Illuminations Viewing

Figment1964

Mom of 4 great boys
I've heard that there are areas for disabled people to watch the parades at MK (I'm sure I'll find out where when I get there, unless someone can tell me) but how about Illuminations? We've been numerous times but this is the first time we'll be there with our son using a GAP. He has Asperger's Syndrome and can get quite overwhelmed with too much stimulation but if we know ahead of time where we can go we can prepare him and it'll be a much easier time for our whole family!

Thanks!

I know of a viewing area between Canada and England that is set aside for guests (and their group) with disabilities. This area is roped off. You might check with a CM or Guest Services at Epcot regarding when this is set up prior to Illuminations. My DW uses an ECV and we've watched Illuminations from this area.

My suggestion is to NOT use the handicapped viewing area for Illuminations or parades (some might disagree). My DD has cerebral palsy, but she also has ADD and a lot of "issues" with waiting. In our experience, the handicapped viewing areas are usually more trouble than help with the situation we are dealing with.
The handicapped viewing areas tend to get quite crowded and you often need to arrive early to get a spot. Once you are there, you have to stay there - no wandering around while another member of your party saves your spot.
Illuminations and the parades have a lot of spots where you can see just as well (sometimes better) than from the handicapped viweing areas.
My advice is to stake out a spot, hopefully with a bench along the fence. There are places for Illuminations where your party can be next to a bend in the fence or some other natural obstruction so that no one will be right up to you on one side. Just make sure that your spot has a faily unobstructed view of the middle of the WS laggon and you will have a good view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter