"I'm off the hook...so I had to book!"

Congrats! I just took my divorce trip over new years and am going again in July!

Since I am one of the ones that posted about the joy of divorce and the cleansing trip to WDW, it suddenly hit me on how we are celebrating a failed marriage and in some cases a traumatically broken family. I suspect we do it to express a relief of sorts and know that divorce doesn't have the social trauma that it once had.

My divorce happened after my kids had grown, married and were either working on or had already started a family. But, to show how much affect that it still had on them, the other day my youngest daughter (44 years old) was at my place visiting. I have a changeable calendar, (the type where you have little wooden numbers that have to be changed every month) that she gave us when we were still married. It says "The (family name)", followed by the words "Established in 1972". I went in another room to find something and when I returned, there she was looking at that calendar with tears rolling down her face. She didn't say much, but I could tell that she seemed to be mourning what she perceived as once a very happy family. It almost made me cry, and I have been called dead from the neck up for my ability to never show much emotion. We sometimes get so wrapped up in our own emotions that we fail to see the impact that our actions (regardless of good or bad) affects others.

Booked my "Divorce Celebration" solo yesterday! Staying 6 nights at FW...in my one-person backpacking tent! Couldn't be more excited. Honeymooned there 27 years ago. Took the boys three times. Now I'm gonna do MY plan!

Have a wonderful time. I bet you deserve it!!!!

Have an amazing time! A solo trip is definitely freeing and it's lovely being able to do what you want, when you want. Embrace it and enjoy all it has in store for you!

I’ve never been married, but I remember my “I’m not engaged anymore” trip. I wish you a happy next chapter!

I wish you the happiest adventure and you never know you may bump into your Prince Charming there. I never really booked my official divorced or single celebration trip, and long overdue, would like to really put some thought into all things I would like to do and have never done. Have fun pixiedust:

I'm not sure I agree that we are celebrating a failed marriage. For me, I'm applauding _Cy_'s efforts to build a new life after something sad happened. And what better place to start a new life than WDW?

I goI get in November for my celebration that my exhusband and his wife will be out of my life for good! All the stalking and manipulating is hopefully over and I can stop looking over my shoulder. So I’m going to the place where the magic will restore my energy and enjoy myself. And my best friend will be celebrating with me as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!