I'm confused...how is a value season trip going to cost more than regular?

TigerLilyBlossom

Trying to convince DH that a Disney trip would be
:confused3 We got back from our 1st trip on Monday, and are hooked :) I figured there is no better time than now to plan another trip, so looked into a package for the beginning of December, since I saw on Mousesavers that would get us the value season rates, always a plus. Well, I plugged in the same length of stay, same resort, dining plan, tickets, MINUS the towncar service, and it is showing the cost will be MORE than it was for this trip we just returned from during the regular season rates...which is puzzling me, because we got MORE (towncar) on this trip for LESS (even with the slightly higher room rates) ... am I overlooking something (which wouldn't surprise me, lol), or is Magic Express not all that "free" after all? :confused3

We just got back also and we took a towncar. It was funny you mentioned about the pricing of ME because he kept telling us "you know, this ME isn't going to be free, they're gonna add it in somewhere".....so maybe you're right?

Is the total price broken down by component -- so much for dining, so much for room, etc?

Your just completed regular season trip may have been under a discounted package plan or special promotion while your upcoming value season trip may have been quoted when all the packages available were at regular package prices.

Also double check the dates to be sure your upcoming trip begins in value season.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Also, what tickets did you have? How much is the price difference?

Are you taking into account trip insurance? That runs $44.95 per person, or $89.90 for 2 adults....

also, different resort levels have different seasons... so it may be value for a value but regular for a moderate... are any of the children turning ten between now and then as that will also impact the price...

gigi1313 said:
also, different resort levels have different seasons... so it may be value for a value but regular for a moderate... are any of the children turning ten between now and then as that will also impact the price...
I had always thought that the seasons were the same for all resort level except for summer, July 5 starts a value season for Deluxe only...all the mods & values remain on the same season track??? If I am making any sense to you ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter