IM AN AMPUTEE WITH ?????

john17002

Earning My Ears
IVE BEEN TO DISNEY ABOUT18 TIME AND THE LAST TIME I WAS THERE WAS 3 YEARS AGO. NOW IM PLANNING A TRIP BACK TO DISNEY AND SINCE THEN I WAS IN A CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT AND I LOST PART OF MY LEG. I WAS AT A SIX FLAGS PARK THIS SUMMER AND SOME OF THERE RIDE WONT LET PEOPLE WITH PROSTETICS RIDE ON THEM SO IM LOOKING TO FIND OUT IF THERE ARE ANY RIDES IN DISNEY THAT DONT ALOW PEOPLE WITH PROSTETICS. HOPE SOMONE CAN HELP ME OUT JOHN

Welcome to disabilities.
No one at WDW will prevent you from riding anything. On the FAQs thread at the top of this board, you will find some links to information from the official Disney site. One includes the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities that you can download. They don't have a lot of info, but do give some basic info about each ride. They also list the rides with specific warnings. You'll also find an icon on the park maps that indicates which rides have warnings, but it's pretty much up to you to read the wwarnings and decide if it is safe for you to ride or not.

John,

The rides you will have to avoid are those where you have your legs dangling and nothing to rest them on - I think these are all at Universal though can't recall any at WDW. The reason for this is health and safety, if your leg should come off and injure someone else in the park the park would be responsible and so they won't risk it. They also will not let you remove your leg in case there is a ride breakdown and you have to be evacuated!

Hope this helps.

Sue

The evacuation point is a good one.
In the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities (link in the disABILITIES FAQs at the top of this board), it does give evacuation information for rides- like in case of evacuation, you must descend a number of steep, narrow stairways.
Even though evacuation is unlikley, it is something to keep in mind.

interesting that they say in the guidebooks you must be able to navigate steps, etc. in case of an evacuation. But I went to WDW several years ago with a friend who is a paraplegic (wheelchair bound, no use of legs at all) and we rode Space Mountain and Splash Mountain (and prob. BTMRR, but I don't remember). I think they take each on a case-by-case basis.

You can ride them, you just need to be aware that in case an evacuation is necessary, you have to be able to negotiate stairs or wait to be evacuated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter