I'm just SO HAPPY to be here! Christin&Ben's Feb/Mar 2013 Trip! UPDATE 4/7!!!!!!!!!!!

Breakfast looks yummy right now. Those pancakes are just crazy, aren't they? Definitely enough to fill more than one!

I miss that good morning song! I can totally relate to getting a bit teary, too.

Lovin your MK pictures! The color is awesome in that last one with the Dapper Dans. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see which you pick next. My guess is Belle. :confused3

Your breakfast at Kona looks so good! Would you happen to know if the juice with breakfast was plain orange juice or was it the yummy concoction that they serve at Ohana for breakfast?

Enjoying your report!

Yay for getting front row parking and making the opening show. The CM's spring outfits are soooo beautiful. pixiedust:

Yum! Your Kona breakfast looks soooo good.:love:

I wonder if you chose to visit Belle and Ariel. Hmmm....:scratchin

:offtopic: Just to clarify, we honeymooned in Grand Canaria - the largest and lush Canary Island and took the excursion to volcanic Lanzarote for camel-riding. The vinyards there are amazing. Each vine is deep in black volcanic sand depressions with walls built around them to shield them from the winds. From there we went to Spain. O.K. enough about that. Now back to this wonderful TR!!:yay:

It's funny; it looks so crowded on Main Street but by the hub it's so empty. How were the crowds?

Breakfast looks yummy right now. Those pancakes are just crazy, aren't they? Definitely enough to fill more than one!

I miss that good morning song! I can totally relate to getting a bit teary, too.

Lovin your MK pictures! The color is awesome in that last one with the Dapper Dans. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see which you pick next. My guess is Belle. :confused3

Those pancakes were DEFINITELY enough for two! Yummm, I wish I had some right now!

I love that shot! Their outfits totally pop!

Your breakfast at Kona looks so good! Would you happen to know if the juice with breakfast was plain orange juice or was it the yummy concoction that they serve at Ohana for breakfast?

Enjoying your report!

I'm not sure if it is the same one as 'Ohana, but they call is the Lillikoi juice, and it is AMAZING!

Thanks for reading!

Yay for getting front row parking and making the opening show. The CM's spring outfits are soooo beautiful. pixiedust:

Yum! Your Kona breakfast looks soooo good.:love:

I wonder if you chose to visit Belle and Ariel. Hmmm....:scratchin

:offtopic: Just to clarify, we honeymooned in Grand Canaria - the largest and lush Canary Island and took the excursion to volcanic Lanzarote for camel-riding. The vinyards there are amazing. Each vine is deep in black volcanic sand depressions with walls built around them to shield them from the winds. From there we went to Spain. O.K. enough about that. Now back to this wonderful TR!!:yay:

It's funny; it looks so crowded on Main Street but by the hub it's so empty. How were the crowds?

I love that opening show! You're right, their outfits are great for Spring!

I wish I had that breakfast right now!

Sounds like an amazing Honeymoon!

The crowds were not bad at all. A bit busier than what I had hoped, but we didn't have many issues with it being too crowded.

Sorry I missed the end of your last TR, things have been so busy for me with school and work that I haven't been on the dis since february :scared1: I'm glad to see you have started a new one and I am here to follow along with you, if not as often as I would prefer, I'll try ;) Can't wait to see more!

Sorry I missed the end of your last TR, things have been so busy for me with school and work that I haven't been on the dis since february :scared1: I'm glad to see you have started a new one and I am here to follow along with you, if not as often as I would prefer, I'll try ;) Can't wait to see more!

Welcome back, thanks for reading!!

To Infinity...and Beyond!!!!

When I left off, we had entered Magic Kingdom and were trying to decide if we should hit Enchanted Tales with Belle first, or our traditional first ride, Space Mountain! We had been going back and forth on this for quite a while, but ultimately decided that we could not justify spending all the precious early morning time standing in line and experiencing ETwB. We knew we wanted to see it, but we decided to give it a try late one night instead.

So, we made our way toward Tomorrowland!!

DSC04723_zpsea14611a.jpg

Those people to the right of the topiaries were part of a film crew. There was some woman being filmed for something, I’m not sure what? We didn’t stick around very long to find out…we had a Space Mission to get ready for!

And then…..Ben had to stop and tie his show.

DSC04725_zpsbefb314c.jpg

Yup, within ten minutes of entering the park, before we even made it to a ride, he had to hold us up to tie his darn shoe. DOUBLE KNOT PEOPLE!!!!! This became a theme throughout the trip, so you will get to see Ben tying his shoe a few more times!

Getting there!!

DSC04726_zps0b0c6c47.jpg

We walked right on to the boarding area!

DSC04727_zpsc33b7d96.jpg

And I got to sit in the front row!!!!

DSC04728_zps3adf0885.jpg

After our ride through space, we headed over to ride Buzz. I am historically TERRIBLE at this game, but I had been watching youtube videos, and I was DETERMINED to redeem myself!

DSC04729_zpsfc0c7b6e.jpg

DSC04730_zps0d468b56.jpg

Again, we walked right on! I tried my hardest…but failed miserably.

DSC04733_zpsc88cb130.jpg

I just can’t tell where my laser is pointing! I was feeling optimistic though, so I dragged Ben right on again. I just needed a warm up round, right? I was DEFINITELY going to max out the score this time…I mean, I knew EXACTLY where to aim!

DSC04734_zps9c209566.jpg

Sigh. I’m hopeless. And in case there is any question, I’m the one in the twenty-thousands on both rides. Don’t judge me.

After this was when our feelings of “I’m just SO HAPPY to be here” started to kick in again. We felt no sense of urgency. I asked Ben what he wanted to do next, and he said Peoplemover. He has NEVER asked to go on the Peoplemover before….who am I to argue?

DSC04735_zps5993cdeb.jpg

DSC04736_zps8790de44.jpg

I just love this ride. It is so relaxing and you get such great views!

DSC04737_zps8385a726.jpg

It was such a beautiful day!

DSC04738_zpsbabaa3ab.jpg

Crowds were still very light in Tomorrowland!

DSC04740_zps590529ca.jpg

DSC04741_zpsb4d6e5fa.jpg

Up next, we decided to make our way toward the New Fantasyland to check it out. We knew the line for Belle would be too long by now, but we figured we could ride the Little Mermaid and check out Gaston’s Tavern.

On our walk, the most AMAZING thing happened! For the first time in my life, I said “OMG” out loud.

I SPOTTED TWEEDLE DEE AND TWEEDLE DUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were greeting near the teacups, right next to where Alice and the White Rabbit greet!

The Tweedles are one of the only characters I can remember meeting on my very first trip when I was a kid. Of course, I was super excited and I dragged Ben over to get in line!

We admired the topiaries while we waited!

DSC04742_zps234c1535.jpg

The line was very short, so after just a few minutes, it was our turn! Ben wanted to take the picture with funny faces, and even the Tweedles joined in!!

DSC04748_zpsa109385a.jpg

Love that picture!!

I had always wanted a photo with the White Rabbit, but I hate meeting face characters, so we had never done it because we had never seen him without Alice. I think face characters are great for kids, but I don’t have anything to say to them, so I feel awkward!

When we finished with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Alice had just gone on break and the White Rabbit was greeting on his own. Most of the line had stepped aside to wait for Alice, so we got to be second in line to meet the Rabbit!

DSC04752_zpsa60ed73c.jpg

With these two successful character photo ops completed, we continued on our way toward the New Fantasyland. We decided to make a quick detour to grab fastpasses to Peter Pan first.

DSC04753_zps2c6778e9.jpg

I just love all the color of Fantasyland!

DSC04754_zps2a4b5601.jpg

DSC04755_zps2d01a9c5.jpg

DSC04757_zps5c23b230.jpg

DSC04758_zpse90a8f21.jpg

Fastpasses in hand, we made our way back and headed through the new castle walls for our first glimpse of the New Fantasyland!!!!

DSC04759_zps53a50168.jpg

Next Stop: New Fantasyland, of course!!

Great update and love the photos! I have never seen tweedle dee and tweedle dum or the white rabbit. :)

Wait! So you didn't talk to the film crew near the Minnie/Mickey topiaries?! You gave up the chance to be in the newest "Must Do's" with Stacey?!:lmao::rotfl:

What a great pic of the trees in tomorrowland. I just love the way they shape them.

Yay for meeting the Tweedles and the White Rabbit.:cool1: There's nothing like that feeling of meeting the elusive characters that are special to you. I know what you mean about having something to say to face characters. It helps if they're engaging. Jasmine asked us if we wanted to go shopping with her in Agraba for the latest fashions! It put us at ease and led to a great conversation.

What a beautiful day. You look like you're having so much fun. Ben really had Zurg on the run!!!:cool1:

LOVE that Ben is checking his watch in your White Rabbit pic! :lmao: I don't know why that just cracked me up so much, but I even had to share with John while I sat here laughing. I can't believe I've never seen anyone do that before. Clever!

Great update! I can't believe your Buzz scores! I sometimes have a bit of trouble figuring out where I'm shooting, but I guess I've gotten it over time. Don't give up!

Your Peoplemover pics are my favorites of your update though. It's just Disney heaven to ride around on that, without a care to rush anywhere else. I'm missing it so much today!! :sad:

I completely agree on the face characters. I just feel awkward and I don't want them to talk to me, I think because I know it's an act. :confused3 Although I think I will love hearing what they have to say to my future children when they come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter