Illuminations view....Swan or Dolphin

karma_cameleon

Earning My Ears
First off let me say that this is a great site. I am planning my honeymoon at WDW and the forums have been real helpfull. I was planning to stay off site but after reading all the comments about the Swan and Dolphin I may have to change that plan.

I want to get a King room with a balcony but for which hotel. Which hotel has the best view of Epcot and Illuminations? I read about the corner King room in the Dolphin. Do they have a good view of Illuminations? If anyone has an exact room number to recommend it would be really helpful.

Thanks
:smooth:

I don't have exact room numbers for a corner king, because I have a family, but a room high up on the outside of the east wing of the Dolphin should get you what you want. Have you joined SPG? It's free, and then you can apply for a Starwood American Express and rack up the points by charging part of your wedding! I think you can even get 5,000 points for signing up, today might be the last day though. Go to www.Starwood.com. Also read though the posts about Starwood, and the Swan/Dolphin. Very informative.

Jenny...

Thanks for the info. Is there a particular view I should request (resort, lake or standard) or do all the rooms in the east wing have the same view? I have been reading the posts about the Swan and Dolphin but I still have a lot of pages to go through.

Originally posted by karma_cameleon
do all the rooms in the east wing have the same view?
I thought that the east wing is the whole east side of the building. When you look at the building from the walkway between Swan and Dolphin, with the Swan at your back , you are facing north, and east is to the right. If you look at photos of the Dolphin, you will see that the Dolphin has "fingers" that come out of the building, which are long hallways with rooms on either side. The balcony rooms are on these fingers. So, if you have a blacony room in the east wing, you could still be facing west, away from Epcot. And if your facing east you could still be so close to the main part of the building on the inner end of the finger that a more easterly "finger" obscures your view of the lake and Epcot....unless you are on the furthest east "finger". And balcony rooms facing east, but out toward the end of a finger in the west wing CAN have good views. SO,now that I've probably totally confused you, I think I read somewhere that the corner king turrett rooms are out at the ends of the fingers.....
As a previous poster said, on the "outside" of the furthest east, a balcony room would have a view. On the 4th floor all the rooms have balconies, at least on that outside finger wing. The floors above alternate rooms w/ and w/o balconies. We had a nice view of Illuminations (I think it was 4031 :eek: ) on that outside wing, it was a double/double room though!

There is a lot of info on Glo's FAQ at teh top of the page and also on Dreamflight99's thread.........but lots of reading for you! Good luck and enjoy your planning and your trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter