I'm going to find adventure in the evening air! An August '18 solo trip report! New PTR link 01/04

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers. While the next two days are going to be challenging, I am choosing to view this as a beautiful celebration of a life well lived. I know Shirley is at peace and as my 11 year old cousin said.... "now I know there's a heaven because that's the only place Shirley could be".

So now I am going to cheer myself up by posting about my 1900 Park Fare breakfast!

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious breakfast at 1900 Park Fare!

Today was my last Disney day and I was determined to start the day off right by enjoying breakfast with Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh, Tigger and Mary Poppins! I had never been to 1900 Park Fare before and I really enjoyed the bright, airy feeling of the restaurant. I had strolled over along the lagoon path from the Polynesian and it was just a beautiful morning to be out and about. My waitress was absolutely lovely and offered to take pictures for me if she was close by. This is the one part of character dining that is a little uncomfortable as a solo diner as you sometimes feel awkward taking selfies or asking others to take your photo. I have never really mastered the art of selfies so was happy she was so sweet to help out. My waitress was quick to come by with coffee and fill my water glass and suggested I pop up to the buffet now as the characters were in a different part of the restaurant. I headed over to the buffet and chose my first plate.....
IMG_2878.JPG
The potato barrels were delicious as was the Mickey waffle. The eggs were okay and the bacon was Disney bacon. I tried a bite or two of the red velvet pancakes but didn't love them. I had made an attempt at an Alice bound this morning but didn't get the right shade of blue. It was still fun to give it a shot though. The meet with Pooh was super fun as well.....he is just too cute and I tend to feel more comfortable with the non face characters.
IMG_2880.JPG IMG_2885.JPG
The Hatter came by and commented on my hat sitting on the table. He wondered why it wasn't on my head and thought perhaps my head might be too big for it! I asked him where the Cheshire Cat was and we had a very fun discussion on how he appears most unexpectedly. Mary Poppins was the next to come by and I asked her for some advice on how to get three teenage boys to clean up their rooms. She was perfectly in character as she replied "in every job that must be done, there is an element of fun" and advised me to help them find the fun. Perfection!
IMG_2888.JPG
I had some time now before Tigger was available so I hopped back up to the buffet for my second plate. I went with the cheesy potatoes, blueberry cheese blintz and some of the strawberry soup. The strawberry soup was amazing.....basically like drinking strawberries and cream. The potatoes were a fail as they were undercooked. The blueberry cream cheese blintz was delish!
IMG_2882.JPG
Next up was a chance to see Tigger and this was so much fun as we hugged and bounced around. He is a huge flirt!
IMG_2890.JPG
Now it was time to head back to the Poly and finish packing up my stuff before my final few hours at the Magic Kingdom!

I have never really mastered the art of selfies
Same here. I tried a few on my last trip and it kind of worked, but I still felt goofy doing it.

The strawberry soup was amazing.....basically like drinking strawberries and cream.
I have read so much about that strawberry soup. It always makes me think, really? It's one of those things that really has to be tried to appreciate I guess.
I have never done 1900 Park Fare, it's one of the few characters meals my family hasn't done. Maybe next trip. It always seems to get good reviews.

I am choosing to view this as a beautiful celebration of a life well lived. I know Shirley is at peace and as my 11 year old cousin said.... "now I know there's a heaven because that's the only place Shirley could be".

Oh, what your cousin said is so sweet!! :grouphug::grouphug:

The strawberry soup was amazing.....basically like drinking strawberries and cream.

One day I will try this soup!!!

Maybe this is something I should add to my next solo trip. I don't think DH or the kids would care at all about eating here.
I have eaten at 1900 PF one time...in 2001!! It was a villain dinner then, so I guess it's about time I try a breakfast and get that soup!!

I'm sorry the potatoes were undercooked! I love cheesy potatoes, I would have been disappointed.

Oh Susan, I'm so sorry to hear this though it sounds like she passed as she lived surrounded by love. Sending lots your way :grouphug:

Just getting back into a bit of DISsing after some full weeks of work and other stuff. Was so very sorry to hear of the loss of your Aunt Shirley. It's so hard to lose someone so close to us. :( Glad you could be with her as she passed.

Not ever been to 1900 Park Fare, but it did look fun. Too bad the potatoes weren't done. Those are always the highlight of my breakfast meals.

Just catching up on your TR. So sorry to hear about the loss of Aunt Shirley. You have a beautiful outlook on it.
Your Parkfair Breakfast looks fun.

My sincere condolences as you grieve the passing of your sweet aunt. What a blessing that God granted you the special time with just the two of you and then time with so many family members to hold her hand and be with her as she was ushered “home.” I pray that you will be comforted with many wonderful memories and by the strength of her faith. I like what your 11 y.o. Cousin said.

1900 PF...what fun! I was not brave enough to do any character meals in Sept on my solo trip....but I did choose 2 characters to meet at each of the 4 parks. I adore a good character interaction....and my kids (at 15 and 13 now) don’t care to spend time on them at this stage. So I took the time on my solo trip.

I think your Alice Bound is great. You had some delightful conversations and got fantastic pics with these characters. Sounds like you had just the right waitress.

I am happy you enjoyed this meal.

I have read so much about that strawberry soup. It always makes me think, really? It's one of those things that really has to be tried to appreciate I guess.
I have never done 1900 Park Fare, it's one of the few characters meals my family hasn't done. Maybe next trip. It always seems to get good reviews.
I did enjoy it but it was an once and done. While it was a fun experience, the price point for what you get is a little high for my taste.

One day I will try this soup!!!

Maybe this is something I should add to my next solo trip. I don't think DH or the kids would care at all about eating here.
I have eaten at 1900 PF one time...in 2001!! It was a villain dinner then, so I guess it's about time I try a breakfast and get that soup!!

I'm sorry the potatoes were undercooked! I love cheesy potatoes, I would have been disappointed.
I know, I was so looking forward to those potatoes! Oh well....... A villain dinner sounds SO fun!

Oh Susan, I'm so sorry to hear this though it sounds like she passed as she lived surrounded by love. Sending lots your way :grouphug:
Thanks Kari! I really appreciate your kind thoughts.:hug:

Hi Susan! Super cute pics of you at 1900...
Thanks Jenny!

Just getting back into a bit of DISsing after some full weeks of work and other stuff. Was so very sorry to hear of the loss of your Aunt Shirley. It's so hard to lose someone so close to us. :( Glad you could be with her as she passed.

Not ever been to 1900 Park Fare, but it did look fun. Too bad the potatoes weren't done. Those are always the highlight of my breakfast meals.
Thanks so much, it was an honour and a privilege to be with her. She was one of the great loves of my life and I will miss her dearly.

Park Fare was fun and I'm glad I experienced it!

Just catching up on your TR. So sorry to hear about the loss of Aunt Shirley. You have a beautiful outlook on it.
Your Parkfair Breakfast looks fun.
Thank you....I was so thankful to be with her. Yes, breakfast was great!

My sincere condolences as you grieve the passing of your sweet aunt. What a blessing that God granted you the special time with just the two of you and then time with so many family members to hold her hand and be with her as she was ushered “home.” I pray that you will be comforted with many wonderful memories and by the strength of her faith. I like what your 11 y.o. Cousin said.
Thank you so much, your kind and thoughtful words really help. Last Friday night, we had a super special moment. I had gone home but she was anxious and wanted me to come back. So I did and as soon as I came back she said "there's my girl", we had two hours together just the two of us and I will cherish that memory forever.

1900 PF...what fun! I was not brave enough to do any character meals in Sept on my solo trip....but I did choose 2 characters to meet at each of the 4 parks. I adore a good character interaction....and my kids (at 15 and 13 now) don’t care to spend time on them at this stage. So I took the time on my solo trip.

I think your Alice Bound is great. You had some delightful conversations and got fantastic pics with these characters. Sounds like you had just the right waitress.

I am happy you enjoyed this meal.
My boys are the same....they will rarely ever do a character meet. I love them too and really hope I can convince my DH to do a few on our anniversary trip. I'm glad you enjoyed them on your solo trip! :)

Hope you are doing ok. Sending lots of :grouphug:

Looks like you had a great last morning. I love the walkway between the Poly and Grand Floridian. Its such a nice casual walk and there is usually no one on it.

Sorry to hear that your Aunt has passed, but at least you were there in the end and made her and yourselves as peaceful as possible. Sending you positive thoughts during this difficult time.
Thank you so much, Jeff.

So sorry for your loss Susan, however greatful you were able to be with her during her last day. RIP to your wonderful Aunt, may she be in the lords goodness now!
Thanks Caroline! She certainly is with the Lord......you know it is her birthday on Christmas Day. We have always used to say there were two important birthdays on Christmas day, Shirley's and Jesus! Now we know she is at peace in heaven. It is hard for us left behind.

So sorry to hear about your loss :hug:
I'm so happy you were all able to be there with your aunt, and give her a beautiful and peaceful goodbye.
Thank you so much, Samantha. I will always be so grateful to have been there.

So sorry for your loss
Thank you.

So sorry for your loss.
Thank you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was surrounded by love as she passed; I'm glad you got to spend that time with her. *hugs*
I was so happy to be with her. I miss her more than words could ever say but she left us knowing how much she was loved.

I'm sorry for your lost, but I am glad you were with her to share last bits of peace and comfort. I'm sure it made her happy to have you there.
Thank you! Yes, it was so peaceful and beautiful. I know she is in God's care.

I'm so sorry hon.
Thanks, Jenny.

Hope you are doing ok. Sending lots of :grouphug:

Looks like you had a great last morning. I love the walkway between the Poly and Grand Floridian. Its such a nice casual walk and there is usually no one on it.
Thanks Kari. I am ok.....I think the hardest thing for me is learning to navigate through life with a piece of my heart missing. But I will do my best to live life in a way that would make her proud.

I love that walk too.....there is never anyone on the beach there either so it is a nice place to hang out.

Love your 1900 PF breakfast review and pictures, you look like it was very enjoyable!
Thanks Caroline, it was super fun and I am glad I experienced it!

Why do we ever have to leave? .... a last afternoon in the Magic Kingdom.
I strolled back to the Poly along the lagoon path and really enjoyed the beautiful, lush landscaping. I finished up the last of my packing and checked and rechecked the room for anything I might have left behind. I always have this fear that I am going to get to the airport and realize my passport is still in the room safe! I checked my things with Bell Services and headed over to the laundry room as I wanted to leave my refillable popcorn bucket for someone to use. There was a mom in there doing laundry, so I asked her if she might like it. She was happy to take it and mentioned that they had been looking at them earlier. I was hoping to pass along my mug too as I have so many at home. I noticed a mom and her little girl sitting behind me on the launch and we got to chatting. They had just arrived for a four day mother/daughter trip. She asked how long I was staying and I said I was heading home that afternoon. I told her I had one of the resort refillable mugs with 6 days of use still left on it and wondered if they might be able to use it. She was so happy to have it as she said she wasn't thinking of getting one for such a short trip. So I was happy to spread that little bit of pixie dust. :)

Upon arriving at the MK, there was a short line for the Photopass photographer out front. I decided to hop in line and ended up having a great chat with some fellow Disney Pandora collectors as well as getting a few pictures.
IMG_3306.JPG IMG_3266.JPG
I enjoyed a lovely stroll down Main Street USA and decided to head through Adventureland. Pirates was showing only a 15 minute wait so I hopped on there and enjoyed my voyage through the Caribbean.
IMG_3267.JPG
As it was a MNSSHP night, the park was not that busy. I strolled through Frontierland and decided to head over on Haunted Mansion. After an always fun ride with 999 happy haunts, I headed to IASW. Even though the song sticks in your head for days, I enjoy this ride so much. And it even said goodbye to me!
IMG_2891 (1).JPG
My last ride of the trip had to be my beloved People Mover. I stopped for my goodbye photos on Main St and then popped into the bakery for an iced passion tea to enjoy on the way back to the Poly.
IMG_3268.JPG
Upon arriving back at the Poly, I stopped by Captain Cooks for a light lunch before heading to the airport. Yes, my beloved Polynesian salad yet again! I am so obsessed with this salad! It was the perfect last meal before heading on the Tragical Depress to MCO.
IMG_2894 (1).JPG
Last day food costs:
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare ~ $32.49 (with 10% AP discount)
Iced tea at Main Street Bakery ~ $3.51
Polynesian salad at Captain Cooks ~ $8.79
Total OOP ~ $44.79
Savings vs using DDP ~ $75.49 - $44.79 = $30.70

Back soon with final thoughts and OOP food totals! :)

How nice to give your mug and popcorn bucket to some guests. We have so many mugs at home and once we left the mugs and popcorn bucket in our room, I never even thought someone else may want it, lol!

What a fun last afternoon, riding some favorites, trips always go by so fast! It looks like the DDP certainly would not have been a good buy, that’s how it always is with us as well. Even the “free dining” is not a good deal for us because of the room cost and the amount of food that is wasted!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

I love that you shared your stuff with the mom and daughter!!

Yes, my beloved Polynesian salad yet again! I am so obsessed with this salad!

Ok, you have sold me on this!! I'm definitely going to try this next week!! (next week!! i can finally say I'll be there next week, woohoo!!)

What a fun last afternoon, riding some favorites, trips always go by so fast! It looks like the DDP certainly would not have been a good buy, that’s how it always is with us as well. Even the “free dining” is not a good deal for us because of the room cost and the amount of food that is wasted!

Have a very Merry Christmas!
I totally agree! We haven't used DDP since our trip in 2010 and have saved so much money (and food!) without it. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Ok, you have sold me on this!! I'm definitely going to try this next week!! (next week!! i can finally say I'll be there next week, woohoo!!)
You will love it! You can get grilled chicken with it as well if you like which is also good. I hope you have an amazing trip!!

Great last day! You really got a lot done during this trip.
Thanks Jenny! I had SO much fun!

I want to do the 1900 breakfast so bad since it's been many years, just can't get the boys on board!

Last days are sad days :( But you had a good one. So nice to give away your bucket and mug! I just organized my kitchen cabinets this morning; all our Disney mugs are in the one with my Tupperware containers (does saying Tupperware make me sound old lol) and we'll be needing it to send family home with leftovers Tuesday, so I realized how many mugs we have. Love them all but I think I need to not get any more for awhile :D

I wanted to leave my refillable popcorn bucket for someone to use. There was a mom in there doing laundry, so I asked her if she might like it. She was happy to take it and mentioned that they had been looking at them earlier. I was hoping to pass along my mug too as I have so many at home.
What a great idea! I must admit to have never even thought about doing something like that.
That's one thing I do miss about the old paper FP. I remember giving them away to strangers a couple times if our plans changed and we couldn't use them.

Even though the song sticks in your head for days, I enjoy this ride so much. And it even said goodbye to me!
I always ride iasw on the last day as a way to say goodbye to the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter