 accessories to use and get some meet & greets done so off we want to the Launch Bay!

We got there at, what was apparently, the perfect time. As we were walking in, we saw Boba Fett just kinda walking around. Lumar is a huge fan of The Fett :worship: So we asked a CM if he was also doing meet and greets and she explained that his work a little differently and that he will just pick people at random. Then she also said he had just left and she wasn't sure when he would be back. We were kinda bummed because he would definitely be a really cool meet & greet!

So we got in the lines for the other Star Wars peeps and we didn't wait more than 15 minutes to meet anyone!

At first, Chewie was a little jealous of Duffy, but then we determined that Duffy has no idea how to fly the Millennium Falcon so he felt better about himself.

Rey was sooo sweet, and she loved all of my BB-8 stuff!

WARNING: I am about to show you pictures that I would normally NEVER post for the public to see because I look like a massive dork. I am making the most ridiculous, blackmail worthy faces in a bunch of these but they are so funny I couldn't exclude them. Plus, I think it really adds to the narrative here :rotfl2:

OK so then we went to meet Kylo Ren. I think my face will say all you need to know.

He.

Was.

Terrifying.

He's super tall. And you can't see his face. And he kept calling me a traitor because I was obviously harboring a rebel spy (BB-8).

Having survived that ordeal, I commented to Lumar on our way out that I didn't expect Kylo to be so scary.

And then it got worse.

Or maybe better??

We saw a large crowd forming a circle in the space just outside the line queues. Boba was back, and he was walking around to the various people watching him and he would indeed pick random people to take pictures with him.

And the second Lumar and I joined the circle, I knew. I mean look at me for goodness sake! I'm a walking billboard for the rebellion! He walked by us several times. Mostly without saying anything. But each time he would linger a little longer and he would just stare at me.

He came over again and said something about me being a rebel spy. I argued my case that BB-8 was just too cute not to love. He shook his head and started to walk away, then quickly turned back and directed us to come take pictures with him. And I wanted to die from happiness and terror all at the same time.

The PP Photographer actually took a picture of me having that conversation with Boba, and I somehow didn't upload it to my Photobucket so you'll have to settle for the watermarked one I thankfully took a screenshot of so that I could show Jen @Nermel9 how completely ridiculous I am.

Skeptical Ali is skeptical :scratchin

This was SUCH a cool photo op and the fact that he actually picked us out of the crowd makes it that much more fun! Not everyone can hang with Boba! :cool2: :rotfl2:

As we were leaving, Lumar was gushing about how awesome these character experiences were. You could practically see the little hearts hovering over his head, talking about Boba Fett. My reaction?

"Yeah it was fun! You know, only mildly terrifying." :faint:

After our Meet & Greets, we decided some lunch was in order so we made our way past Star Tours for another cute PP Pic

Even though Lumar was covering Duffy's face! I'll let it slide..... this time o_O .....

Plus, when we arrived at BackLot Express, I got this ridiculous picture of him so I guess we're even now!

Lumar had the Chicken & Waffles and I had a burger:

Lumar said his food was good - standard but not at all terrible. My burger was actually quite delicious so I was a happy rebel spy!

Up Next: Actual Pics of DHS!

Last edited:
Good. Living the dream in Northern Kentucky. Haven't left since I came out here in 2010! 2 WDW trips since then with another one coming up in FEB. How are you

Good for you! I'm glad Kentucky has been good to you! We're doing OK - We got married in 2015 (3 years tomorrow!) and the week before that I fell and busted my knee up pretty badly. So walking down the aisle and all that was...interesting! :crutches: Thankfully, I didn't actually need crutches but it's now been three years since I fell and I'm JUST about to have surgery for it. The orthopedic surgeon I was seeing for over a year kept telling me that I was fine, I just needed to lose weight. I finally went and saw another doctor in May, she took one look at my x-rays and went "oh no, I can fix this for you." It's a little gross so I'll put what the problem was in white so you don't have to see if you don't want to! Basically what happened was I slipped on ice and dislocated my knee cap, but I also managed to dislodge and break apart half the cartilage in the knee. The chunks managed to lodge themselve into the ligament on the inner side o my knee and then they calcified over the last 2.5 years. I can't go down stairs (up is OK but it's not great). I can't run (not that I want to but you know...the option would be nice! :laughing: ), and standing for more than 5 minutes at a time causes it to swell up pretty badly. So to say I'm excited to have this surgery is an understatement. You know how all of us DisNerds make Trip Countdowns? I have a Surgery Countdown going, too!

But other than that, life is basically the same! Just working our butts off so we can keep going to Disney! :mickeyjum

It turned out that the woman who was watching our pet rabbits for us while we were gone had been trying to reach me - one of our fur babies passed away during the night out of nowhere and she had been trying to reach me to tell me for hours. So the start to our day was kinda sad but there was nothing anyone could have done and there was nothing we could do to change it so we tried to just get on with our day and have as good a time as possible.
Sorry to hear about one of your pets. That is always hard.

Did anyone else NOT see Tinkerbell there? Because I have looked at this picture about 359 times and literally just saw her right this moment.
She is camafloged pretty well. It is pretty funny that you hadn't noticed before.

fan of The Fett :worship: So we asked a CM if he was also doing meet and greets and she explained that his work a little differently and that he will just pick people at random. Then she also said he had just left and she wasn't sure when he would be back. We were kinda bummed because he would definitely be a really cool meet & greet!
That is really cool. We can't even seen him out and about. My DH would love that!

Sorry to hear about one of your pets. That is always hard.

Thank you. It's pretty sucky. And when you're on vacation it's even worse.

She is camafloged pretty well. It is pretty funny that you hadn't noticed before.

I've been looking at this picture for a year. I don't know how I missed it!

That is really cool. We can't even seen him out and about. My DH would love that!

It was sooooo cool! Definitely a rare experience and I am so glad we were there for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter