Illuminations and Happily Ever After Cruises - Find One To Share

I'm looking for 2 spaces (my husband and me) for either an Illuminations or Wishes (well... whatever's replacing Wishes) cruise on either July 25th or 26th, 2017. The 26th is my birthday, so we're hoping to find a cruise to share. PM me here with dates, cruise details, and price.

We have a 3rd of July MK fireworks cruise booked. We are 4 adults and have room for 4 adults.
Price boat is $478. We want to give an $80 tip. So total $558. $69.75 per person.

We leave from Contemporary. Tentative time to meet is 7:45, but we are to call 2 weeks ahead of time to verify.

Send me a message and post here. I am also putting this on the DVC Board.

Bobbi

We are down to 2 empty seats.

Bobbi

Hello Everyone... I just made reservations for the Specialty Cruise (illuminations) for June 10, 2017. The boat is filled, so i can't take anyone else, but wanted to make mention that they now require payment at the time of the reservation. $371.69. They used to take payment the day of the cruise, but that has since changed. I found out about that today.

We have booked a boat leaving from the Contemporary on July 3. Cost of boat is $478 and we want to tip captain $80. Total is $558. $69.75 per person.

Tentative time to meet is 7:45 but we are to call 2 weeks ahead to verify.

We have 2 more places to fill.

I know this is way way way early, but we'll be there in December 2017 and would be interested in sharing an Illuminations cruise if there are any takers. We will be a party of 4. thanks!

I am looking for December for three adults also. Our schedule is tight. I was thinking about Thursday, December 7th, 2017. We are arriving on Dec 3rd and I know reservations can't be made until 180 days prior.

Last edited:

What is the appropriate amount for a tip? 15%? 20%?

Also, when you share, do you collect the tip from everyone else or do you just collect the money for the boat ride and ask them to give their tip directly to the captain?

Last edited:
Another question: Is there a preference between the MK cruise and the Illuminations cruise? Is it worth it to try to do both or is one enough?

What is the appropriate amount for a tip? 15%? 20%?

Also, when you share, do you collect the tip from everyone else or do you just collect the money for the boat ride and ask them to give their tip directly to the captain?
Whether I have booked the cruise, or someone else has, the tip was figured out by the person who booked. While that may not be the case all the time, I have participated in about 10 fireworks cruises and it has worked like that.

I think the MK fireworks cruises are preferable. JMO

HI everyone, I was looking on the first page and noticed it said 90 days for booking but I think it's 180 right?? I just want to make sure so that if it is 180 when I do my Dining ressies at the end of May I can also do this one as well..

I am thinking of trying to get one for Thanksgiving Night 11/23/17 - but that will hinge on what I can get for SouthWest flights when they do their release on 5/18..

We have booked a boat leaving from the Contemporary on July 3. Cost of boat is $478 and we want to tip captain $80. Total is $558. $69.75 per person.

Just bumping!

I am looking for December for three adults also. Our schedule is tight. I was thinking about Thursday, December 7th, 2017. We are arriving on Dec 3rd and I know reservations can't be made until 180 days prior.
Sorry, we don't arrive until the 9th, so won't be able to share this with you on the 7th. Thanks for taking an interest though! :)

Bumping...yes, we only have 2 places left.

Today we leave on Disney Transatlantic cruise and will not be back until May 30th. I will not be on the Disboard as frequently as I have been. We have 2 seats left, and I hope there are two who can join us! It's a boat that holds 8, we have 6, and the fireworks are exceptional!!

Bobbi:boat:

Looks like we are going to cancel a July 3rd firework pontoon cruise from the Polynesian Resort. Cost of boat is $478 + tip and can accommodate up to 8 people.

Neat thing about departing from the Poly is you can order 'Ohana's Twilight Feasts delivered to the boat just prior to departure at 7:30pm .

Please PM me to coordinate...Thanks!

My husband and i have joined another couple who have booked an illumination cruise for Friday 8th September. There are 6 spaces left and we would welcome anyone who would like to come and share.. Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter