I'm finally at SSR!

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
Flight was good, left late but made up time in air. Room not ready so had something to eat then went for a mani/pedi. Seriously people...this has to be one of the best pedicures I've ever had. Anyway room ready..nice studio until my brother comes with his family then we move to a 2BR lockoff. And guess what? I don't have to change rooms! The 1 Br next to me will be empty come Friday! :) quick obsveration...smaller sizes of shampoos and soaps. 2 washes with this new stuff and it's gone. Glad I brougnt more from home. Been raining and unfortunately we're in for more....Saturday is suppose to be bad. :( Didn't go to park today. I'm tired...up since 3:30am and was too excieted to sleep:rotfl2: Don't think I'll have trouble tonight. Miss my laptop...it's weird using my phone! Night..see you tomorrow.

Day 2 - well rested! Hey did I tell you that the CM who checked me in was a woman I went to school with? And I mean elementry, middle and high school! Cool...we had dinner, and I'll see her again before leaving.

Ok...weather is sucky. Today clouds so I'm sitting here coffee in hand trying to decide on pool or park. Tomorrow not much better but the killer days will be the weekend. Now lots can happen, this is Florida. But we all have our fingers crossed for no downpours for the entire day. We'll see, but regardless, we'll have a great time!. I'm still happy I don't have to move; my friend "peeked" for me. Later...

Have a magical vacation, despite the weather! That is nice you don't have to move!

Hope the weather improves for you and your family. Which section of SSR are you in? We'll be staying at SSR for the first time at the end of July and we haven't requested a specific section.

Its really nice that you won't have to move out of your studio when your extended family comes. In situations like that, does the front desk give you a new key card for your villa when it switches you from a studio to a two-bedroom lock off configuration?

Linda! Have the time of your LIFE. :woohoo: Rain or no.....it's 100 in No. Virginia today.
UGH! :sick:

you are in Disney! If it rains you relax and have some down time/happy hour(s). It's always 5 o'clock somewhere;)

Hope the weather improves for you and your family. Which section of SSR are you in? We'll be staying at SSR for the first time at the end of July and we haven't requested a specific section.

Its really nice that you won't have to move out of your studio when your extended family comes. In situations like that, does the front desk give you a new key card for your villa when it switches you from a studio to a two-bedroom lock off configuration?
I'm in the Springs. And yes; I'll get new key with dining added. DB wanted the dining plan so we all had to get it.

Not really worried about rain...it's. Disney and there's always something to do. I just like my pool time. :rotfl:

Today was GREAT! Went to MK for early opening and hit all my favorites. Walked on Buzz, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Pirates! Sat in my favotite rocker by HM and people watched. Strolled Main Street and hit some shops. There was a thread recently about how warm the shops were when they were here. Well I have to admitt the stores are not as "refreshing" as they use too be. Seems WDW is in fact trying to cut back expenses. Don"t get me wrong; they were not hot...but you could tell. Now today was 85. Next week high 90's so it may be more uncomfortable in ths shops. Come to think of it, the attractions were not too chilly either. Now the bus back was freezing so not EVERYTHING has been cut back! :rotfl2:

Hi neighbor! We're in Congress Park and (knock wood) have had fabulous luck this week. We dodged rain drops at DTD yesterday and a few at Magic Kingdom today. The biggest change I've noticed is how they have "broken" the boats - the only way to get back and forth to DTD is via PI - dumb. We're here to Sat - hope your trip is all that you wish!
:tinker:

So glad you're having a good time so far!:thumbsup2

Linda! I'm thinking of you there with all that rain.....DEBBY came out of nowhere!

How are you and your family faring? Braving the parks anyway? I'll bet that there are no wait times, at least!

Keep us posted! :hug:

nice to hear something positive about SSR! This is our home resort and we love it...Love Congress Park and how close it is to DTD! Keep up the great report,we go back "home" in 49 more days!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Linda! I'm thinking of you there with all that rain.....DEBBY came out of nowhere!

How are you and your family faring? Braving the parks anyway? I'll bet that there are no wait times, at least!

Keep us posted! :hug:
Well my friend it's like this.....a poncho and umbrella have been my best friends this week!:rotfl: We hit the parks and do what we can. It's all good, but unfortunately no Florida tan this trip. We may see sun THURSDAY and I already told db that's my pool day!
Tomorrow they are going to Gator Land; their little guy loves aligators and I'm taking my niece to breakfast at O'Hana's. Debby is suppose to come across Orlando tomorrow so tomorrow is really gona be lousey...heavy wind and rain.. And to think I thought she's been here all along! :rolleyes: TTYL

OMG.....I saw a photo posted on another thread of a crowd walking toward the bag check at MK and the water was ankle deep! :eek:

Sounds like today might be a good day for the AMC theaters and a good movie and trying out some of the food they serve now. popcorn::

Pool day tomorrow fer shur! :cloud9:

I'm glad that even a hurricane cannot dampen(pun) your Disney spirit.

Hang in here and wear your floaties if you have to! :thumbsup2

OMG.....I saw a photo posted on another thread of a crowd walking toward the bag check at MK and the water was ankle deep! :eek:

Sounds like today might be a good day for the AMC theaters and a good movie and trying out some of the food they serve now. popcorn::

Pool day tomorrow fer shur! :cloud9:

I'm glad that even a hurricane cannot dampen(pun) your Disney spirit.

Hang in here and wear your floaties if you have to! :thumbsup2
Yesterday was a beautiful day after a short shower in the morning. And today is going to be even more beautiful! So we are going to hang out at the pool and enjoy our last day at Disney. Tonight we have dinner in Italy and one last stroll around the. World Showcase it is! Well until October.

Sounds like a great plan. We'll start the countdown for Oct. when you get back! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!