"I'm Gonna Need You to Hold My Eye." - A Feb. 2020 21st Bday TR! *COMPLETE 6/5*

Sounds like you made good time throughout the day, except when you hit the traffic- ugh! Good idea stopping for the night!

It became clear really quickly that stopping was the best choice! :D

SOOO looking forward to your TR since our June trip is questionable right now!!! Can't wait to finish reading about your fabulous trip!

Thank you so much for reading along!! Sending lots of pixie dust that your June trip will still happen!

Thursday February 27, 2020
Travel Day 2/Day 1

This morning, I woke up around 7:00am, but we all laid around for a little while before we started to get ready. It was a little before 8:30am when we went down to breakfast.

Their waffle iron made these little waffle boats! They were so cute and yummy, as hotel waffles always are.

After breakfast, we went back upstairs to finish getting our stuff together. Then, we loaded up the car and were on the road again just before 9:30am!

We had ourselves a little Disney sing along in the car to pass the time. It was around 11:00 or so when we stopped at a service plaza to use the restroom, and then we were right back on the road.

An hour or so later, we were pulling into this beautiful place!

Though, I should back up. We had put CSR into the GPS, and it got…confused. It actually sent us down a CM-only entrance, which of course we couldn’t use, so then we had to back up verrryyy carefully to get back on the road and go in the correct entrance. All while a police car sat twenty feet away, probably laughing his head off at us. Good times. :rotfl:

BUT we did finally make it to the entrance! We parked in the 30-minute parking and went inside to see if we could get in our room. The line moved kind of slow, but finally an extremely enthusiastic CM named Austin helped us. He told us our room wasn’t ready quite yet, but was able to show us on the map where we would be. I got my birthday button, and then we moved our car over to the Casitas section, which is where he said our room would be. Then we were off to the bus stop! We waited about ten minutes for a Disney Springs bus, and we got one of the buses with the new wraps!

When we got to Disney Springs, we went straight to Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch—we were all super hungry by this point! Mom and I decided to share BBQ chicken pizza and a Caesar salad, and Emyle and Kelsey actually did the same thing.

We love WPE; it’s been a favorite of ours for years!

After we finished eating, we walked into the Tea & Spice Exchange, and Kelsey bought some tea for a friend of hers back home. Then, we wandered through the Christmas shop and the Pin Store. Our next stop was Basin, and I bought a tube of mini bath bombs, which I can’t wait to use! Basin bath bombs are amazing, and the fill-a-tube options are a really great deal!

Our next stop was World of Disney! We spent a long time wandering through everything, and Mom and I ended up buying a pack of pens.

I also got a Starbucks tumbler that I’ve been using non-stop during this quarantine situation (at home of course).

From there, we made a stop at Joffrey’s, and Mom and I shared a Kahlua-tini. We got it with a double shot, but we definitely were wishing we hadn’t. It was still good, but I think it would have been better with just a single shot.

We wandered into UniQlo, and I think Emyle bought a couple of tshirts. We made one last stop in Zara before heading out to the bus stop. We only waited about ten minutes or so, and then we were on a bus back to CSR.

We had gotten a text with our room number, so we made our way there only to hit a slight snafu. Austin, the nice CM that checked us in, had upgraded our location, but had put us in a handicap accessible room. This wouldn’t have been a major issue, except that it meant only one sink. Mom called down front to try to figure out what had happened (which is how we know he tried to upgrade us). The CM on the phone was very nice and totally understood the need for four girls to have two sinks, and she was able to move us to another room. We were still in the Casitas, but just in a different building. So, we moved the car down a little and started to unload our stuff.

We were in Room 5252. It was really funny to see someone else’s names on to TV when we walked in, and we made jokes about it for the rest of the trip! We got our stuff settled and then got ourselves ready to go back out.

Thursday February 27, 2020
Day 1, Part 2

We got to the bus stop around 6:50 or so. The bus to MK was absolutely packed, but we managed to get on it. Once we got to MK, we went through security and then started down the walkway to the Contemporary. Tonight we were drinking around the monorail!

When we got to the Contemporary, we headed straight to the Wave Lounge. I got an Antioxidant Lemonade (which has lemonade, pomegranate juice, blueberry vodka, Sprite, and maybe something else?),

which was super YUM, and Mom got a Bahama Mama.

We got a cheese board to share between the four of us, and Emyle and Kelsey also got some shrimp tacos which they said were delicious.

We really enjoyed everything we had here, and I think we will definitely be back!

Drinks and appetizers finished, we headed up the escalator to the monorail. We got through security pretty quickly, but there was quite a line in front of us, and we ended up having to wait for the third train.

We could see the Electric Water Pageant from where we were waiting!

It was about 9:20pm when we got on the monorail, so we decided that we would probably be done with our bar hopping after the Poly since it was a little later than we had planned. We got off at the Polynesian, and we decided to walk up at Kona instead of going down to the Tambu Lounge. Mom and I each got an order of sticky wings and we split a Lapu Lapu.

Emyle and Kelsey decided to split sticky wings and lobster mac and cheese.

Everything was super delicious! As we were eating the sticky wings, we were getting kind of silly and were talking about them as though we were judges on Chopped--thumbs up all around! :rotfl: I loved the Lapu Lapu (and I definitely drank most of it lol). Our sweet waitress (whose name I forgot to write down!) took our picture for us before we went on our way.

Emyle said something about wanting ice cream, so we wandered down to the food court to see if we could find anything. Nothing they had looked interesting to her, so we went back upstairs and ordered a Lyft. Our driver was very nice! He dropped us off at the front of CSR, and we decided to stop in our food court to look for ice cream.

On the way I spotted this gorgeous painting and had to take a picture!

The little grab & go store had gelato that Emyle and Kelsey wanted, and then I went over to the food court to get me a Mickey ice cream sandwich. Desserts in hand, we started the trek back to our room. PRO TIP: the bridge that runs out to the restaurant in the middle of the lagoon runs all the way across, and you don’t have to go inside the restaurant to get across. It was a lifesaver since our room was practically directly across from the main building! :thumbsup2

It was right around 11:05pm when we got back to our room. We finished our ice cream, got ready for bed, and crashed pretty hard. Tomorrow was a first park day! :cool1:

Their waffle iron made these little waffle boats!
Those are adorable!!
We saw WPE on our last trip and wanted to stop but never made it back - will have to add it for next time!
Basin bath bombs are amazing, and the fill-a-tube options are a really great deal!
Omg - love Basin! I got one of the mini tubes of bath salts last time and really wanted to get one of the tubes of bath bombs as well.
I also got a Starbucks tumbler that I’ve been using non-stop during this quarantine situation (at home of course).
Also love that tumbler!! I saw it in a few different stores and I think I am definitely going to have to get one next time if they still have them.

An hour or so later, we were pulling into this beautiful place!
Oh what I wouldn't do to see that sign asap!
We haven't been to WPE in a few years but we did used to enjoy it. It just seems if we're eating in DS it's TS or a lounge but if we did QS, WPE would be at the top of my choices.
loved the Lapu Lapu (and I definitely drank most of it lol). Our sweet waitress
Mmm Lapu Lapu= ❤
The little grab & go store had gelato
That gelato is great! Lots of nights when we've stayed at CSR we've come back and grabbed gelato.

I hope you and your family are all well!

Those are adorable!!

They were much easier to eat than the ones that are as big as the plate, too! 😆

We saw WPE on our last trip and wanted to stop but never made it back - will have to add it for next time

10/10 would definitely recommend! You should also try Earl of Sandwich if you haven't yet--super yummy!

Omg - love Basin! I got one of the mini tubes of bath salts last time and really wanted to get one of the tubes of bath bombs as well.

I was honestly amazed at my self-control while in Basin because I really wanted to buy ALL the things!

Also love that tumbler!! I saw it in a few different stores and I think I am definitely going to have to get one next time if they still have them.

I have been using that tumbler practically non-stop, so it was definitely a good purchase!

Sounds like a fun night resort hopping!!

We had so much fun! Such a great way to spend our first night there.

Oh what I wouldn't do to see that sign asap!

You and me both! :sad:

We haven't been to WPE in a few years but we did used to enjoy it. It just seems if we're eating in DS it's TS or a lounge but if we did QS, WPE would be at the top of my choices.

WPE & EoS are two of our favorites on property, but there are so many TS in Disney Springs that I would love to try!

That gelato is great! Lots of nights when we've stayed at CSR we've come back and grabbed gelato.

I hope you and your family are all well!

Thank you; we're all safe and working from home! Hope you all are staying safe! :)

Happy belated 21st birthday! I don't know why I never thought to go to Disney for my 21st lol. The BBQ chicken pizza from WPE is the way to go and that antioxidant lemonade sounds so good! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

Catching up now…

I’ve never been to WPE… I’ll have to check out their menu and see what they have for veg options. Looks like an all around nice afternoon at DS!

How nice of Austin to try to upgrade you guys, too bad the sink situation was a no go. But it sounds like it was easy (and quick!) enough to fix.

I LOVE The Wave’s cheese board. I guess mostly because I love cheese so much… Yum. Also I’ve never had a bad drink at The Wave, so I assume yours was yummy. That Lapu Lapu looks pretty good too… Gotta get me one of those next trip. Maybe I should be taking notes of your drink choices...

Overall arrival day seems to have been 100% perfect! Can’t wait to see how your first park day went.

Happy belated 21st birthday! I don't know why I never thought to go to Disney for my 21st lol. The BBQ chicken pizza from WPE is the way to go and that antioxidant lemonade sounds so good! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

Thank you so much! It was one of those things that we joked about for a while but never really thought would happen, but it was definitely the best way to celebrate!

The Antioxidant Lemonade was right up my alley and was so delicious!

Catching up now…

I’ve never been to WPE… I’ll have to check out their menu and see what they have for veg options. Looks like an all around nice afternoon at DS!

How nice of Austin to try to upgrade you guys, too bad the sink situation was a no go. But it sounds like it was easy (and quick!) enough to fix.

I LOVE The Wave’s cheese board. I guess mostly because I love cheese so much… Yum. Also I’ve never had a bad drink at The Wave, so I assume yours was yummy. That Lapu Lapu looks pretty good too… Gotta get me one of those next trip. Maybe I should be taking notes of your drink choices...

Overall arrival day seems to have been 100% perfect! Can’t wait to see how your first park day went.

WPE is great! I would think you'd be able to find something yummy--I know that you can get the Caesar salad that we got without chicken, and I'm sure there are other options!

We really enjoyed our experience at the Wave! Everything was wonderful! As was the Lapu Lapu--one of those signature Disney drinks everyone needs to try at some point :D

Definitely a great first day! Hoping to get an update about our first park day out soon! :)

Joining in! Love a good 21st birthday trip! And wow you might be drinking more alcoholic drinks from a Disney resort more than I have ever had (I prefer Universal's drink offerings lol)

Joining in! Love a good 21st birthday trip! And wow you might be drinking more alcoholic drinks from a Disney resort more than I have ever had (I prefer Universal's drink offerings lol)

Welcome aboard!! Haha well I can't speak to any of Universal's drinks (the last time I was there I was 18), but I can honestly say I didn't have a bad drink this trip! :D

Friday February 28th, 2020
Day 2, Part 1

This morning, our alarm went off at 6:00am, but we weren’t too upset because it was Magic Kingdom Day! :flower1: We all got up and got ready, and I ate a granola bar for breakfast. It was right around 7 when we left the room, but as we were walking to the bus stop, Mom realized that she had put on the wrong shoes and had to turn around and run back.

We decided to take some selfies while we waited for her.

O0nnNJxBQVWe8cSANSqj+w.jpg

fullsizeoutput_2a88.png

Then, she came back barefoot, carrying her shoes!

We were all definitely cracking up over that one. We walked the rest of the way to the bus stop, and we were on an MK bus by 7:15—not too shabby! The ride only took about 15 minutes, and then we waited for a few minutes outside the tapstiles before they started letting everyone in for EMH.

Once we were inside, we took some pictures on Main Street.

Then, we headed over to wait with everyone else trying to get to Fantasyland.

This was a particularly bad day for rope drop, and I honestly felt really bad for the CMs having to deal with all the crazies. :scared1: As everyone started walking, this woman and her teenage daughter were doing their best to shove their way around us, but Kelsey was up against the railing that runs along the edge of the path behind the castle, so they couldn’t get around her. Instead, they quite literally pushed me and Emyle out of the way so that they could run in between us. When Emyle made a point of saying how rude people were being to be shoving people out of the way like that, the woman turned to us and said “Oh girls, it’s just exciting.”

Yeah, okay. Whatever, lady. :sad2:

We rolled our eyes and kept on our way to Fantasyland. But wouldn’t you know it, as we were going to get in line at Peter Pan, I saw that woman and her daughter in line ahead of us. Now, don’t get me wrong, I adore Peter Pan, but I could not believe that they had acted that way trying to get to PPF. Complete insanity.

Anywho…

We hardly waited at all for PPF, but it was fun to get to walk through the interactive queue because we rarely ride without a FP. After our ride, we decided to head over to Tomorrowland! On the way, Mom wanted to stop for some cinnamon donut things at Friar’s Nook that she had seen online. They were pretty tasty, but maybe not worth the $6 price tag.

We continued on our way and headed straight to Buzz. Mom and I were really confused from the minute we walked inside because they have completely rearranged the queue! The line goes a different way, and even the doorway where you walk through to get on the ride is not in the same spot. AND Buzz was missing! It was so weird! I saw another guy pointing at the moved doorway and looking confused, so I know we weren’t the only ones who noticed lol.

We didn’t wait very long before we got on the ride. Emyle ended up beating all of us with 137,000 (yeah, none of us are that great at this one...I'm not even going to say what my score was because it was just shameful:eek:).

Since this was such a short trip, we didn’t get Memory Maker, so no watermark-free ride photos this time lol.

From Buzz we made our way over to Space, which had a 35 minute posted wait time. Now remember when I said that Emyle wasn’t a big ride person? Well, she hadn’t been to WDW in nearly 8 years before this trip, and on the last trip…well, let’s just say she didn’t love Space Mountain…or BTMRR. But, she agreed that she would ride anything that didn’t go upside down, so we were all kind of anxious to see how this would go.

We only waited about 20 minutes or so, which we were totally fine with. Then, we were off to space! I could hear Emyle scream from time to time throughout the ride, which was kind of funny. When we got off, we asked her what she thought, and she said that she didn’t have fun, but it wasn’t as bad as she remembered it, either. So, we called that a win. :thumbsup2

Our next stop was the Haunted Mansion! Its wait time was posted at 45 minutes, but we only waited 15.

From there, we made a quick stop at Punzie’s Potties, as my mom dubbed them, before heading into Frontierland to get a pretzel.

Emyle took some fun pictures as we walked!

Our next stop was PotC, which had a 45 minute wait. I think this was actually the longest I have ever seen this line, but we knew we were going to have to wait for things, so we hopped in. We passed the time playing Heads Up on my phone, which was actually pretty fun. We ended up waiting about 35 minutes, which wasn’t too bad.

We cut back through Liberty Square to head back to Fantasyland to go watch Mickey’s Philharmagic, which Mom and I both love. Then, it was over to Frontierland so Kelsey and I could get frozen lemonade slushies—a Disney favorite of ours.

Drinks in hand, we tried to find the cart with cheeseburger spring rolls that had been in Adventureland for a while. We never did find it though, so I don’t know if they were a seasonal thing or something? Anyway, by this time, we had almost finished our drinks and it was time for our first FPs!

A good start to your day! Other than the pushy people. Disney can bring out the best or worst in people. Hope the rest of your day goes well - what a fun way to celebrate your 21st!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts