I'm Just Here For Brunch: A 16 Day DR *Update 8/3

Disney, lobster eggs Benedict with fried green tomatoes, AND Jason Mamoa! Sounds like a great day to me!!

First, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed The Plaza for breakfast as it has been on my radar. We have always loved it for lunch and dinners.
Second, I love how you and your husband always go see movies on your Disney vacas.
Finally, the food at Bongos looks yummy too!!!

Loved your review of Homecomin’ brunch so much we switched from Raglan Road to Homecomin’ for our brunch on our upcoming trip!!!

Can't wait to hear more about it. I thought of you today because for my "non kid" trip in November, I rented points at SSR for a few days! I've never done that before, and they are mid week because that's all that was available, but I'm pretty excited about it! I love how close it is to Disney Springs!

All caught up! So many delicious eats!!!

I haven’t been to tutto gusto in years but your review has me adding it to my list for my next trip. That meatball looked incredible.

I have to agree about the Cheshire Cat tail — it’s become one of my MK must-dos, too.

Isn't that Plaza breakfast wonderful! Just love the Benny on top of the fried green tomatoes. Trying to get a cancelation at Homecomin' for brunch on my late April arrival day but nothing is opening. May have to wait till October. Yum!

Disney, lobster eggs Benedict with fried green tomatoes, AND Jason Mamoa! Sounds like a great day to me!!

:thumbsup2 Right you are!

First, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed The Plaza for breakfast as it has been on my radar. We have always loved it for lunch and dinners.
Second, I love how you and your husband always go see movies on your Disney vacas.
Finally, the food at Bongos looks yummy too!!!

Definitely give breakfast a try! I liked it even better than lunch. We are so movie-going fools, that's for sure. We didn't get to the movies as much as we wanted to this trip, but we enjoyed the times we did get to go. I love Bongos! It's just a touch pricey for me and the service is hit or miss, so this little window is a nice option for some lighter fare.

Yay! We booked The Plaza brunch too!! Looking forward to that one. :)

Awesome! It is really good. I was looking forward to it also and for me it did not disappoint.

Loved your review of Homecomin’ brunch so much we switched from Raglan Road to Homecomin’ for our brunch on our upcoming trip!!!

:cool1: Good choice! I think I like Homecomin' better than RR.

Can't wait to hear more about it. I thought of you today because for my "non kid" trip in November, I rented points at SSR for a few days! I've never done that before, and they are mid week because that's all that was available, but I'm pretty excited about it! I love how close it is to Disney Springs!

How fun! That will be perfect for a non kid trip to just hop over to Disney Springs. I'm sure you are counting down the days already!

All caught up! So many delicious eats!!!

I haven’t been to tutto gusto in years but your review has me adding it to my list for my next trip. That meatball looked incredible.

I have to agree about the Cheshire Cat tail — it’s become one of my MK must-dos, too.

Oh my gosh, yes! The meatball was the best part. I hope you get back there on your next trip. :thumbsup2

It is so good! It looks like there is another one that is similar in AK now. I want to try it. For research/DR purposes of course. :laughing:

Isn't that Plaza breakfast wonderful! Just love the Benny on top of the fried green tomatoes. Trying to get a cancelation at Homecomin' for brunch on my late April arrival day but nothing is opening. May have to wait till October. Yum!

It really was! Glad you enjoyed it too! Keep trying and if you can't get a reservation you can always sit at the bar as a walk-up. Their bar is about the only one in the world I don't mind eating at. It's very roomy and comfortable and the bartenders there are so personable and fabulous.

After the movie we had a little time to kill until dinner, so we decided to just go early and hope they could seat us before our reservation. Our destination? Storybook Dining at Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge!

We took the bus from DS to Wilderness Lodge. Their little window display outside was still giving me Christmas vibes.

It was exciting to be back here after the three of had a wonderful stay here in 2017. I never ever get sick of seeing this beautiful lobby.

And I have to have my photo here every time we come. It's tradition.

We walked up to the check-in area at 6:20pm and our reservation was not until 7:05pm. The hostess said she doubted they could seat us early but she would check us in. I wasn't surprised by this since it was really tough to get this reservation. I had one for the following week originally and then when Lindsay decided to join us during the beginning of the trip I tried like crazy to change it so that she could go. Rob is not big on character dining and Lindsay really wanted to do it, so I knew it would be more fun if she could make it. Thankfully I scored a reservation right before we left for the trip. If you can't get a reservation, just keep trying!

We decided to wait it out at Territory Lounge, which is unchanged even with the new changes to Artist Point. Here is a look at their specialty drinks.

Rob had a First Timer and an Old Fashioned, which I did not get photos of. I had the Our Neighborhood.

This drink was amazing. And geez was it strong. One more of these and I would have been crawling to dinner. :laughing:

Our bartender Brucie was awesome! She told us all kinds of stories about working at Pleasure Island back in the day. She was a hoot. She also told us, after we asked if you could get the new drinks from Artist Point in the lounge, that the specialty cocktails at Artist Point are all batched and so they're pretty weak. I was glad she said that because thankfully I went in with lower expectations about the cool looking drinks.

It was now 7:20pm and still no buzz for our reservation. Rob was super annoyed that we were now going to be seated 15 minutes late, so he went back down to the hostess stand and magically as soon as he walked back into the lounge the buzzer went off. :scratchin We settled up our tab and thankfully we were able to use our TiW card in there since Artist Point is not taking TiW yet for this new dining experience.

We were seated not too far from the entrance to the restaurant. I do love the new decor with the lanterns and twinkling tree effects.

I also loved the menus that looked like an old fashioned book right out of a fairy tale.

The forest themed lazy Susans for the food presentation was a nice touch as well.

Our napkins had these little paper apples with all the characters signatures on them which is a nice little memento of the meal.

We started with drinks Lindsay and I both got the Enchanted Apple. Skyy citrus vodka, DeKupyer pucker sour apple and white cranberry juice.

Even though I'm not a big vodka drinker anymore, this drink looked too good to pass up from the photos I had seen. It was very mediocre. The glass wasn't even full! If you're going to batch my drink and not even make it to order at least give me a full glass for goodness sake. This wasn't very strong. Do it for the Gram and not for the taste if you must. :laughing:

Rob tried the Smoking Mirror. Johnnie Walker Black, wildberry, lime, rosemary smoke.

This came with a cool presentation. Our server brought it out in this special case and you could really see the smoke. Great presentation, but he didn't think the drink was that great. Style over substance on the drinks.

They soon came out with the trio of appetizers for the table.

First was the Wicked Shrimp Cocktail. Soy, miso, avocado, Thai chili, greens.

Meh. It was cold shrimp. The flavor on this was nice but nothing spectacular. No one was loving or hating this.

Next was the Winter Squash Bisque.

This was a hit at the table! The caramel lollipop was a nice little touch to stir into the soup and it melted right into it. We all scraped our bowls clean.

Then it was the Hunter's Pie. Chicken, black truffle, stone fruit preserve.

Inside the pie.

Another huge hit at the table. The preserves made it special. I found out recently that you can ask for more of the appetizers. Had we known that I think we all would have asked for seconds on the soup and the pie.

For entrees Rob went with the Magic Mirror Slow-braised Veal Shank with celery root mashed, wilted winter greens, jus.

He really enjoyed this dish and was glad that he chose it. He ate every bit of it.

Lindsay and I both got the Royal Prime Rib Roast with horseradish mashed potato, hay smoked carrots, popover, jus.

Yummmmm!!!!! My prime rib was cooked beautifully and those horseradish mashed potatoes were phenomenal. I didn't like the popover as much as I hoped I would, but that was hardly a big deal.

During the meal Snow White, Dopey and Grumpy came around to the tables as well and we had some cute interactions and took photos with them.

We also went up for a photo with the Wicked Queen. She is the only character that doesn't come around to the table. She stays in one spot and you can go up at your leisure for photos. There is also a Photopass photographer there to take your photo as well, which is great since I get free downloads with my AP.

This was me explaining to her that she is represented on my leggings this evening. :laughing:

Then it was time for the trio of desserts.

First was the 'Poison' Apple. white chocolate-apple mousse with a sour center.

This is not a dessert I would ever normally pick, but it was very good. Just the right amount of tart/sour.

Then the Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie.

This was my favorite. It was very much like apple pie.

Then the Miner's Treasures. Sponge cake, chocolate gems, and buttercream icing.

Very cut presentation and tasty. Not super flavorful, but good.

To end the meal our server came out with the huntsman's box which held Snow White's heart. Complete with a nice smoking effect and left this treat of maple popcorn and ganache hearts.

The verdict? We all enjoyed it! For $55 it was worth the cost. We did get 10% off the food as APs which took a little of the sting off the bill, but not a lot. :laughing: For prime rib and all the different dessert and appetizers and character interaction it was worth it. But would I do it again? Probably not. While it was good and fun it won't be one I have to do every time I come to WDW. It is absolutely worth doing once, especially if you have a Snow White fan in your group. Our server was not the best as we had to flag him down a few times for drink refills and the check and then again after the check came out without the 10% off. He was nice enough, but I got the impression that he used to work at Artist Point before the change and was hating all the fairy tale stuff. :laughing: He just seemed to be phoning it in a bit.

I was glad I got to do this while Lindsay was still here because I think if it had just been Rob and I he would have been a little complainy. But he was a good sport tonight for my sake. Now begins the long journey back to the resort since I stupidly didn't drive to dinner. :sad2:

We have this booked in less than 4 weeks. Yay! This reservation was extremely easy to book, but I can't get one for August or September. I will continue to keep looking...I'm glad it was worth doing.

FUN!!!!

Question: Can you ONLY get the drinks listed on the menu or can I get a drink with actual booze in it? lol. Or like, a glass of wine?

Hi Jeri! I missed the start of your food party but I'm all caught up now. Can't wait to hear more about your dining adventures.

Loving the dining review but had to say “hello” to a fellow Corgi lover!

Just had to say that your dining review is downright inspirational...we’re headed down in July and it’s possible I just booked a Raglan Road brunch and made a mental note to hit Tutto Gusto because of your reviews! :thumbsup2

All caught up! Between Gurgling Suitcase and Territory Lounge, I really want to make the focus of my next trip resort hopping! The potato balls at Bongo’s sound right up my alley. At one point that spot was rumored to close... I wonder what’s going on with it. Love Raglan and Homecomin but haven’t tried brunch yet... and now a brunch at Wine Bar George too. Yum!

We have this booked in less than 4 weeks. Yay! This reservation was extremely easy to book, but I can't get one for August or September. I will continue to keep looking...I'm glad it was worth doing.

Awesome! I had a similar thing happen where I had no issue getting a reservation for the following week but then when I tried to get one for when my SIL was there it was a struggle. I hope you enjoy your meal there as well!

FUN!!!!

Question: Can you ONLY get the drinks listed on the menu or can I get a drink with actual booze in it? lol. Or like, a glass of wine?

LOL I am pretty sure that you can also get a real drink. If worse comes to worse you can always get a drink at Territory Lounge and bring it in with you.

Hi Jeri! I missed the start of your food party but I'm all caught up now. Can't wait to hear more about your dining adventures.

Yay! Hey Kari! So glad you joined in. :goodvibes

Just had to say that your dining review is downright inspirational...we’re headed down in July and it’s possible I just booked a Raglan Road brunch and made a mental note to hit Tutto Gusto because of your reviews! :thumbsup2

That's so awesome! RR brunch is always a good time. And yay for a double digit countdown. :cool1:

All caught up! Between Gurgling Suitcase and Territory Lounge, I really want to make the focus of my next trip resort hopping! The potato balls at Bongo’s sound right up my alley. At one point that spot was rumored to close... I wonder what’s going on with it. Love Raglan and Homecomin but haven’t tried brunch yet... and now a brunch at Wine Bar George too. Yum!

I love spending time at all the resorts. If it was up to me we would do a ton of split stays to fully immerse ourselves in the different resorts every trip but Rob hates switching resorts so I try to just stick to meals/drinks at the resorts. Bongos appetizers are delish. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that spot is closing with all the crazy changes at Disney Springs. I feel like there's barely anything that's the same as it was even in the last 2 or 3 years there. Homecomin' brunch is a must. I am definitely wanting to try the brunch at Wine Bar George as well. Too many brunches and not enough weekends!

The next morning we were skipping the parks during the day, so we all woke up leisurely and eventually made our way over to Good's Food To Go at our resort for some breakfast.

Rob got the Ham and Cheese on Texas toast.

This thing was as lackluster as it looks. :laughing: Nothing too great with this bfast option.

I got the Harry's Hearty Breakfast Bowl served with scrambled eggs, O'Brien potatoes topped with a biscuit and gravy.

This option was decent. If there had been more gravy and if the biscuit had been fresher it would have been really good. This was definitely the thing to get here. My SIL ate fruit like a nerd. :rotfl:I feel like the setup for this counter service option at OKW isn't the best. It doesn't allow for the best options or something. The cooking area is just too small. If we stay at OKW again in the future I think Good's will not be on our radar.

Then we headed back to our room to get ready for our afternoon dining experience. Do the earrings I got for the occasion give you a hint as to where we are going?

The food at Tutto Gusto looks so good. I keep forgetting about it but will have to have it on the radar on our next trip.
Looks like someone at Goods forgot what toasted means :sad2:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter