I'm going to lose 20 lbs in 60 days for my trip! *2nd week loss -1 lb!* (total of 4)

lmbcdb

DIS Veteran
Introduction/Goals

My name is Lisa Marie and I am 42 years old. I have the best husband and 2 beautiful children: DS9, and DD 4. I am an elementary computer teacher. I also need to lose some weight. 50 pounds is what I need to lose, but I'm setting a smaller goal to get started.

I told my husband, charged up my Bodybugg, and now it's time to get it in writing.

I'm going to lose 20 pounds for my trip to Disney World. We are going September 17th.

That's two months.

Here's my plan:

• I am going to wear my Bodybugg every day.
  • I am going to write down what I eat - NO MATTER what it is!
  • I am going to drink 10 glasses of water a day.
  • I am going to go to Jazzercise as much as possible.
  • On the days I can't go to Jazzercise, I am going to walk at least one mile.
  • I am going to journal my success/failures on each of these items every day in my WISH journal.

Off to get dressed and go to Jazzercise!

Told my husband, charged up my Bodybugg, and now it's time to get it in writing.

I'm going to lose 20 pounds for my trip to Disney World. We are going September 17th.

That's two months.

Here's my plan:

• I am going to wear my Bodybugg every day.
  • I am going to write down what I eat - NO MATTER what it is!
  • I am going to drink 10 glasses of water a day.
  • I am going to go to Jazzercise as much as possible.
  • On the days I can't go to Jazzercise, I am going to walk at least one mile.
  • I am going to journal my success/failures on each of these items every day in my WISH journal.

Off to get dressed and go to Jazzercise!

Just thinking I needed to do the same! Good luck to you.

I just lost 25 lbs, but keeping it off is the hardest part especially with the heat we have here now. Good luck and keep us posted!:banana::thumbsup2

Good luck! I know you are motivated and that is the fire you need to keep on going! :) It is good you have a plan cause that certainly helps a whole lot. I'm looking forward to following your progress on here.

My tip that may be of some use to you, as it's been a HUGE help to me is to look on You Tube for videos on Jazzercise. They have free full length work out videos of any kind that you can do. It keeps things interesting and fresh. :)

Just thinking I needed to do the same! Good luck to you.

Thank you!

I just lost 25 lbs, but keeping it off is the hardest part especially with the heat we have here now. Good luck and keep us posted!:banana::thumbsup2

Thanks for the support!
The heat is awful, even when I go workout! They turn the A/C off between classes, so when I go at 4:30, it's only been on for an hour. I need to start going in the morning when it is cooler!

Good luck! I know you are motivated and that is the fire you need to keep on going! :) It is good you have a plan cause that certainly helps a whole lot. I'm looking forward to following your progress on here.

My tip that may be of some use to you, as it's been a HUGE help to me is to look on You Tube for videos on Jazzercise. They have free full length work out videos of any kind that you can do. It keeps things interesting and fresh. :)

Great tip about the videos. Now there's NO excuse for not working out!

Beginning weight: 207.2
Wore Bodybugg: yes
Logged food: yes
Calorie deficit: 1108
10 glasses of water or more: yes
Exercise: Jazzercise
Journaled on DIS: yes
Steps:10,167

I had a wonderful first day. Seemed like the day went really slow! I made a point to tell two people I was starting to food log today: my husband, and the owner of the Jazzercise center, whom I have known for 5 years. Around 8:30 p.m., I was getting ready to settle on the couch with my laptop and the DIS, when I checked my steps and saw that I was 300 shy of 10,000. I walked circles around my house until I reached 10,000. 300 may not seem like much, but no excuses, especially on the first day!

I also instant messaged my DH all day to keep track of my water. I challenged him to do it with me, so every time I messaged him with my number, it was a reminder for him. He drank all his between noon and 4:00. Not so sure if that’s good/bad, but he’s drinking water!

Day 2 – 7.21.2012

steps: 9,689
calorie deficit: 961

Another good day. Drank lots of water and worked out with my DH. I made lots of good food choices, too. We went out to dinner, but I picked the place before we went, figured out how many calories I had left for the day, and then picked something off their website. Many sit-down restaurants don’t post their nutritional facts, but Applebee’s has their whole menu online. I also got a lot of fruit in to my family today. Besides fruit at breakfast and lunch, I made them whole fruit smoothies for afternoon snack: 4 big frozen strawberries, 1 whole banana, and a few blueberries. This is going well, I’m just nervous about that first time I have to eat somewhere and I don’t know the calories.

Wore Bodybugg: For all but 4 hours.
Deficit:1304
Steps:7721

The deficit and steps are guesstimates today. I had the Bodybugg off for 4 hours at the beach. I still went to Jazzercise, so I stuck with eating the 1500 calories I had been eating. That, with Jazzercise, was giving me a 1000 calorie deficit, which is my goal every day.

It was hard not to get on the scale this morning. But I didn't. The past three days have been hard work and I am looking for a reward.

10 glasses of water or more:
Exercise: Jazzercise, PT
Journaled on DIS:yes
deficit: 1144
steps: 9209

I was very grumpy today. Still did well. I think it was because my DH woke me this morning during a very sound part of my sleep cycle. That’s good, though – I tend to think I “need” a real Dr. Pepper to wake up and feel better.

Wore Bodybugg: yes, except for swimming
deficit: 1210
steps: 9867

The calorie deficit is not super accurate, as I had to have the Bodybugg guess the calories I used in the pool. Too bad it's not waterproof!
I am getting excited about weighing in on Friday. I know I usually lose a lot the first week of food logging/exercise, but I still need to be realistic and just hope for at least 2 pounds. Any more is icing on the cake. I am not worried about food or bad choices for the next two days. I have my regular schedule today, and a teacher conference tomorrow. I’ll eat out, but I’ll look today on the Internet and see what is around there. If I go ahead and decide now, it will be easier tomorrow. When I’m hungry, sometimes I eat the first thing I see. (even if it’s McDonald’s)

Wore Bodybugg: yes, except for swimming
deficit: 1148
steps:9685

Today was a good day. Jazzercise was real slow going, as my ankle was hurting. I think it’s because I didn’t wear my brace yesterday (forgot it). So I took it real easy. I’ve decided to take tomorrow off from exercising. I’m not going to kill myself to make a 1000 deficit, as I’m pretty sure I can’t do it. I am going to a teacher conference all day, and will be sitting the entire time. So, I think that after such a good week, as long as I can keep a small deficit or just even out, I will be happy.

Exercise: no
deficit: 191
steps: 6022

My goal today, since I knew I wasn’t exercising, was to either break even with the calories or have a small deficit. I did it! I also weighed in today and for my first week I lost 3.1 pounds!

Day 8 – 7.27.2012
Logged food:yes
10 glasses of water or more:yes
Exercise:Jazzercise
Journaled on DIS:no
deficit:372
steps: 8142

I’m really proud of myself. I wrote down all my food even though we went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I counted out my chips, and ordered a kid’s plate. (and didn’t even eat it all!) Even had a calorie-laden margartita and still came out with a deficit! Yay me! Why didn’t I journal? Well, I was just plain tired. Usually I write at the end of the day, and post the next morning when I have an official calorie deficit reading. Then, we slept in, and I barely had time to drink coffee before we had to leave for Jazzercise. But, I’m doing the writing now and will post both in the morning. Back on track!

Day 9 – 7.28.2012
10 glasses of water or more:
deficit:337
steps:10148

Good day today. I picked up healthy fruits and veggies from our co-op after working out this morning. Then, I made a meatloaf and cut it in to equal pieces so I can better estimate the calories. I was really proud of my hubby. He only had one slice even though I could tell he wanted another! Then, DD4 and I went to the mall for a girl’s evening. I had a plain steak taco and some AWESOME tortilla soup. I’m proud of myself for making good choices AND stopping when I am full. Sometimes I feel I need to eat it all just because we are eating out and paid for it. NOT necessary!

Day 10 – 7.29.2012
Journaled on DIS: no
deficit: 1144
steps: 7830

Day 11 – 7.30.2012
deficit: 990
steps:8584

Getting caught up on my journal. I’ve been logging my food every day, still exercising, still drinking my water, but have only been typing it up every once in awhile. I've had it saved on my computer, but am just now getting around to posting it. Not sure why. Probably because I don't think anyone is reading it.

My first week on a new “diet” always goes awesome, then I tank with all kinds of excuses. So, I am attempting to get back to journaling so I don’t find some other reason to stop everything else.

Thisweekend will be interesting. I will weigh in on Friday, and then we are having an anniversary weekend. The kids are going to Grandma’s for the whole weekend. I know we are going out Friday to see a band we like, and I like to drink on occasions like that. We also like to go out to eat to celebrate. We have no plans for the rest of the weekend, but I know it will involve eating out. I am trying to decide whether to do whatever (food wise) on Friday, then get back on program for the rest of the weekend, or just do the whole weekend in moderation.

Day 12 – 7.31.2012
Exercise: Jazzercise (20 minutes – fell down, got embarrassed, left)
Journaled on DIS:no
deficit: 547
steps:7803

Day 13 – 8.1.2012

deficit: 988
steps:10134

I had a good day food wise yesterday. I made some good choices and journaled everything. I even put back a drink I wanted since I knew I was going to weigh in the next morning. (alcohol makes me retain water) I lost another pound this week, which keeps me right on track for losing 20 pounds. (2 weeks doing this, 4.1 pounds lost!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter