Illuminations Viewing

Uncle Mikey

Mouseketeer
Two ladies in our party will be using ECV's on this next trip. My question is where is the wheelchair/ecv section for viewing Illuminations? How is the view from that section and how far in advance do you need to get there? We are considering trying for the Rose & Crown Pub for dinner and viewing it from the terrace. But there is no guarantee that they will have a table available so we want to consider all our options. Thanks in advance.

There is a handicapped viewing area right as you cross the bridge into World Showcase in front of the shop on the left. About an hour ahead is about right.

Rose and Crown would be a good choice. There is a reserved viewing area right next to the restaurant, next to the bridge. We were allowed to use that with our autistic son last year, and there were several people in wheelchairs and ECVs, or who clearly needed the benches. I am not sure if it is specifically designated as a special access area, but it is a perfect spot for it.

Yes, teri, the spot you watched from is a designated wheelchair viewing area. We have used it also in the past. There are several large trees there. My DD is not able to get out of her wheelchair and ended up behind one of the trees, next to a man who couldn't get out of his wheelchair either. There were quite a few empty ecvs sitting in the spots with good views. So, if you plan on sitting on the benches, please tell the CMs to have you park in the viewing spots that are not so good. I'm sure those who were parked in the "good" spots didn't realize there were other people who were not able to see. They just parked where the CM told them.
The viewing areas are marked on the park maps with a little red wheelchair icon. In addition to the spots already mentioned, there is one between Germany and Italy and another one to the left of the left side shop as you enter WS.
If you don't want to go to the wheelchair viewing area, you can find good spots all around the WS. The globe that is part of the presentation is put out in the WS lagoon during the afternoon. Find a spot with a good view of that and you will be able to see the show quite well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter