Illuminations from Boardwalk??

KJal1

Mouseketeer
A question for all you Boardwalk fans...can you see Illuminations from the Boardwalk? I tried to get a cruise however, I called on Feb. 15 for May 15 and they were booking cruises for the 16th. Needless to say that's the day we're leaving so no luck there. Last time we stayed in Epcot we staked out a spot an hour and a half before hand only to have some "friendly" people weasel there way in front of us fifteen minutes before the show, so I'm really not up for the super long wait. I was thinking of maybe having dinner at Spoodles and staying for the show. Anyone know if you can see it from there?:confused:

A good spot is the bridge just past ESPN that leads over to the International Gateway. The boats that go between the resorts and the International Gateway go under it.

Just keep in mind that you can't see any of the parts that are going on on the water, only the aeriels.

Yes, the view from the bridge is ok, but you do miss a lot. Its no substitute for seeing it from around WS.

I would not advise watching Illuminations from the Boardwalk. I have done it a few times and each time you get a view of the fireworks, but not the water and country display. That's the best part of Illuminations. I would either try your hotel room, depending on the floor you are on, or just go to the park.
ADP

Don't give up trying to get a reservation for an Illuminations Cruise. There are cancellations everyday and there is a good chance that you can still get a reservation before your trip. Even call and try for a reservation while you are at WDW.

I snagged a reservation 6 weeks out for my 2000 trip, so I know it can happen.

You can really only see the fireworks from Illuminations on the Boardwalk, you miss the drama that is on the water.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter