I'm bored, let's go to Disneyland, August 2019 TR

Sorry for being MIA, life got in the way and has been horrible and upsetting and I kind of want to run away to Disney but it's super expensive so living through finishing a trip report may do. :sad:

Day 5, part 1:

Day 5, our final day! While Momma was finishing packing I ran over to reception to check out what character was there and it was Miss Minnie Mouse being super cute. There seemed to be some sort of problem with the photopass camera so there was a delay with her starting to meet people and she was doing all sorts of stretches to warm up and then spotted a Mickey Mouse toy and kept going over and kissing it and then going all shy while waiting to start. It was cute watching her:

After that I went back to collect the cases out of the room. Momma was going to stay at the hotel but decided to come to the parks instead so we dropped the luggage at the luggage room. I ad my trip mascot Angel with me and the CM there tried to keep him… NO!!! Took some pictures around the reception area of the hotel then before heading to the parks. Toy story ears for Toy story hotel:

Angel was in his Sheriff Woody outfit as well so we matched :rotfl2:

We walked down to the park and our first stop was Pirates where the walk to the ride was longer than the queue!

After that we wandered back through Adventureland to try find where the Baloo meet was and Angel made the lamp smoke along the way :rotfl2:

Found the Baloo meet but Baloo wasn’t going to be out it was my favourite Stitch instead. He was fun to watch. He kept trying to steal people’s hats and stuff:

Next I went to queue for the Chip and Dale meet and greet and while I did that Momma went to get us some Lion King Croque Monsieurs for breakfast! I had Angel with me for the Chip and Dale meet and this proved to be a lot of fun. They picked up on the fact I had Toy Story ears and that Angel was matching my ears and they started dancing around doing rodeo moves it was very funny :rotfl2::cloud9:

After that we sat on a nearby bench to eat the Lion King food Momma had managed to get. These were like a large toasted sandwich but filling and seemed like good value at 7.99 for the sandwich and a drink, plus they had a Disney character on them and food always tastes better when there’s a Disney character on it :confused3

After that we took our time wandering over towards Fantasyland, it was super hot that day so I was enjoying taking sunny pictures while Momma kept trying to find shady spots:

We stopped by to see the dragon under the castle:

Then I popped in to the Christmas shop to get some new decorations before we wandered in to Fantasyland. We were headed over to Small World to try get a fast pass for it when I stopped in my tracks. :eek: I have wanted to meet the White Rabbit for ages and never saw him out but he was there :banana:

He was with Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee and the Queen of hearts. I went to join the queue but there was a CM there saying they were closing it. Momma said that we were going home that day so they said if it was only me that was queuing I could go ahead. Momma went off to get us fast passes using her disability pass for Small World while she waited and 20 minutes later I was finally meeting the White Rabbit. :cloud9: One of the Tweedles tried to steal Angel while the other one tried to eat my hair it was all very funny and the 4 characters together made for an awesome group photo :lovestruc

After the photos were taken the Tweedle with Angel wouldn’t give him back… he brushed my hand away when I went to take him and went to leave, eh NO!!!:eek::rotfl2: I did get him back though and it all worked out nicely because when I was finished meeting them it was time for the Small World fast pass:

After that we headed towards Discoveryland taking pictures along the way:

We got the fast pass return time and then Momma sat nearby and I wandered down to the Markethouse Deli to get us some rolls to bring to the airport with us. The Jungle Book Jive started as I was on my way back to Momma so I stopped to watch the floats go by:

I did move up to the hub to try watch the dancing but it was 31 degrees out at that stage and in the crowds at the hub it felt like a million degrees so instead I went and got two ice pops and headed back to Momma:

After that we used Momma’s fast passes to go on Buzz Lightyear:

I won again. :banana: After that it was time to head out of the park and back to the hotel. :sad: I took pictures along the way of course:

I found your TR a few weeks ago while I was in the last planning stages of my trip (I just got back, was there Nov 8th to 12th) and I have been enjoying reading but hadn't had the chance to comment until now (also now that I am caught up) Looks like it was a fun trip, lots of great pics. I guess it is almost over but can't wait to read the rest.

Sorry about Life getting in the way, I know the feeling, hope all is ok...

I found your TR a few weeks ago while I was in the last planning stages of my trip (I just got back, was there Nov 8th to 12th) and I have been enjoying reading but hadn't had the chance to comment until now (also now that I am caught up) Looks like it was a fun trip, lots of great pics. I guess it is almost over but can't wait to read the rest.

Sorry about Life getting in the way, I know the feeling, hope all is ok...
Thanks. We had a great trip this time the Lion King stuff was well worth seeing.

Day 5, part 2:
Back at the hotel we collected the luggage and I changed in to my “I’m leaving Disney top"
Then just had a final browse around reception and the shop there taking a few dozen pictures while we were waiting for the bus:

Closer to the time the bus was due to arrive we decided to wait outside for some fresh air… in 31 degree heat! :rolleyes:

Soon enough the Tragical shuttle arrived to take us back to the airport. :sad:

They played a video along the way to show us what we were leaving :sad:

Soon enough we got to the airport and dropped off our bags then went through about 4000 tunnels to get to our boarding gate. Whatever you do don’t take the wrong tunnel :eek::rotfl2:

We stopped along the way to pick up some macaroons in a shop:

There was very few people at our boarding gate when we got there so we just sat and ate our sandwiches that I’d picked up at the Market House Deli earlier in the day. It was nice although probably would have been nicer earlier in the day because the lettuce had made it a bit soggy by the time we ate them:

They kept asking for people to hand up their carry on luggage saying there was very little overhead space. We thought this was just the way they normally do this at an airport and kept ours with us but then when we saw the plane we understood why they kept asking. OMG it was like a dinky toy :eek:

There was no over head space. There was space behind us for about two cases on either side and the rest of the over head space was only big enough for coats! We were sitting UNDER the wing :eek:

There was no space at all in the seating rows and it was only luck the plane was half empty and the guy meant to be sitting next to Momma moved to a different row or we would have been sat on each others knee the whole way home. Instead Momma moved to the end seat and I gave Angel his own seat:

Then we were saying Farewell to Paris:

But OMG I couldn’t get off the plane quick enough. You could feel every bump the plane made, when the wheels came out, the engines coming on. I hated it and panicked and when we saw Ireland it was the most welcome sight ever:

We collected our luggage and got home by 1.30am just glad to be off that silly toy plane!

Final thoughts!

- Weather was fab this time of year. I loved it, Momma not so much as she doesn't like the heat. The last day it did start getting a bit uncomfortable at 31 degrees but most days it was between 22-31 and it was fine. It did seem to get hotter as the day went on though which was odd. We thought it would get cooler as the day went on but it didn't get cold until it was dark.
- There are healthier, filling, cheaper options for food than burgers and hot dogs if you look around. The Croque Monsieurs were great.
- The whole Lion King and Jungle Festival was great. I loved everything I saw. Momma felt Lion King'd out after the first two days though and didn't like the Rhythms of the pride lands so much.
- We were given the wrong disability pass but either pass was great and due to larger summer crowds we would not have gotten on half the rides if we didn't have the pass.
- We went expecting tonnes of rudeness this time as the parks would be busier than our usual January trips but we were pleasantly surprised. There was a bit of rudeness but not as much as we expected and this mostly came from people with children who were acting self entitled due to having kids.
- Kids on shoulders was not good. We had an awesome spot for fireworks then ended up looking at some kids butt! :rolleyes:
- CM's were mostly great this time. Would say hello is 3/4 different languages until you reacted to one then talk to you in that language.

- Most character meets were great and the characters in the hotel is a great idea!
- I didn't do as much pin trading on this trip as I normally do. There wasn't alot of CMs with lanyards around and the ones I saw didn't have very good pins on them. We did see a few boards on information desks though and found 3 nice pins on those but that was a much trading as we got in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!