I'm Only A Year Late...It's Fine - UPDATE: 10/24

Aww man, it sucks that your meal sucked! Kind of ruins the excitement of making ADRs for new restaurants too. :sad1:

I know!! I always want to try the new restaurants but then you have a disappointing experience like this and it makes you want to stick to the "old faithfuls."

I'm loving your trip report! I looooove the UK pavilion--I always buy things from there! Last year I got the most adorable hand painted wallet and other years it's been a Princess of Wales tartan scarf, the most adorable tea mug evah! and etc. LOOOVE the UK pavilion (I said that already, huh?) AND you are 110% correct about the Rose and Crown (me and DH's favorite) and the fish and chips---I dream about them! I refuse to order them anywhere else--it would only lead to disappointment!

Thank you so much for reading along with me! I'm so happy you're having fun!

The UK is one of my favorites. I love to look at all of the amazing dragon statues I will never own! :rotfl2: They're so pretty! I usually just buy some tea for my mom lol

I'm not much of a drinker, but the Welsh Dragon looks interesting. What's in it, do you know?

I don't really drink much either but this one is a DEFINITE. It's peach schnapps, mellon liqueur, creme de menthe, orange juice, and pineapple juice. It literally just tastes like a fruit juice. I could easily drink several, which is dangerous in that Florida heat!

Yeah, 65 dollars is too much for a hoodie. I don't mind spending money for stuff that lasts (Dooney and Bourke, I'm looking at you, my heavy little pretties) but just for a hoodie? Naw. Especially when you already had to buy BUG SPRAY at Disney prices. :smokin:

Right!? $65 just seems excessive for a sweatshirt. I don't even like paying $45 or $50, which is the normal price at regular retail places. But yes, $300+ on a new Dooney? Noooooo problem! :rotfl2:

Also agree about Maelstrom. Sorry, not sorry, Frozen is lame. Maelstrom was so cool; plus it encompassed some Norwegian lore. It was unique. Frozen is just...SMH. I MISS MAELSTROM! Frozen is Under the Sea with Elsa not Ariel. <Yawn.> I know that Norway would no longer pay for their pavilion, but I do wish the World Showcase would stay true to what it was designed as and not just another Disney movie homage. I get that Disney had to "repossess" the Norway space, but why torture us all with more frozen stuff? It's not like *we* missed any payments, Disney! Why must we suffer!?! #justiceformaelstromfansNOW

Oh, well. Maybe I should just let it gooooooo....

I'm so glad it's not just us. The way FPs sell out for it you'd think they were giving away gold along the way or something. And it is exactly like UtS. I get it that stuff has to change, but can we not keep recyclying the same ride over and over with different paint on it? I guess I just don't understand why they had to actually change the ride? Like, were the Norwegian officials sitting there saying "we're not paying you for this anymore, give us back our trolls and polar bears?" Like, couldn't they just update it a little bit and keep it about Norway? :confused3

On those earrings? (Very pretty, btw) Maybe try bending the wires a little after they are in your ears so they stop being able to escape. I have good luck with that. Half my jewelry box is the orphan home of single stud earrings, though. I have a lot of earrings, just none that actually match, ha ha.

They fell out of my backpack, not my ears. One of them for sure I lost when I pulled my headphones out of my backpack on the airplane, and I don't remember where the other one was. I think I was on the train to NYC and I (again) went to get my headphones and didn't realize the earring was stuck to them.

15 more months until Fish and Chips.....gawwwww.....:(

I feel your pain! 13 more months for us (or 405 days according to my countdown app! :laughing: )[/QUOTE]

"Wow! That was AMAZING!"
We woke up on our second full day super excited to be heading to Animal Kingdom! We had not seen Pandora yet and we were really looking forward it! I had to split up our FPs for Na'vi River and FoP over two different days because we couldn't get both for the same day, but it was fine with us. We stopped at Good's To Go at OKW for some CS breakfast (Lumar wasn't impressed...it was sausage, egg, cheese on a biscuit...I thought it was fine :confused3 ) and then went to the bus stop.

We arrived at the bus stop at 8:40am. At 9am, we were still waiting. I didn't write down what time the bus actually arrived, but I did write down that while we were waiting for ONE AK bus, we saw 4 for MK, 4 for DHS, 2 for Epcot, and 1 for DS. I remember at the time being super annoyed about the bus service so far, and we were only on our second day. And now, I'm even more perturbed because rather than just fix whatever the issue is that they are having with the bus service, they would rather focus on the Minnie Vans and make you pay to get around. The buses are advertised everywhere as "running every 15-20 minutes" and we waited well over 20 almost every time we were headed to a park. This was why I opted not to stay a t BWV again - they share a bus with YC, BC, Swan, & Dolphin, and with the 20+ minute wait just for the bus to arrive, then another 10 minutes for the 4 other resort stops, it was taking us the better part of an hour to get anywhere from the time we left the room.

Anyway....:rolleyes1

I'll start off by saying that I always take a fluffillion pictures in AK because I'm animal-obsessed. And now that I'm sitting down to write this update, I'm finding that I have almost no pictures. I'm thinking I may have missed some when I uploaded to photobucket but maybe I just actually didn't take that many :confused3

We made it through the turnstiles and beelined for Pandora. Along with basically everyone else. But we made it and it was INCREDIBLE!

You can see the line here for FoP, already almost to the entrance of Pandora. When we walked by the CM at the end of the line, the sign she had said that the wait was 3 hours from that point. THREE. HOURS. :faint:

I think the below in this next picture were standing around that center area watching the drum show but maybe they were also in line for FoP... I don't remember. The line was so long, it was impossible to tell what was the line and what was people just standing around.

We headed for the FP line for Na'vi River and we were on in almost no-time.

I could ride this for forever! It was absolutely beautiful. And when we got off, Lumar gave it his seal of approval with "WOW! That was AMAZING!" For him to comment that a boat-ride was amazing, means he was seriously impressed!

We took some PP pics:

And then headed in the direction of Satuli Canteen and the FoP giftshop.

We were trying not to go crazy in the gift shop, but I had to break my own rule.

I've put a self-imposed, Lumar enforced, rule in place that prohibits me from buying plushes/stuffed animals. Because I love them but I don't need them and I don't have room to put them. But this guy GLOWS IN THE DARK. So obviously, he came home with us.

So yeah, Pandora was incredible, and that was just during the day! We knew that it really kind of comes alive at night with the bio-luminescence and reminded each other to make sure we walked through again that night before we left!

Spoiler Alert: :rolleyes:

We arrived at the bus stop at 8:40am. At 9am, we were still waiting. I didn't write down what time the bus actually arrived, but I did write down that while we were waiting for ONE AK bus, we saw 4 for MK, 4 for DHS, 2 for Epcot, and 1 for DS.
We always seem to get a million busses for Disney Springs first thing in the morning. Which I never understand as nothing is open that early.

But this guy GLOWS IN THE DARK. So obviously, he came home with us.

Wait we have that guy and I don't think my daughter knows it glows in the dark!!!

We always seem to get a million busses for Disney Springs first thing in the morning. Which I never understand as nothing is open that early.

I know, right!? And at OKW there is a boat that goes to DS so I don't know why they even offer a bus if it's not raining :confused3

Wait we have that guy and I don't think my daughter knows it glows in the dark!!!

He does! The little white spots up the front of the head above his eyes glow for sure, and possibly the whites of his eyes too but I can't remember now. I'll have to test it tonight lol

It looks like I have a lot of lurkers reading so if you're one of them, please pop in and say hi! It kinda feels like I'm talking to myself when I write this so please motivate me to keep going! :rotfl2:

"Oh Look! A Drinkwallah!"
After we left Pandora, we headed over to Asia for Everest, which is easily one of my top 5 WDW rides. It's usually a close second, coming up just behind Soarin' - but with the new Soarin' video having that weird bending thing going on it you aren't right in the middle of the room...The top 5 is currently under refurbishment :laughing:

The clouds made it look super dark, but it was actually a beautiful day.

After Everest, we headed back towards the Asia/Africa merge and I stopped at Drinkwallah and got a frozen coke. I have never, in my life, been a soda drinker...but this was so refreshing! We quickly realized we should have just gotten 2 because I was not happy about sharing with Lumar!

We stopped for an early lunch at 8 Spoon Cafe. Lumar got the pulled pork mac & cheese and I got the shrimp mac & cheese.

These were AMAZING. I really did not think I was going to like this as much as I did! I only wish there were more than three shrimp!

(Photobucket keeps making all of my pictures blurry when I try to edit them, which is really annoying)

I loved sitting there eating, watching all of the macaws fly around! I liked being able to take a million pics of them in their enclosures but having them fly around free is so much better!

After we ate, we headed back into Asia, and super casually I said "oh, look...a Drinkwallah!" So we stopped and got another Frozen Coke. I found out way later in the day that Lumar didn't realize we had turned around and he thought we were at another Drinkwallah. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
These were AMAZING. I really did not think I was going to like this as much as I did! I only wish there were more than three shrimp!

These have been on my must try list for a couple trips now. Maybe next time! Glad to hear that you guys like them both!

I'm going to be brave and go on Everest next year! I always chicken out! :rolleyes1

Love the ears!

We arrived at the bus stop at 8:40am. At 9am, we were still waiting. I didn't write down what time the bus actually arrived, but I did write down that while we were waiting for ONE AK bus, we saw 4 for MK, 4 for DHS, 2 for Epcot, and 1 for DS. I remember at the time being super annoyed about the bus service so far, and we were only on our second day. And now, I'm even more perturbed because rather than just fix whatever the issue is that they are having with the bus service, they would rather focus on the Minnie Vans and make you pay to get around. The buses are advertised everywhere as "running every 15-20 minutes" and we waited well over 20 almost every time we were headed to a park. This was why I opted not to stay a t BWV again - they share a bus with YC, BC, Swan, & Dolphin, and with the 20+ minute wait just for the bus to arrive, then another 10 minutes for the 4 other resort stops, it was taking us the better part of an hour to get anywhere from the time we left the room.

That is just the Disney bus rule...the bus to the park you're heading to never comes but of course you'll see multiple for all other parks. :confused3

You can see the line here for FoP, already almost to the entrance of Pandora. When we walked by the CM at the end of the line, the sign she had said that the wait was 3 hours from that point. THREE. HOURS. :faint:

Yeah so crazy! I'm sure it''s not as long as that and they kinda do it to discourage people and disperse the crowds a bit, but maybe it's 2.5 instead of 3 hours, but still that is 2 hours too long for me!

I've put a self-imposed, Lumar enforced, rule in place that prohibits me from buying plushes/stuffed animals. Because I love them but I don't need them and I don't have room to put them. But this guy GLOWS IN THE DARK. So obviously, he came home with us.

Aww so cute! I love plushes and have way too many and had to give a bunch away and of course I bought all these hello kitty ones at Comic Con. :rotfl:

So yeah, Pandora was incredible, and that was just during the day! We knew that it really kind of comes alive at night with the bio-luminescence and reminded each other to make sure we walked through again that night before we left!

Spoiler Alert: :rolleyes:

Haha I could have told you that. It was not as impressive as they made it out to be.

Wow now I really regret not getting the shrimp one. I'm just usually so full when I'm in AK because we always eat at Tiffins or Satuli. But maybe next time I'll just have to carve out some time just for this!

These have been on my must try list for a couple trips now. Maybe next time! Glad to hear that you guys like them both!

I didn't try the pulled pork one but the shrimp one was great - the shrimp were fresh and cooked perfectly and the chili sauce was wonderful. I don't even like mac & cheese and I would have had a full sized portion of this!

I'm going to be brave and go on Everest next year! I always chicken out! :rolleyes1

The very first time I went on it, I felt underwhelmed when we got off. But then we did it again and I realized how much of it I missed the first time and now I absolutely love it. We try to go on it as many times as possible! I won't lie to you - it's intense once you get past the first part!

Love the ears!

Thanks! I have accidentally started amassing a collection of them but I have almost all Magic Kingdom appropriate ones - I need some for the other parks!

That is just the Disney bus rule...the bus to the park you're heading to never comes but of course you'll see multiple for all other parks. :confused3

OMG I probably could've gotten there faster if I walked! And I LOVE taking the buses - I feel like it's all part of the magic/experience. But waiting for like 45 minutes and watching multiple buses for other parks come and go completely empty is maddening. And I feel like they aren't really even considering figuring out a way to "fix" the problem, because they would rather people pay for the Minnie Vans if they're in that big of a hurry, you know? It's really disillusioning when you think about it that way and it makes me sad

Yeah so crazy! I'm sure it''s not as long as that and they kinda do it to discourage people and disperse the crowds a bit, but maybe it's 2.5 instead of 3 hours, but still that is 2 hours too long for me!

Yeah I would never wait more than 30 minutes. Nope.

Aww so cute! I love plushes and have way too many and had to give a bunch away and of course I bought all these hello kitty ones at Comic Con.

I bought the NYCC Exclusive Tentacle Kitty. He's so adorable. And I always buy a plush Pokémon. Every year. This year included lol

Haha I could have told you that. It was not as impressive as they made it out to be

Oh no, really?! I was really looking forward to actually seeing it next year! :rotfl2: I mean, I imagine it's cool but probably not worth making a bunch of schedule adjustments just to go look at it.

Wow now I really regret not getting the shrimp one. I'm just usually so full when I'm in AK because we always eat at Tiffins or Satuli. But maybe next time I'll just have to carve out some time just for this!
It was sooo good! Way better than that Beef Nigiri you got! :rotfl2:

Ok I’m finally caught up although I’m never going to remember what I want to comment on and everything I do say will probably be out of order so sorry in advance! :rolleyes1

Haha the bug spray kills me...like how?? :rotfl:

I love the view from your room at OKW. I always think that’s one of the last places I want to stay but I then I see pictures and I really want to stay there! It looks so tropical and pretty.

I love the new Soarin but I miss the old one. That Paris scene really bothers me, and so does the Egypt part. Oh and the elephants because I hate the smell of grass. Other than that, love it! :thumbsup2

Wow I was going to ask if you really bought that Figment hoodie but then I saw that you didn’t. It’s so cute, but doesn’t it have wings on the back? I don’t like that. I also don’t like that it’s so expensive.

Sorry you guys didn’t like La Hacienda. It’s so pretty inside but I’ve never heard anyone say anything good about it. :confused3

Wow a 3 hour wait for FoP!! And I thought Brandon making me wait 80 minutes for it was bad! Those people are crazy!!

I still have yet to do that Na’vi river ride. I never get an FP for it and the wait is always so long!! I feel like I’ll never see it. Well, maybe when Star Wars opens and pandora is abandoned! :rotfl:

Haha you and your stuffed animals! I won’t allow myself to buy stuffed animals anymore. Or mugs. Well unless they’re the Starbucks mugs because I clearly need those even though I have so many they’re basically falling out of my cabinets :faint:

I don’t know where you guys are for lunch in AK but it looked amazing!!

Ready for another update, so it can take me a month to comment! :wave:

Ok I’m finally caught up although I’m never going to remember what I want to comment on and everything I do say will probably be out of order so sorry in advance! :rolleyes1

It's OK, I forgive you lol

Haha the bug spray kills me...like how?? :rotfl:

giphy.gif

I love the view from your room at OKW. I always think that’s one of the last places I want to stay but I then I see pictures and I really want to stay there! It looks so tropical and pretty.

I really do like OKW. It's very laid back and peaceful. My mom actually liked it so much that it piqued her interest in DVC lol AKL is favorite, obviously, but OKW is the place to be if you want to just take up a semi-permanent residence at a pool bar.

I love the new Soarin but I miss the old one. That Paris scene really bothers me, and so does the Egypt part. Oh and the elephants because I hate the smell of grass. Other than that, love it! :thumbsup2

The elephant scene is my favorite! I want to just jump down onto the elephant's back and ride away into the sunset!

Wow I was going to ask if you really bought that Figment hoodie but then I saw that you didn’t. It’s so cute, but doesn’t it have wings on the back? I don’t like that. I also don’t like that it’s so expensive.

The wings were my favorite part! :rotfl2: But yeah, $65? Nope. Like I said, that's 1/4 the price of a new DDB! :laughing:

Sorry you guys didn’t like La Hacienda. It’s so pretty inside but I’ve never heard anyone say anything good about it. :confused3

I feel like every TR I was reading prior to this trip had people talking about how much they loved La Hacienda. And were sooo excited to try it. But it was a huge disappointment from start to finish. I wish I was a "complainer" because I probably could have gotten a discount on the bill if I was.

Wow a 3 hour wait for FoP!! And I thought Brandon making me wait 80 minutes for it was bad! Those people are crazy!!

I kept checking the app to see what the posted wait times were and it was always around 3 hours throughout the entire day. And Na'vi River was around 2-2.5 hours all day long a well. Craziness.

I still have yet to do that Na’vi river ride. I never get an FP for it and the wait is always so long!! I feel like I’ll never see it. Well, maybe when Star Wars opens and pandora is abandoned! :rotfl:

I always thought that's how it would be for TSMM! Like when Pandora opened I assumed people would just be swarming over to AK and neglecting DHS so I was like "Oh good, now the wait for TSMM won't be 2 hours long". Nope. It was still over 100 minutes every time we walked by it.

Haha you and your stuffed animals! I won’t allow myself to buy stuffed animals anymore. Or mugs. Well unless they’re the Starbucks mugs because I clearly need those even though I have so many they’re basically falling out of my cabinets :faint:

I know, I'm much better about it than I used to be but I still can't 100% quit buying them lol And I'm also obsessed with coffee mugs even though we also have no room for more. I have to show you the Harry Potter one I got at Comic-Con last weekend. It's so enormous it's comical. I don't even know what to actually do with it.

I don’t know where you guys are for lunch in AK but it looked amazing!!

8 Spoon Café - it's a little shack right near Asia... I don't know if it's in Asia or if it's technically still Discovery Island. It's painted blue now but I think it used to be purple:
http://cdn.wdwmagic.com/imgstore/El...quality=60&encoder=freeimage&progressive=true

Ready for another update, so it can take me a month to comment! :wave:

:rotfl2: Hopefully I'll get to do one tonight!

OMG I was just about done with this update and I managed to somehow erase the entire first half it by accident! :faint: I had so many fun and witty things to say, too! :laughing:

"Oh, hey! Animals!"

(Forgive me though, because I won't have any pictures for a hot minute)

After our 2nd stop at Drinkwallah for another frozen Coke, we continued on into Asia for our Everest FPs (we were able to ride earlier using the stand-by line)! I love this coaster so much! The changing track, going backwards in the dark, the actual Yeti (who apparently is never going to move again? :confused3 ) It's just such a cool ride. And the queue is filled with so many cool things to look at!

After Everest, we took our time getting to Dinoland so we could use our Dinosaur FPs. I assure you, we did get the ride photo but I wasn't able to resize it ( ::cough cough photobucket cough cough:: ) and rather than horrify you all with a life-sized picture of every pore on my face, I'll just omit it for now. Besides, I basically have the same "terrified-even-though-I've-been-on-this-ride-before" face that I have in every picture I have ever taken on Dinosaur. I do love it, don't get me wrong, but man does it give a different kind of thrill!

We went on Primeval Whirl after Dinosaur because it had almost no wait, which is like, unheard of. Then we stopped for some super cute pics before going to snag some lunch:

I'm a super fan of sweet, Chinese-style chicken, so lunch today was from Yak & Yeti Local Foods.

And somehow, Lumar managed to get a hot dog and fries. I remember that he stood in line with me to order...I do not remember him ordering a hot dog.

The mini mango pie, I remember...

We managed to snag a table with a Tree of Life view:

After lunch, we stopped at Tamu Tamu for some adult beverages... Spiked Dole Whip! I got the dark rum and Lumar got the coconut rum. Sooooo good!!

I also took a picture of this very important PSA. But I have no idea where I found it :confused3

I think we pretty much just wandered around in the various gift shops for a while after this. We weren't able to get any FPs for the Safari but I wanted to stay to watch Rivers of Light because we hadn't seen it before.

But then, we were walking over the bridge that connects Africa to Discover Island and I saw something.
"Oh, hey! Animals!" I called to Lumar.

We were at Animal Kingdom and I literally had not seen any animals (save for the macaws earlier) all day. It was the Saddlebill Storks and they were not at all interested in having me photograph them. So this was the best I could get:

We wandered some more and right before the show I got an ice cream cone from the ice cream truck and then we went inside and got some seats.

And, probably the best pic of the night:

Overall, RoL was really cool. I don't know that I would plan to go see it again, if I have the option to ride EE or the Safari instead. But it was nice to see at least the one time. And if we happen to be in the park and need something to kill time for an hour or so, I'd stay and watch it. But it's not like Fantasmic or Illuminations where I have to sit and watch it. I'd definitely much rather be on a ride.

But it was a great day at AK and we were tired from the heat so after the show, we headed back to OKW for some sleep!

Last edited:
And somehow, Lumar managed to get a hot dog and fries. I remember that he stood in line with me to order...I do not remember him ordering a hot dog.

Very Authentic Chinese! I do like that they throw things like this in, for people to have the option.

After lunch, we stopped at Tamu Tamu for some adult beverages... Spiked Dole Whip! I got the dark rum and Lumar got the coconut rum. Sooooo good!!

Yum! Did you try both? Could you tell a difference in the rums?

I still have yet to see Rivers of Light! But now that they pulled the live actors from the show I just don't know if its even worth it. Maybe someday! Like you said I would rather ride a ride or tbh head out of the park for dinner elsewhere! lol

Very Authentic Chinese! I do like that they throw things like this in, for people to have the option.

I was looking at the picture like "where the heck did he get a hot dog??" But I agree, for picky eaters it is nice that they have some old favorites available. It sure beats going to two or three different places just so that everyone can have something they like

Yum! Did you try both? Could you tell a difference in the rums?

Yes! I could definitely taste the difference. I liked them both but I liked the dark rum just a smidge better because I felt that the coconut flavor of the other one kind of overshadowed the Dole Whip, you know? But I would definitely get either one again.

I still have yet to see Rivers of Light! But now that they pulled the live actors from the show I just don't know if its even worth it. Maybe someday! Like you said I would rather ride a ride or tbh head out of the park for dinner elsewhere! lol

Wow, I didn't even know they took the actors out! Yeah, it was pretty but I'd much rather spend my time doing something else. The projections on the ToL are cool I just don't see the need to do a full on show there. Especially if they took the people out of it. Is it sad that part of me is wondering if they started offering the show just so that they could sell tickets to another dessert party? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter