I'm a walker, not a stander!

I reeeeally want one of those tall, "Upwalker" model rollators I've seen advertised lately, but they cost $600! I was shocked because, as you said, a regular model is quite reasonable. Wait a few years for the price to come down, I guess.

I saw that too! There's also *this* device, which I think is quite interesting: The Alinker Walking Bike which manages to be both *wildly* expensive AND kinda weirdly cool at the same time! Our adult daughter was going to get me one right away, but I told her to wait; I love the idea of being able to use my legs more (which I could do) but I want to see what happens with this company in a year or so... I have a feeling they may have already priced themselves out of the market, and just don't know it yet.

I saw that too! There's also *this* device, which I think is quite interesting: The Alinker Walking Bike which manages to be both *wildly* expensive AND kinda weirdly cool at the same time! Our adult daughter was going to get me one right away, but I told her to wait; I love the idea of being able to use my legs more (which I could do) but I want to see what happens with this company in a year or so... I have a feeling they may have already priced themselves out of the market, and just don't know it yet.

How does one keep from falling off/sliding off backwards with the seat slanted so much? Looks like you'd have to have a lot of strength and energy in the legs to keep upright?

Op can walk. Just needs to keep moving

Which can be done in a standby queue. I've very rarely been at a complete standstill in the regular queue, and those random moments could show up anywhere, in the bus queue, in the counter service queue, in the FP queue. I would recommended not going to any of the stand up movies in World Showcase though, unless just taking a step or two at a time is enough.

Which can be done in a standby queue. I've very rarely been at a complete standstill in the regular queue, and those random moments could show up anywhere, in the bus queue, in the counter service queue, in the FP queue. I would recommended not going to any of the stand up movies in World Showcase though, unless just taking a step or two at a time is enough.
i was standing still for 15 minutes in RNR no kidding at all and this was the FP line

Last edited:
It looks like it might take some getting used to.
I see they do have a month trial period, which seems reasonable considering how expensive it is.

Op can walk. Just needs to keep moving
I get that, I have POTS too, I need to either walk or sit, I pass out if I stand still too long, especially if its hot. but DAS isn't intended for this problem, if you need to sit then bring a seat. that means either a wheelchair or a rollator. I usually don't bother because the line almost always moves along enough that it doesn't become an issue. i have only ever passed out once in a line (at busch gardens, not disney), and that was when my symptoms first started/before I was diagnosed and didn't realize what was going to happen. The only time I have ever ran into issues in Disney was waiting for the buses, I've ended up sitting on the ground in the bus lines a couple of times. Luckily I only need to sit for a few seconds then the feeling passes and I can get up again. not ideal but my own fault for not bringing a wheelchair.

I get that, I have POTS too, I need to either walk or sit, I pass out if I stand still too long, especially if its hot. but DAS isn't intended for this problem, if you need to sit then bring a seat. that means either a wheelchair or a rollator. I usually don't bother because the line almost always moves along enough that it doesn't become an issue. i have only ever passed out once in a line (at busch gardens, not disney), and that was when my symptoms first started/before I was diagnosed and didn't realize what was going to happen. The only time I have ever ran into issues in Disney was waiting for the buses, I've ended up sitting on the ground in the bus lines a couple of times. Luckily I only need to sit for a few seconds then the feeling passes and I can get up again. not ideal but my own fault for not bringing a wheelchair.
How would op do something like Space Mt. without DAS? Or do they allow wheelchair/rollator to use FP side without stairs? I just thought they had DAS when they went that way

How would op do something like Space Mt. without DAS? Or do they allow wheelchair/rollator to use FP side without stairs? I just thought they had DAS when they went that way
anyone with a mobility device or visible issue with using stairs is routed to the accessible path automatically as the CM sees their wheelchair or other device. Guests with invisible issues need to talk to the CM at the entrance.

DAS is NOT required for use of a mobility device in lines or attractions.
It was the same under the previous disability program (GAC = Guest Assistance Card). Because there was a stamp that said something on the order of “may use wheelchair entrance” , people assumed they needed GAC with that stamp to use the wheelchair entrances. That was not true - the stamp was meant to allow people with invisible disabilities who needed to use those entrances to use them.

How does one keep from falling off/sliding off backwards with the seat slanted so much? Looks like you'd have to have a lot of strength and energy in the legs to keep upright?

I know! They say that you naturally sit forward a bit, (and the seat is adjustable) but it looks like there would be a learning curve to be sure

It looks like it might take some getting used to.
I see they do have a month trial period, which seems reasonable considering how expensive it is.

Yeah... that price... o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter