Illuminations dessert party?

K McElroy

Earning My Ears
I've seen an "Illuminations dessert party" mentioned in these discussions, and would love to know what this is. Is it something available at Epcot? Do you sign up somewhere? Do you create these yourself? Many thanks for information about this.

Illuminations Desert Parties are held on the "islands" around the World Showcase. I assume anyone can hold one, but I think the minimum charge is around over $1,000. I know some folks on the DVC board put together one and just spread the cost out amoung themselves.

You have to book this with the Disney Group Sales Department.

I got a fax from them last Friday. Here's the info about the dessert reception.

Booking Guidelines

Dessert Reception menus start at $17.50++ per person

Minimum of 20 guest. Maximum capacity is 300 guest

Theme park admission is required

You must have a contracted group room block at a WDW Resort to host this special event

Enhancements(prices available upon request)

Enjoy International Coffees and Cordials with your delectable dessert selection

Capture the moment with a Disney photographer

Menu

Florida Lemon Bars
Double Chocolate Brownies
White Chocolate Chip with Macadamia Nut Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Chewy Rice Crispy Treats
Chocolate Marshmallows Squares
Coffee, Hot Tea, Lemonade

$17.50 pp
(1 hour, 20 person min.)

I also have one for Fantasmic. You have to book at least 10 rooms in order to schedule one of these.

Several families from my son's school are trying to plan a trip to Disney together this summer. If we can get 10 rooms, I want to book both dessert parties.

We did the illuminations dessert party this summer for our group of 21. It was a little pricey but an awesome view with our own private platform. It was one of those once in a lifetime things(we decided to splurge this one time). The desserts were a little bland but our server was wonderful!

Unless something has changed in the past few weeks, you should not have to book any rooms to have a dessert party. The various party locations each has a minimum dollar amount. We booked UK Upper (near Rose and Crown fish and chips stand), which holds 50 people max, and it worked out to $30.15 per person. We had the "old world desserts in miniature" menu, which was perfect because we each got to sample lots of different treats. Food and service were top notch.
The person to talk to first is Dante Gibilisco, Park Catering and Event Services Manager. Phone 407-566-6482, email dante.gibilisco@disney.com. He'll send you pictures, menus, etc.
Janet

....I agree with AspiringCindy ~ it was one of those "Once-in-a-Lifetime" experiences!! I think that maybe one of the reasons the desserts were not "up-to-par" is that we come from an area of the US where great bakeries are a dime a dozen, coupled with the fact that it was the end of July - not a good time to have Italian pastries outdoors! I've seen Illuminations at least half a dozen times, but being on your own private deck with a TOTALLY UNOBSTRUCTED VIEW is something that cannot really be measured with $$$, and it was the 1st time that I really got to enjoy the whole show, not trying to balance my young DS on my shoulders and fighting the crowds for that optimum view and location!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter