I'm confused, if park hours aren't posted for September.....

Just FYI, on Disney's website, you can see a few days in advance of the 180 day window by doing this:
  • Hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
Using today as an example, you can see through 8/31.

For some reason I cannot get the Add Parks and Places its grayed out? I verified that my park tickets and resort reservations are linked in MDE... Im confused?

It's a combination of things, and thanks for all the great replies. We love PPO breakfasts, something about walking through an empty park we all love. It's about those traditions we have come to love over many trips. It's about sitting at Crown and Thorn for the Epcot display. I wish I didn't need to book 6 months out, but it is what it is. The trickiest is when they shut MK for a party, and you have an ADR late in the park.

Thanks for all the good input. I will just keep watching!

Myfirstvisit.net has “educated guesses” for what the Halloween party dates will be this year. Plus you can look at the 6 pm closures already posted.

Just FYI, on Disney's website, you can see a few days in advance of the 180 day window by doing this:
  • Hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
Using today as an example, you can see through 8/31.

You're the best!!!

Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought EMH were pretty standard and didn’t change that often.

No, not really. There are 'historical' calendars you can use as a guide, but these can & do change. Our upcoming trip in July is not an exact match to what was historically seen and now they've opened up daily AM EMH at DHS to accommodate opening of a new land, to throw another wrench in planning.

No, not really. There are 'historical' calendars you can use as a guide, but these can & do change. Our upcoming trip in July is not an exact match to what was historically seen and now they've opened up daily AM EMH at DHS to accommodate opening of a new land, to throw another wrench in planning.

Ah.

Well, really only a wrench if that park and land are must-dos or must-skips. :D

I find it so irritating to book ADRs at 180 days out with no park schedules. then FP+ at 60 days and then Disney changes the park hours a few weeks before your trip. Certainly makes things difficult for we, the paying guests who are spending what my family is a significant account of money on a WDW vacation.
now that FP+ has been in place for a few years I'd love to see the ADR booking date moved closer to arrival date.

2009 we were DDP newbies at the time that ADRs went from telephone booking to on-line. There was a short time when ADR date was 90 days out that year and we got every ADR we wanted.

It def sucks and I find that after I plan based on what I see I end up wanting to change the plans I make based on the new changes to park hours etc but it can't be helped *sigh*

Myfirstvisit.net has “educated guesses” for what the Halloween party dates will be this year. Plus you can look at the 6 pm closures already posted.

The site you’ve indicated is not a Disney site.

There’s another site with forecasted party dates, however.

Hours and such I understand. But need to know when parties are, EMH, to plan accordingly. Of course they will change some but a framework would be nice. Fingers crossed!

It's a combination of things, and thanks for all the great replies. We love PPO breakfasts, something about walking through an empty park we all love. It's about those traditions we have come to love over many trips. It's about sitting at Crown and Thorn for the Epcot display. I wish I didn't need to book 6 months out, but it is what it is. The trickiest is when they shut MK for a party, and you have an ADR late in the park.

Thanks for all the good input. I will just keep watching!

Looks like last year MNSSHP dates were announced April 6th I believe.

If you want to you can follow this year's thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...een-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/. I found last year's thread to be informative in regards to when party dates may have occurred before they were officially announced based on park closing hours, etc though early park closings are not a guarantee that it is due to a MNSSHP.

Looks like this year they may be looking at and applying the 6pm close time for MNSSHP that was piloted during 2017's MVMCP.

I do know for PPO breakfasts it seemed like I heard a lot more grumblings last year in regards to sudden opening hour updates which removed the breakfast from being a PPO. Just keep that in mind as having a schedule with party dates, and hours now doesn't mean that really close to your trip your PPO breakfast you booked 6months out suddenly doesn't become a PPO.

Also keep in mind the new MK opening procedure that is guests are allowed on Main Street but held back from the lands before park officially opens. Depending on your last trip and went this may have not been around. It started around January 9th, 2017 https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...reet-opening-update-page-15-post-281.3567353/

Also while EMM (Early Morning Magic) isn't seen as affecting day crowd levels it does impact crowds in Fantasyland for MK depending on what your opinion of 'empty park' is in the morning since that is where EMM is held. https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-“emm”-thread-–-mk-fantasyland-early-morning-magic-faqs-august-dates-added-see-post-2.3651152/

I think it's sad that you have to know where you want to eat and at what time 6 months out

I agree. It wouldn't be as bad if Disney had their hours, parties, etc...set in stone at 180+10 Days, but picking which parks you will visit (to make ADRs you kinda have to know where you're going to be) before you know for sure what the hours will be or if there will be parties/festivals on that day is not good. Personally, I would prefer Disney open the ADR window at say 90+10 and have all their hours, parties, and festivals firmly set by then. Also, having less time between ADR and FP windows would be a huge plus.

I find it so irritating to book ADRs at 180 days out with no park schedules. then FP+ at 60 days and then Disney changes the park hours a few weeks before your trip. Certainly makes things difficult for we, the paying guests who are spending what my family is a significant account of money on a WDW vacation.
now that FP+ has been in place for a few years I'd love to see the ADR booking date moved closer to arrival date.

2009 we were DDP newbies at the time that ADRs went from telephone booking to on-line. There was a short time when ADR date was 90 days out that year and we got every ADR we wanted.

I'm hoping, but not holding much hope Food & Wine will start during my Birthday trip. I'm a little more hopeful for MNSSHP and the hours on 8-17 look favorable (6 PM closing). But, by the time they release the hours, if I decided to shift my dates a week or so later, I would be at a significant disadvantage as I'd have to pick all new ADRs well inside 180 days. This is probably not a problem for Lunch/Dinner ADRs at less popular places, but I have 3 PPO (as long as they don't open earlier) Breakfasts I would hate to lose.

I'm also extremely annoyed. I had to make my ADR's last week without official park hours. I used an unofficial Disney site to get park hours, it was the best I could do. I know that park hours change up to the day but when you want a PPO ADR at Crystal Palace it would have been nice to know what day MK was having morning EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts