Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

Am I reading the cancellation policy correctly, that it can be cancelled at least 48 before the event with a full refund?

The price is really not bad at all. If one was going as cheap as possible just for the seating, yes, this is a significant price increase. Then again, that may well be why they started this- not saying everyone does, but I’m sure a great many were just getting as little as possible and taking seats away from full diners. I’m thrilled with this.

I think the price is high if you have older kids. Last time we ate at R&C, we lucked out with a patio table and a great view of Illuminations. We had a 7:45 reservation. Hubby and I each had a starter, an entree and 1 alcoholic drink each. Kids were 10 and 11 at the time and ordered off the kids menu. Our bill was probably in the $100 range (not including tip). DD (13) would still probably want to order off the kids menu or split something. I am sad because I enjoyed booking a table there and hoping for a patio one, but I can’t see paying those prices unless maybe it was just hubby and me.

I just booked this for Friday July 12. I now have reserved seating at each of the 4 night-time shows (fireworks dessert party at the Magic Kingdom, Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic package at Hollywood Studios, Rivers of Light Tusker House package at Animal kingdom).

I think the price is high if you have older kids. Last time we ate at R&C, we lucked out with a patio table and a great view of Illuminations. We had a 7:45 reservation. Hubby and I each had a starter, an entree and 1 alcoholic drink each. Kids were 10 and 11 at the time and ordered off the kids menu. Our bill was probably in the $100 range (not including tip). DD (13) would still probably want to order off the kids menu or split something. I am sad because I enjoyed booking a table there and hoping for a patio one, but I can’t see paying those prices unless maybe it was just hubby and me.

No doubt the package can cost more than one would normally spend, but I don’t like taking chances and hoping I get what I want when I’m there. It doesn’t work for everyone, but for me, what amounts to a $30-$40 surcharge is worth it for the guarantee of having a nice meal and a seated view of the show. I paid this much for less than stellar desserts at a tiny table shared with strangers.

No doubt the package can cost more than one would normally spend, but I don’t like taking chances and hoping I get what I want when I’m there. It doesn’t work for everyone, but for me, what amounts to a $30-$40 surcharge is worth it for the guarantee of having a nice meal and a seated view of the show. I paid this much for less than stellar desserts at a tiny table shared with strangers.

I agree. It's a pretty fair price for a guaranteed patio seat IMO.

I've always managed to be able to sweet talk us into a patio seat, but it's stressful walking up to the podium knowing the whole family will be disappointed if we don't get one. I've always been willing to pay for a patio seat at R & C if it was an option.

It said the package was limited to about 40 people, and does not utilize the entire patio, leaving part of the patio and the standing viewing area for regular patrons.

I’m trying to remember the layout of the patio.

If memory serves, there is a lower patio, an upper patio facing the lagoon, and the side patio.

Would 40 fit on the owner patio, or would 40 include the upper level facing the lagoon? Pretty sure the side patio is for regular diners.

We checked in at 7:30 and were seated around 7:50. We’re taking up the entire bottom level, about 15 tables. The top level is still regular diners. Drinks were served by 8:15. Ordered the cocktail with the boba on the side; it’s good, but a little sweet for me. Let me know if you have any questions while I’m here!ADAF8140-72E3-482A-80CD-C30636AB8C4D.jpeg 2FE08865-4EC2-459B-A41F-9D1922544875.jpeg
FE7BA8DD-2E48-491B-B6FF-313861346A0B.jpeg

How is the seating arranged? Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

It’s the regular tables along the water and then a handful along the wall, but they are windowed in between each other. Nothing different than the normal table setup. It’s just like if we had an ADR.

It’s the regular tables along the water and then a handful along the wall, but they are windowed in between each other. Nothing different than the normal table setup. It’s just like if we had an ADR.

Thanks for the review. I cannot wait to experience this. Were you able to see the overhead fireworks? We are going July 4th and I want my Dad to see the July 4th finale. I’m concerned with the umbrellas blocking the view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter