Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

Great!! We have to wait for our official 180 day mark which is Friday.... but this is good to know! :goodvibes

Were you able to get a reservation? If so, for which date? Did you see any availability after September 30?

Were you able to get a reservation? If so, for which date? Did you see any availability after September 30?
We were able to get Sept 30th for 2 people. I had tried Sept 29 (thought Sunday would work better for us) but only res. for 3 would pop up online. So I called and after about 25 minutes of the CM talking to guest services, etc.... she said the tables that seat 2 were all booked as they only have so many small tables (as someone posted earlier). She said we could book for 3 and keep looking for 2 to pop up, but I didn't want to pay that extra money. So I asked her to look for Sept 30, but she said she was getting the same thing for that date!
However, I was looking online at the same time and Sept 30 showed up online for me! So I took that one.
I actually tried for Oct 2 for 2 people and it was there also!
BUT...... the CM told me, the last they knew Illuminations was ending in August.... another reason she spent so much time discussing with guest services, she was surprised this was showing up at all for Sept....
Then she told me that IF they come up with an actual "last date" of Illuminations, and it's before my ADR date..... they were supposed to call and let me know and that I would have options, such as keep the dinner res. or whatever?
So .... we will see!

We were able to get Sept 30th for 2 people. I had tried Sept 29 (thought Sunday would work better for us) but only res. for 3 would pop up online. So I called and after about 25 minutes of the CM talking to guest services, etc.... she said the tables that seat 2 were all booked as they only have so many small tables (as someone posted earlier). She said we could book for 3 and keep looking for 2 to pop up, but I didn't want to pay that extra money. So I asked her to look for Sept 30, but she said she was getting the same thing for that date!
However, I was looking online at the same time and Sept 30 showed up online for me! So I took that one.
I actually tried for Oct 2 for 2 people and it was there also!
BUT...... the CM told me, the last they knew Illuminations was ending in August.... another reason she spent so much time discussing with guest services, she was surprised this was showing up at all for Sept....
Then she told me that IF they come up with an actual "last date" of Illuminations, and it's before my ADR date..... they were supposed to call and let me know and that I would have options, such as keep the dinner res. or whatever?
So .... we will see!

I also have a reservation for September 30 but I keep checking to see if the interm show “Epcot Forever” happens to show up in the reservation list just in case.

I tried this morning to book for 2 for Sept 29th, and found it was only bookable for larger parties. I called, and the CM I spoke with ended up booking it for 3, but had one as an infant so it wouldn't charge me extra, then once it was booked modified it back down to 2. Seems really odd that they have it set up like this!

Oh, one other note, when the CM I spoke with on the phone asked if we were celebrating anything I mentioned possibly a new fireworks show since Illuminations might not be going on by then, and she said "yup, it'll be gone by then." Kinda bummed to hear this, but also taking this with a grain of salt until I hear official word from Disney!

Oh, one other note, when the CM I spoke with on the phone asked if we were celebrating anything I mentioned possibly a new fireworks show since Illuminations might not be going on by then, and she said "yup, it'll be gone by then." Kinda bummed to hear this, but also taking this with a grain of salt until I hear official word from Disney!

I myself thought that the new interim show “Epcot forever” starting October 1 made a lot of sense since it’ll be the anniversary of Epcot opening but I guess we will have to wait and see

I had been trying for awhile to book Sept 4 for two people. Nothing available for less than three. I called yesterday and after talking to two different CM I was able to get it booked for two.

:crazy2: Then why advertise it as "Illuminations dining package"? That would stink! I will also keep watch for official word. If it is the new show we will most likely cancel.

We did this Wednesday night and it was absolutely perfect! All guests were in the upper section and no one was in the lower section. I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but you could only get one drink at a time. This was fine with us but he made sure to mention it to every table.
Had a little 2 top right by the door where they bring out the food. The view was a little blocked but my DH could easily scoot over a little and see straight on. The view was completely perfect!
I'm not sure if anyone had complained about that table's view, because the manager made sure to come by and let us know that we could move to the lower area once the show started and she also came back to make sure if had been ok. I told her it was perfect.
We both enjoyed dinner and had a great date night watching my favorite Disney nighttime show. I will truly miss it :sad:

I checked in around 7:30 and requested patio seating. They said they could no longer take requests due to the new dining package. However we were able to get a seat on the upper patio easily, and there were at least 5 other tables nearby that were empty.
I'm confused. If they could no longer take requests, then how did you get the table on the upper patio?

We did this Wednesday night and it was absolutely perfect! All guests were in the upper section and no one was in the lower section. I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but you could only get one drink at a time. This was fine with us but he made sure to mention it to every table.
Had a little 2 top right by the door where they bring out the food. The view was a little blocked but my DH could easily scoot over a little and see straight on. The view was completely perfect!
I'm not sure if anyone had complained about that table's view, because the manager made sure to come by and let us know that we could move to the lower area once the show started and she also came back to make sure if had been ok. I told her it was perfect.
We both enjoyed dinner and had a great date night watching my favorite Disney nighttime show. I will truly miss it :sad:

I'm confused. I thought the tables were on the lower level. When did they change them to the top?

I'm confused. I thought the tables were on the lower level. When did they change them to the top?
I don't know. We were all on the upper section and the lower was empty. It was a good view though and we were told we could go down to the lower if we wanted. It was also chilly, so I don't know if that played a part in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter