Illuminations - End Date

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

Can anyone please let me know when Illuminations is suppose to end? Im going in September and would like to do the Rose and Crown package but thinking the show will have ended by then.

Thanks.

Exact date has not been announced, only "end of summer" which can mean mid August. As of today it's scheduled through August 17

Dang. Thanks so much!

"End of summer" is all we have.
I would expect the interim show to start some time between Labor Day and October 1st.

I thought the plan was to have Illuminations end on one night and the interim show begin the next night. Has something official been said contradicting that?

I thought the plan was to have Illuminations end on one night and the interim show begin the next night. Has something official been said contradicting that?
That can still happen, illuminations schedule keeps rolling over, today the calendar says until the 18th of August. It could be going all of August.

the exact wording from the WDW Site
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will be ending in the second half of 2019. The show is currently planned to run through the end of summer 2019 to make way for a new nighttime fireworks spectacular.

it is continuing to show on Disney Calendar thru Sept 6th ( last date posted on WDW as of today)- not sure of accuracy because it also mentions Flower and Garden tours for those dates

it is continuing to show on Disney Calendar thru Sept 6th ( last date posted on WDW as of today)- not sure of accuracy because it also mentions Flower and Garden tours for those dates

I actually made a Rose and Crown Illuminations dining package dinner for September 11 so guessing it will be the middle or end of September now.

Thanks all!

They could still change it to the interim show and change the package to that.
They could continue offering a dining package at Rose & Crown as long as they can sell it out most nights. Heck, they don't even need sell outs, since they can just flexibly adjust the package area and fill the additional tables with walk-ins.

They could continue offering a dining package at Rose & Crown as long as they can sell it out most nights. Heck, they don't even need sell outs, since they can just flexibly adjust the package area and fill the additional tables with walk-ins.

If I paid the inflated price for a pkg and they filled in with walk ins, I’d be asking for a refund. They can’t charge for an exclusive viewing area, then open it to the public.

That said, I can’t imagine they won’t continue this and FOE if the demand is there.

I think the package was worth it even though there were one or two families to our left who got the same view by the luck of the draw. We paid for a guarantee, and were treated like royalty by comparison.

I think the package was worth it even though there were one or two families to our left who got the same view by the luck of the draw. We paid for a guarantee, and were treated like royalty by comparison.

I purchased the package for our September trip and really looking forward to it. We don't stay around any longer and wait to watch fireworks but being that this
is the last year and we like to try new experiences, I think this was the perfect fit for us. We both drink and will eat an entree and now have a place to sit (or stand)
and watch the show, its a win-win for me.

If I paid the inflated price for a pkg and they filled in with walk ins, I’d be asking for a refund. They can’t charge for an exclusive viewing area, then open it to the public.

That said, I can’t imagine they won’t continue this and FOE if the demand is there.
I think they meant that they can fill in with people walking up that are willing to pay and book the dining package.

I purchased the package for our September trip and really looking forward to it. We don't stay around any longer and wait to watch fireworks but being that this
is the last year and we like to try new experiences, I think this was the perfect fit for us. We both drink and will eat an entree and now have a place to sit (or stand)
and watch the show, its a win-win for me.
Personally, I think Spice Road has a better menu, better viewing and we don't have to pay extra, just maybe arrive a bit early to request water side seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter