Ikspiari Restaurants

Discussion in 'Tokyo Disneyland' started by Princess Madeleine, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:13 PM.

1. Princess Madeleine

Princess Madeleine Earning My Ears

Just wondering if there's a consensus on good restaurants in Ikspiari or if I should plan to stick to eating in the parks. I'm having a hard time finding pricing and reviews in English without digging a bunch.

As a note, we are not big on seafood but will give it a shot if it's very well done, and I've already got the Ramen place (Ippudo, I believe) on my short list. Thanks in advance!

2. addiemon

addiemon Snarky Princess of Oz

Ippudo is a big ramen chain in Japan- and definitely a super solid pick!

You might, like me, find the idea of eating at an Australia-based Mexican restaurant in Japan entertaining and consider Guzman y Gomez. Don't. The food's super boring and a waste of good calories in Japan IMO, unless you're desperate for some basic tacos.

Mare Cucina was pretty solid. We had a good meal there, though nothing super memorable or worth writing home about.

That's all I've been to so far at Ikspiari so I don't have any thoughts or suggestions on the other places. ^^ You'll find better prices and a calmer environment than the parks, but mostly we ate at the parks for convenience / more time there. For in-park restaurants, I like Vulcania at the volcano in Disney Sea (Asian, mostly Chinese dishes - they usually have a good chef plate special) and Restaurant Hokusai in Disneyland (seriously the best katsu I've ever had, it practically melted in my mouth). :)

3. Princess Madeleine

Princess Madeleine Earning My Ears

I hail from the land of amazing Tex-Mex, so I think I'll take your advice on the Mexican food! Lol

I will definitely check out those in park restaurants, those sound awesome! Thank you!

4. disneyphx

disneyphx Mouseketeer

Ippudo is the only 'real' restaurant we ate at there. We ate there on a crazy busy crowded day in the parks, where even food carts had 30 minute lines.....
    We did eat at the Ikspiari food court on the night we arrived - a reasonable amount of choice, so the group of 5 could all get what they felt like. Kind of akin to a mall foodcourt in the US.
    Somehow in all my pre-trip reading, I had not quite processed that Ikspiari is kind of a 'local mall' - it is a bit like downtown Disney, but I found it more akin to a huge mall like Houston Galleria or Scottsdale Fashion Square that have good restaurants in them.

Princess Madeleine likes this.
  5. gelatoni fan

gelatoni fan Mouseketeer

I've had Ippudo and Tonkatsu Wako at other places. Both chains are well liked by foreigners and fit the bill for good, inexpensive Japanese food on TDR property. A lot of people like the food court in the basement and I like the udon place. I've also had the bar like restaurant right in front of the fountain facing Maihama station. I think it's a bit expensive but the food is good and it's open late. Usually, I'm arriving after park closing so I try to grab whatever I can from the grocery store and eat it before heading off.

Princess Madeleine likes this.