I'm going to find adventure in the evening air! An August '18 solo trip report! New PTR link 01/04

A Magical morning in the Kingdom!
I woke up on my last full Disney day feeling a bit bittersweet. I had so much fun but the time had gone by so quickly! As I went to grab coffee and a banana from Captain Cooks, I found this bad thing hanging on my door.....wah! :(
IMG_2833.JPG
I came back to the room to enjoy my coffee and protein bar on the patio before heading out to catch the launch over to the Magic Kingdom. I had a plan to visit Pixie Hollow this morning and was so excited to see Tinkerbell. This M&G is set up so well and the Pixie Hollow room is on point and really transports you to that magical world. Tink was hilarious and noticed my shirt immediately and wondered how her pixie dust had ended up on my shirt. She decided the bad Wendy bird must have captured Peter and stolen her pixie dust, then trapped it on my shirt. Perfectly in character. We also had a great chat about the lost boys and how she would help Peter defeat Captain Hook to rescue them. So fun!
IMG_2829.JPG
After leaving the enchanted world of Pixie Hollow, I headed over to see Pluto. Oh my goodness, this was so fun! We danced on Main Street, he pretended to lick my face and twirled me around. An awesome M&G!
IMG_2877.JPG IMG_2824.JPG
As I was leaving Pluto, the Main Street Trolley Show was just starting. I absolutely adore this show and really enjoyed watching it this morning!

My first FP window was opening soon so I made my way past the castle and was soon flying over London as I enjoyed Peter Pan's Flight. Next up was a super fun ride with 7 dwarves and a beautiful princess. Unfortunately my ride photo was so dark, it's a little hard to see but it was fun.
IMG_3259.JPG
After SDMT, I was feeling hungry and noticed that Columbia Harbour House was opening soon. I hopped in line and enjoyed their official opening before making my way over to the counter and ordering the Lighthouse Sandwich! I was so happy to see this back on the menu. The bread was lightly toasted and the tomatoes were nice and fresh. I really enjoyed the house made chips as well.
IMG_2828 (1).JPG

After finishing my delicious lunch, I headed over to browse a bit through Momento Mori. It was now time to settle into my Doom Buggy and enjoy a visit with 999 Happy Haunts. I think a ghost may have tried to follow me home!
IMG_3256.JPG
No morning at Magic Kingdom is complete without a ride on the People Mover so I headed towards Tomorrowland. On the way I noticed a photographer by the castle and decided to stop for a picture.
IMG_3257.JPG
As I was heading out of Tomorrowland into the hub, I was thrilled to see the Main Street Philharmonic setting up. I have always wanted to see them perform and they did not disappoint. What a great show!
IMG_2830.JPG
It was time to grab the launch back to the Poly and get ready for my first ever DVC tour! What a wonderful morning. :)

I headed over to see Pluto. Oh my goodness, this was so fun! We danced on Main Street, he pretended to lick my face and twirled me around. An awesome M&G!
So cute! It looks like a wonderful meet with Pluto

I hopped in line and enjoyed their official opening before making my way over to the counter and ordering the Lighthouse Sandwich! I was so happy to see this back on the menu. The bread was lightly toasted and the tomatoes were nice and fresh. I really enjoyed the house made chips as well.
I have always wanted to try this, it is on my list! I better before they take it off the menu again!

I think a ghost may have tried to follow me home!
This picture is so cool, you look like you are deciding on picking up this ghost or not, haha!

What a wonderful morning.
It sure looks like it!

What a great morning in MK! Love your dancing pics with Pluto. How fun!

I had no idea the lighthouse sandwich was back at CHH. This was one of my favorites and we haven't been back there since they took it off the menu. I'll be sure to stop next time we are there

So cute! It looks like a wonderful meet with Pluto

I have always wanted to try this, it is on my list! I better before they take it off the menu again!

This picture is so cool, you look like you are deciding on picking up this ghost or not, haha!

It sure looks like it!
Thank you! It was so much fun! The lighthouse sandwich was been my favourite since I first tried it in 2009. I was very happy to see it back on the menu! :)

Great morning in MK! I love your pics with Tinker Bell!
Thank you! It was such a fun M&G!

What a great morning in MK! Love your dancing pics with Pluto. How fun!

I had no idea the lighthouse sandwich was back at CHH. This was one of my favorites and we haven't been back there since they took it off the menu. I'll be sure to stop next time we are there
I was so happy to see it back on the menu, it's one of my faves too! It was such a great MK morning!

I had so much fun but the time had gone by so quickly!

Sigh... they always do.

I came back to the room to enjoy my coffee and protein bar on the patio before heading out to catch the launch over to the Magic Kingdom. I had a plan to visit Pixie Hollow this morning and was so excited to see Tinkerbell. This M&G is set up so well and the Pixie Hollow room is on point and really transports you to that magical world. Tink was hilarious and noticed my shirt immediately and wondered how her pixie dust had ended up on my shirt. She decided the bad Wendy bird must have captured Peter and stolen her pixie dust, then trapped it on my shirt. Perfectly in character. We also had a great chat about the lost boys and how she would help Peter defeat Captain Hook to rescue them. So fun!

I haven't gotten there in my TR, but I had an almost identical M&G. So magical!

After leaving the enchanted world of Pixie Hollow, I headed over to see Pluto. Oh my goodness, this was so fun! We danced on Main Street, he pretended to lick my face and twirled me around. An awesome M&G!

Awwww, this is perfect.

I absolutely adore this show and really enjoyed watching it this morning!

ME TOO! And I got some nice photos a few weeks ago.

I hopped in line and enjoyed their official opening

WAIT!! What is this "official opening". Do they have a show or something fun or unusual? I know Sanaa does with African drummers and such, but ...??

I was thrilled to see the Main Street Philharmonic setting up. I have always wanted to see them perform and they did not disappoint. What a great show!

I adore this band and have been known to stand and watch for quite a while.

WAIT!! What is this "official opening". Do they have a show or something fun or unusual? I know Sanaa does with African drummers and such, but ...??
The CMs came to the door and did a little song and welcome. I was trying to find a clip of it online for you but haven't had any luck. It was cute though!

Relaxing at the Poly and the Magic Kingdom!
After arriving back at the Poly, I killed a little time before my DVC tour pickup by doing a little Hidden Mickey hunting and some pin trading.
IMG_2837.JPG IMG_2835.JPG
I was excited and a little nervous to go on the DVC tour. Thankfully, all my fears were put to rest as it was a totally low key, no pressure experience. I was picked up by one of their drivers and brought over to the presentation centre at Saratoga Springs. In the waiting room, cookies, cold drinks, coffee and tea were available. The salesperson I spoke with was very informative and helped to understand all my options. While I would love to buy DVC at some point, we have three boys to get through university first. I got to tour three of the model rooms; Polynesian, Aulani and Copper Creek. Copper Creek was definitely my favourite and I could see us buying there when the time is right. After the tour I got to go for ice cream in the their onsite ice cream parlour and a driver was available to take me anywhere I wished to go on property. As well, I received three anytime FPs and a $75 gift card for attending. It is well worth going to check out!

Upon arriving back at the Poly I decided to go up for a beverage at the Tambu lounge. I ordered a Backscratcher (too sweet) and the Pot Stickers from Kona which were delicious.
Pot-Stickers.jpg
Backscratcher1.jpg

I was happy to relax and people watch but ended up having a great conversation with two friends who had met up in Disney. We put the world to rights in a lively discussion on school systems, health care, a little bit of politics and the differences between living in Canada vs the US. They were wonderful to talk to and there were hugs all round when I left to make my way over to the Magic Kingdom.

I enjoyed strolling around this evening and just taking in the ambiance. I had decided to treat myself to a new Pandora charm with my gift card from the DVC tour and went for a Mickey clip charm. I was very happy with my choice and get a lot of compliments on it.
IMG_3269.JPG
Of course, I had to stop for a final night time castle shot as well!
IMG_2875.JPG
I was dying to try the Churro ice cream sandwich I had heard so much about so I popped over to Sleepy Hollow to grab one before Happily Ever After. This was delicious! The two churros were freshly made and there was a generous amount of ice cream. I really enjoyed it!
IMG_2839.JPG
I focused on my last viewing of Happily Ever After......I love it more each time I see it! I strolled around and hopped on the People Mover, then enjoyed the carousel and walked through all the lands again, just taking in all the details.
IMG_2871.JPG
I had one last morning to enjoy and breakfast/Disneybound with some of my favourite characters! Stay tuned!

Today's totals:
Columbia Harbour House ~ Lighthouse sandwich $11.39
Main Street Bakery ~ Iced Passion tea $3.51
Tambu Lounge ~ BackScratcher and Potstickers $22.00
Sleepy Hollow ~ Churro ice cream sandwich $7.50
Total: $44.40
Savings vs using DDP: $75.49 - $44.40 = $31.09

I have thought of DVC many times as well, would love to do the tour for more info! The gift card and FP+ are a nice touch!

I had never heard of the churro ice cream sandwich, sign me up!! Need to try this next trip. Looks yummy!

I have thought of DVC many times as well, would love to do the tour for more info! The gift card and FP+ are a nice touch!

I had never heard of the churro ice cream sandwich, sign me up!! Need to try this next trip. Looks yummy!
I would totally recommend the tour! Yes, put the churro sandwich on your must try list. It is yummy!

Love the low-pressure DVC tour. Maybe Joe and I should give it a go...

Holy crap does that look delicious!

Love the clip!!!
I would highly recommend the tour, there really is no pressure at all and they are so informative! I was very happy with my treat (so good!) and my new pretty! :)

Glad to hear the DVC tour wasn't pressure laden at all. I'd love to learn more - especially since they seem to make it infinitely confusing - but don't want to deal with the sales tactics. We'll have to check this out some day - especially if it comes with some FP's and a gift card.

I so meant to try that churro ice cream and completely forgot about it until now. That's the trouble I see so much I want to try and never remember.

we have three boys to get through university first.

You'd better quick make a 4th so you can sell him to pay for the 3's university degrees. ;)

I enjoyed strolling around this evening and just taking in the ambiance. I had decided to treat myself to a new Pandora charm with my gift card from the DVC tour and went for a Mickey clip charm. I was very happy with my choice and get a lot of compliments on it.
img_3269-jpg.366625

Great way to spend the cash! Very nice!

I was dying to try the Churro ice cream sandwich I had heard so much about so I popped over to Sleepy Hollow to grab one before Happily Ever After. This was delicious! The two churros were freshly made and there was a generous amount of ice cream. I really enjoyed it!
img_2839-jpg.366627

How have I never heard of this?!?! Wowza!!

I was excited and a little nervous to go on the DVC tour. Thankfully, all my fears were put to rest as it was a totally low key, no pressure experience.
I've been curious about the tour as well, but always worried about high pressure sales tactics.
I only went to one of these type things many many years ago (not Disney) and it was terrible, scum bag sales guy to say the least. I vowed to never try anything like that again.

While I would love to buy DVC at some point, we have three boys to get through university first. I got to tour three of the model rooms; Polynesian, Aulani and Copper Creek. Copper Creek was definitely my favourite and I could see us buying there when the time is right.
I think I've seen the Copper Creek pictures and it looks wonderful. I would like to buy too, when the time is right. As you say, the kids have to get through university first.

I knew about this, but I had read a review that the churro was dried out. I may not have thought of it anyway, but after reading that review I thought there might be better things to try. Perhaps it's worth a chance. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Glad to hear the DVC tour wasn't pressure laden at all. I'd love to learn more - especially since they seem to make it infinitely confusing - but don't want to deal with the sales tactics. We'll have to check this out some day - especially if it comes with some FP's and a gift card.
It's a pretty sweet incentive to go and learn more about it. And who can say no to free ice cream???

You'd better quick make a 4th so you can sell him to pay for the 3's university degrees. ;)
Haha! At 52, those days are long behind me! Luckily university is not as crazy in Canada as it is in the States. We should be able to get all three through school for about $250,000 -$300,000 total.

Great way to spend the cash! Very nice!
Thanks I love it!

How have I never heard of this?!?! Wowza!!
Try it in May! So yummy! :)

I think I've seen the Copper Creek pictures and it looks wonderful. I would like to buy too, when the time is right. As you say, the kids have to get through university first.
We are in the same boat! Do you think your two will go to school on the Rock or away?

Last edited:
Real life update
As some of you may know, I had a quick Christmas trip planned for this coming weekend. There was a pressing family concern that had been weighing on me however, as my beloved Aunt (who is like a second mom to me) was in hospital and not doing well. Then she was transferred from PEI to Moncton NB in their ICU as fluid was discovered on her lungs. She did OK on Thursday and Friday but Saturday night was very, very rough. When my sister called me in tears on Sunday morning, I knew there was only one choice to be made. So I called Priceline to tell them I would not be going to Orlando and thankfully they made an exception and refunded the cost of my hotel. I applied the credit from my Florida flight towards my flight to Moncton and booked a seat on the first available flight out from Toronto.

So while a Disney Christmas weekend is not going to be a reality for me this year, I am exactly where I need to be. If you believe in the power of prayer and positive thoughts, please keep my beloved Aunt Shirley in your thoughts. She is one of the best people I know. Thanks everyone! :grouphug:

Do you think your two will go to school on the Rock or away?
Brianna has just started at MUN in St. John's this September. Right now she plans on doing her degree there, she's looking at behavioural neuroscience (apparently that's a thing now?) and possibly psychiatry in med school down the road, but who knows.
Katie on the other hand being 11 and already hating school, I'll be lucky if she makes it out of high school! :p

So while a Disney Christmas weekend is not going to be a reality for me this year, I am exactly where I need to be. If you believe in the power of prayer and positive thoughts, please keep my beloved Aunt Shirley in your thoughts. She is one of the best people I know. Thanks everyone! :grouphug:
I'm sorry to hear it, both the cancelled Disney trip and your aunt's health. Wishing you and your family the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!